Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Hunter legendary in MOP?

Tinfoil hat time.

"Before Wrath of the Lich King came out, less than one percent of the playerbase actually experienced Sunwell."

Clearly, they realize how unobtainable of a legendary we received and will reward us with one in MOP.

Based on availability(<1% of players) and use(no progression content), hunters got the shaft more than any other class(not spec)

I also think that there will be some sort of fist weapon for monks/enh. If it were a staff, then every guild would be almost forced to run a feral or monk tank(not cool).

Discuss!
    Last edited by cganz; 2012-03-20 at 08:04 PM.

As I'm sure others have pointed out in the past, blizzard don't have a set order for legendery's they bring them out to suit the expansion at the time, my money's on a main hand fist for monks and shamans tbh

And Im 90% sure somewhere in the expansion there will be a legendary for monks
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Legendary Healing first weapons

I 100% agree that there will be some sort of fist weapon for monks/enh.

I also think there will/should be a hunter legendary as well. Based on availability(<1% of players) and use(no progression content), hunters got the shaft more than any other class(not spec).

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    As I'm sure others have pointed out in the past, blizzard don't have a set order for legendery's they bring them out to suit the expansion at the time, my money's on a main hand fist for monks and shamans tbh

And Im 90% sure somewhere in the expansion there will be a legendary for monks
    Blizzard only say that so people will get excited and surpriced about the next legendary instead of waiting and expecting

I wish they would just stop making them. They aren't 'legendary' anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm crossing my finger and hoping for a pair of Legendary Fist weapons usable by Tank/DPS Monks and Enha Shamans only

I'm not gonna hold my breath though....
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be a cold day in hell before a hunter gets a legendary before a tank does.

Deleted
    naah fist weapon for shamans and monk's
    Last edited by mmoc684b23f12a; 2012-03-20 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    I'm crossing my finger and hoping for a pair of Legendary Fist weapons usable by Tank/DPS Monks and Enha Shamans only

lol fist would also work for rogues, i pray blizzard aint stupid enough to cause such a shitstorm by doing so, everyone would be in an uproar bout rogues getting another legendary. if anything probably a polearm for druid and monks IF it isnt a hunter gun/crossbow (doubt they will do another bow atm)
    Last edited by Valkryx; 2012-03-20 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cganz View Post
    Tinfoil hat time.

"Before Wrath of the Lich King came out, less than one percent of the playerbase actually experienced Sunwell."

Clearly, they realize how unobtainable of a legendary we received and will reward us with one in MOP.

Discuss!
    Wouldn't be surprised although chances are good that there will be an agi polearm as well.

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post

Tank monks won't use fist weapons, they use polearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
    It will be a cold day in hell before a hunter gets a legendary before a tank does.
    A tank legendary would be hard to design without trivializing every encounter, unless is was just a damage booster like a dps legendary. In that case, why is it a tanking legendary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    lol fist would also work for rogues, i pray blizzard aint stupid enough to cause such a shitstorm by doing so, everyone would be in an uproar bout rogues getting another legendary. if anything probably a polearm for druid and monks IF it isnt a hunter gun/crossbow (doubt they will do another bow atm)
    This. I still hear people bitching about "WTF WHY ONLY ROGUES GET LEGENDARY!?" so my money is on an AGI staff/polearm, 1. Because of monks 2. I think ferals need some love. I think I read hunters wont be able to use stat-sticks anymore as well, so if that actually goes live, you guys sadly wont be getting a legendary (if it's a staff/polearm).

considering monks are going to be big, im seeing fist weapons for shaman/monk

I'm thinking a agi staff for hunters/feral and guardian druids/dps and tank monks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Stand up. You jut defeated gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
    I'm thinking a agi staff for hunters/feral and guardian druids/dps and tank monks.
    Stat ticks are gone(no hunter staves/polearms).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
    Last I heard, no more stat-sticks in MoP. This means no polearms and staves for hunters, no wands for casters, etc. I think the only classes that get to keep their stat-"sticks" are rogues and warriors, because they actually use them beyond "LOL it giefs me stats."

Edit: Also, wands and ranged items are becoming mainhand weapons, for their respective classes. So a mage can use a wand in place of a staff or dagger, and a hunter will be using ranged items in their mainhands, instead of stat-sticks. Warriors and rogues will still use ranged items in their ranged slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    Last I heard, no more stat-sticks in MoP. This means no polearms and staves for hunters, no wands for casters, etc. I think the only classes that get to keep their stat-"sticks" are rogues and warriors, because they actually use them beyond "LOL it giefs me stats."

Edit: Also, wands and ranged items are becoming mainhand weapons, for their respective classes. So a mage can use a wand in place of a staff or dagger, and a hunter will be using ranged items in their mainhands, instead of stat-sticks. Warriors and rogues will still use ranged items in their ranged slots.
    IIRC, Warriors and Rogues will now throw their MH weapon for any ranged attack and any special attack they used to require a ranged weapon.

I'll dig up the link but even if you think about it logically, if you don't remove the ranged slot from rogues/warriors, they will have extra slots, which will mean they will not be balanced with any other class (due to having an extra slot with extra stats)

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=1964...hanges-classes
    Down at Expansion Changes, then Classes, 2nd bullet point.
    Last edited by tobiashunter; 2012-03-20 at 08:19 PM.

I think a 1h tank weapon is what we should get next... or a healing 1h. But thats just because I'm a healer and not reasoned by anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    This. I still hear people bitching about "WTF WHY ONLY ROGUES GET LEGENDARY!?" so my money is on an AGI staff/polearm, 1. Because of monks 2. I think ferals need some love. I think I read hunters wont be able to use stat-sticks anymore as well, so if that actually goes live, you guys sadly wont be getting a legendary (if it's a staff/polearm).
    It can be fist weapons. The quest for the legendary just need to avaiable only to shamans or monks.

Aside from that Monks looks like a safe bet for a legendary, but the big question is what actual model Blizzard will be using?

Fangs of the Father had an awesome questline that played on the rogues ability, but the raid parts was just a grind. Dragonwrath required a bit more, but only just and certainly wasnt as engaging as Shadowmourne's requirements.

Hunters are certainly one of the classes which lends itself best to class-specific quests like the rogue ones for legendary daggers, but we know too little about how Blizzard feel about legendaries to even guess what theyll do to them....

Maybe a more appropriate line of thought is to consider whether the first tier of MoP will have a legendary or not