10+ Year Old Account

Battle.net Update Agent

Does anyone know what this "Agent.exe" Battle.net Update Agent does? It's running in my background right now taking up 164 MB of memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should check how much upload it's blowing.

It was sucking up all my upload and crapping out my internet, I had to limit it. Right now I'm trying to update the Beta and the launcher is stuck at 0%.

*EDIT* It finally updated. For some reason the loading bar graphic/indicator wasn't working.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-04-07 at 02:57 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    You should check how much upload it's blowing.

It was sucking up all my upload and crapping out my internet, I had to limit it. Right now I'm trying to update the Beta and the launcher is stuck at 0%.
    If your updater is stuck, kill the agent.exe process. It will linger in memory after the launcher crashes sometimes, and nuking the process is the only way to make the updater start working again.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    If your updater is stuck, kill the agent.exe process. It will linger in memory after the launcher crashes sometimes, and nuking the process is the only way to make the updater start working again.
    I had this issue when I first downloaded the beta. I didn't know what the Agent was so I endtasked it without caring. It's annoying because it's always asking for firewall permissions even though you allowed it.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.