I think it is about time to stop saying "it's just beta"; we need to start locating the god damn panic button here! We're about a month away from launch and we're in a pretty terrible spot. Hunters, unite! Massive QQ on the official forums, HOOOOOO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I really don't understand the Frenzy and Marksmanship nerfs at all. MM was already significantly lower than the other 2 specs, why did it get the most extensive nerfs?
    I suppose the Frenzy nerf is to make it a no-brainer to hit Focus Fire, but that's a pretty shitty way to get us to like that button again.

I'm also pretty shocked that Steady Shot hasn't been buffed yet. It hits like a wet noodle at this point.
    You insult wet noodles everywhere by comparing the awful damage of Steady Shot to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    I think it is about time to stop saying "it's just beta"; we need to start locating the god damn panic button here! We're about a month away from launch and we're in a pretty terrible spot. Hunters, unite! Massive QQ on the official forums, HOOOOOO!!!!!

The only reason we're in a bad spot now is because of how bad they fucked us over by putting Aspects on the normal GCD.

Our DPS shouldn't be that bad, though. Not sure about Marksmanship.
    Last edited by Penguintamer; 2012-08-21 at 09:40 PM.

We're not in a bad spot though! :| We're in a very good spot. While I dont understand the MM nerfs, BM and SV are doing great.

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I really don't understand the Frenzy and Marksmanship nerfs at all. MM was already significantly lower than the other 2 specs, why did it get the most extensive nerfs?
    I suppose the Frenzy nerf is to make it a no-brainer to hit Focus Fire, but that's a pretty shitty way to get us to like that button again.

I'm also pretty shocked that Steady Shot hasn't been buffed yet. It hits like a wet noodle at this point.
    Frenzy nerf was probably just to bring down BM DPS a tad. Focus Fire is already worth hitting after the last nerf to Frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    We're not in a bad spot though! :| We're in a very good spot. While I dont understand the MM nerfs, BM and SV are doing great.

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 09:50 PM ----------

Frenzy nerf was probably just to bring down BM DPS a tad. Focus Fire is already worth hitting after the last nerf to Frenzy.
    Basing my information purely off of hearsay, but I thought BM and Survival were both pretty far down "there" on the charts as well. <shrug>

Basing my information purely off of hearsay, but I thought BM and Survival were both pretty far down "there" on the charts as well. <shrug>
    Thats the thing I'm trying to get across. Those simmed charts everyone sees and bases their opinion on are not as accurate as you think. The hunter numbers(not position) are pretty accurate. however, we have many sim people(such as Zeherah) who are actively working on it and fixing bugs, etc. The others, however, are not as fortunate. Throw on the fact that we are at the top in most raids in the Beta, and you can see that the sims are not the best place to look(which is what Ghostcrawler has been saying in the thread). Theory(sims) mean nothing if there is no experience(real in-game testing) to back them up.

Bm and Survival were top of the meters on a lot of the fights. The only exceptions being constant multi-target fights such as Stone guards/garalon. The reason we are so low on simcraft is what Aettis said and also the fact that we lose very little dps from moving. Most of the classes that are simming 10k higher dps than us cannot realistically do that kind of dps in a raid situation. However, hunters pull numbers that are very close to their maximum almost all the time.

See the homepage, plus some nerfs to hunter to build 16010.
    Last edited by cmacedo; 2012-08-21 at 10:39 PM.

They actually NERFED MM, oh wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Dire Beast and Lynx Rush both have no cost, so that shouldn't be a worry. Use DB on CD, and LR on CD. LR has a 30 second longer CD than BW does, so you just want to use it when its avail. Half the time it will match up with BW for extra damage. Barrage seems to be the least picked. Powershot seems liked in PvP, and Glaive Toss for all PvE specs.
    Thanks for the info there Aettis and keeping this thread up. Is DB still of GCD, can it be macroed? I'm still preferring the playstyle of Surv over BM, although BM was fun to begin with in Beta, it seems a tad too many buttons to mash. I don't understand why MM got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Thanks for the info there Aettis and keeping this thread up. Is DB still of GCD, can it be macroed? I'm still preferring the playstyle of Surv over BM, although BM was fun to begin with in Beta, it seems a tad too many buttons to mash. I don't understand why MM got nerfed.
    Its on the GCD :\

Okay I set up profiles for all 3 specs with the BiS PvE gear, gems, and enchants and all buffs and debuffs. This is what I get before the new upcoming nerfs to all 3 specs.

BM with Dire Beast and Lynx Rush---- 101,049
    SV with Fervor and MoC------------------92,106
    MM with Dire Beast and MoC-------------90,167

DB does beat out Fervor for BM with this gear but the opposite goes for SV. So BM by 10%, that won't last.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    They actually NERFED MM, oh wow.
    It might be becuase marks is really good in later tiers with higher weapon damage and better gear. This is just a guess, does seem odd though. It also might be very good when 5.0 hits because we are bis at level 85 dono though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    I might be able to understand the Aimed Shot/Chimera Shot nerfs, as far as raw damage goes. At least on the PTR right now (obviously before this build) Aimed Shot is critting the target dummy for 70-80k, with Chimera critting maybe 38-48k or more.

That being said, I can totally still stack cooldowns as BM and get 90k Blink Strikes, at level 85.

Still, these continued nerfs to signature shots are going to have very negative PvP implications. Even if something hits very hard in PvE, it gets cut down by 60-65% by resilience.
    Problem is, your numbers are not even that high, can reach the same numbers with chim and aimed on live right now. I wonder where are the fire mage nerfs after watching this fun video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8eMR...eature=g-all-u
    Last edited by mmoc280af332c4; 2012-08-22 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    It might be becuase marks is really good in later tiers with higher weapon damage and better gear. This is just a guess, does seem odd though. It also might be very good when 5.0 hits because we are bis at level 85 dono though.
    I kind of doubt that, I just don't think MM needed those nerfs at all, heck I don't think surv did either, but we'll see I guess.

Haven't checked whether it's been fixed in this build, but do we know if the whole thing where your pet forgets its spec when its desummoned/dies is intentional? It's really annoying.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2012-08-22 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Haven't checked whether it's been fixed in this build, but do we know if the whole thing where your pet forgets its spec when its desummoned/dies is intentional? It's really annoying.
    I havent checked this in a long time, but I think its fixed?

So I ran some dummy tests on beta today and my dps was actually higher than it was before the patch. Does anyone know if some ability was fixed or changed that wasn't stated in the notes?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    Yea I'm starting to get a bit worried here. This latest build is prolly gonna put all 3 of our specs at bottom.

Ok ok, must calm down , its only beta........
    This build got the tag (release x86). I get goosebumps to thnk that this will go live at it is now.
    • remove aspect from gcd
    • rework focus fire into something useful/interesting
    • MMM to 100% with the need of higher stack count to get a feeling and chance to alter the rotation
    • nasty lynx rush attack positioning

Also I wish they would have a ranking for shots for all specs like: stampede > kill shot > specc-specific > talent > arcane > steady/cobra > autohit.
    right now it this for mm: stampede > lynx > dire beast > killshot > glaive > chim > aimed > arcane > ranged > steady and I think it is awful

I want to focus into the spec, not use the spec as filler till my talents are ready again, maybe I'm alone with this =(

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely think a little of our damage could be moved away from talents and into Signature shots and especially into Steady Shot for MM. It's incredibly depressing hitting a 15k auto shot and then a 4k Steady Shot. I mean, I hit steadies harder than that at level 70. No joke.

Edit: Key phrase here being "a little bit". I don't want our talents to hit for nothing like they did in early beta. They should all be desirable buttons to hit. However, Steady Shot just needs to be buffed by a lot, regardless of if they move damage from somewhere else. it is not a fun ability to use at all right now.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2012-08-22 at 08:01 AM.

My Explosive Shot on live hits for 7.5k-8.5k on the target dummy, and 16-18k crit.

On the PTR/Beta in the same BiS gear, it hits for 5k'ish and crits for like 11k'ish. It's horrible.

They need to put more damage into signature shots, or pvp will be a nightmare.