Was just on beta, Black arrow is listed with a 16s cooldown, 20s duration, explosive trap 22s cooldown (pvp glove bonus) Game crashed before I could test, will update shortly.

edit: still seem to be sharing a cooldown, but at least able to have 100% uptime on black arrow for pve.
    Last edited by Derian; 2012-04-25 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Was just on beta, Black arrow is listed with a 16s cooldown, 20s duration, explosive trap 22s cooldown (pvp glove bonus) Game crashed before I could test, will update shortly.
    Hmm.. has to be a bug. If its on a 16s cooldown I will be happy!

I would quite happily settle for hunter requiring 1/2 the expertise rating (or somthing along those lines) as other classes since its not as easy to run behind a boss all the time whilst doing proper rotation. That, and increasing our focus regen to either t13 bonus or thereabouts and i'm pretty happy. The rest of my personal grumblings can wait :P

Of course I know they are going to tweak numbers but right in the moment mm looks huge to me.
    Just imagine in arena a hunter in Camouflage casting following shots.

Aimed Shot now deals 160% ranged weapon damage + 17,715.

Powershot now has a 3 sec cast time, up from 1.5 sec. Now deals 400% weapon damage plus 100% weapon damage to all enemies in between you and the target. Up from 100% weapon damage + 25% to all enemies.

And at the end nice Killshot.
    Right now I guess it would be with some crit luck a 2-3 shotkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Crooklyn's point is expertise does not solve dodge in PvP, there are no "caps" in PvP and typically feral/rogue player dodge is far higher than bosses. Melee can mitigate this problem by standing behind the PvP target as players cannot dodge from behind as bosses can. Hunters don't really have the option of getting behind anyone.

I feel like a broken record but if hunter shots being dodged goes live in its current form (and rogues/ferals retain their high dodge), those two classes will tear us apart. Yeah "it's beta", but believe it or not Blizzard has been known to do some things wrong, which is why we need to bring their notice to it now.
    I trust Blizzard though. If rogues/ferals dodge gets out of control for us, I'm sure they will fix it. Blizzard doesn't typically let one/two classes roflstomp another class forever and always. I'm betting either rogue/feral dodge gets nerfed, we gain a ton of dodge, or rogue/feral dodge has a cap in PvP. We'll see though. I'm not worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Can you please test and verify if you can spec your spirit beast to Cunning and have both spirit mend and roar of sacrifice? That would be awesome
    Yup, you can. Any pet can be any spec.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    I am really disappointed that they relinked BA and ExT. Could've just given us BA back without adding LnL to ExT and keeping them separate. Also, they gave Serpent Spread back, but not iSrS. iSrS is the main reason why SV has the most powerful aoe.

I happy they are listening to some feedback though...like fixing Silencing Shot's range. So, there's hope for improving Widow Venom, Stampede, lvl 75 abilities, Glyph of Icy Solace, pet trees, Concussive Shot, etc. I hope more hunters keep posting on beta forums.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 12:50 PM ----------

I really hope they do something about the cast time. 3 sec in PVP is very hard to pull off especially in smaller formats such as arena. Besides, it's 1 min cd and there are more powerful knockbacks on much shorter cds that are easier to pull off.
    I belive the reasoning for keeping ExT and BA linked is for AoE+LnL. Since BA lost its AoE-ness, we will use that for single target, and ExT for AoE.

edit: still seem to be sharing a cooldown, but at least able to have 100% uptime on black arrow for pve.

Wait, 16 seconds? That doesn't sound right. I thought it should be 24(30 baseline, -6 from trap mastery). I shall check right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypo View Post
    I would quite happily settle for hunter requiring 1/2 the expertise rating (or somthing along those lines) as other classes since its not as easy to run behind a boss all the time whilst doing proper rotation. That, and increasing our focus regen to either t13 bonus or thereabouts and i'm pretty happy. The rest of my personal grumblings can wait :P
    We don't have to run behind bosses to avoid being dodged. Thats what expertise is for. The reason melee has to go behind is for parry. We cannot be parried, therefore we don't have to go behind. The going behind thing for dodge only applies to PvP where players have high amounts of dodge that cant be expertise capped.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 08:51 PM ----------

Indeed, I think the BA being an *18* second cooldown is a bug(I think trap mastery is applied twice). Maybe its not though!

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Indeed, I think the BA being an *18* second cooldown is a bug(I think trap mastery is applied twice). Maybe its not though!
    Yeah, I had 16 because of the pvp glove bonus, think I forgot to mention that. Hope the cooldown is intentional.

Yeah, I had 16 because of the pvp glove bonus, think I forgot to mention that. Hope the cooldown is intentional.
    Oh, right. I'd love an 18 second BA, but tbh, I think its bugged. Tooltip says 30 seconds, and only 6 seconds off from Trap Mastery.

Ah well, I'm honestly more worried about the shared cooldown between BA and explosive trap. I was really looking forward to pvp survival again, but the explosive knockback is probably too important to give up.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ah well, I'm honestly more worried about the shared cooldown between BA and explosive trap. I was really looking forward to pvp survival again, but the explosive knockback is probably too important to give up.
    Indeed:

knocking people AWAY from your Explosive trap means you'll get next to none pocs of LnL from that trap.
    Not unless you can force them to move into it again, which they can easily avoid.

I didn't like the 'new' BA design, but when reverting this, they should have considered more than the 'aoe or single target' utility of pve.
    In pvp the linking of BA to fire traps has meant for all this time that Survival, as the so called trap orientated specc, de facto had no use for Explosive trap.

There could be a workaround for this actually:

If Explosive trap put DOT's on targets, instead of the ground, like a multi Black Arrow, than both in pvp and pve the linking would be justified.
    In pvp people would use the trap version for the glyphed knockback, but even than they would have the choice.
    In pve it would merely depend on the number of targets. Not to mention it would help with moving packs of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald View Post
    Indeed:

knocking people AWAY from your Explosive trap means you'll get next to none pocs of LnL from that trap.
    Not unless you can force them to move into it again, which they can easily avoid.

I didn't like the 'new' BA design, but when reverting this, they should have considered more than the 'aoe or single target' utility of pve.
    In pvp the linking of BA to fire traps has meant for all this time that Survival, as the so called trap orientated specc, de facto had no use for Explosive trap.

If Explosive trap put DOT's on targets, instead of the ground, like a multi Black Arrow, than both in pvp and pve the linking would be justified.
    In pvp people would use the trap version for the glyphed knockback, but even than they would have the choice.
    In pve it would merely depend on the number of targets. Not to mention it would help with moving packs of course.

You should put that on the forums. Great idea. Or have it change for SV, turning it into Shadow Trap(places DoTs on the targets) and can trigger LnL. MUST BE DONE!

Edit: Actually, I just posted it. If yall like this idea, please please please root for it. Post is by Ren.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8205?page=4#68

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 11:51 PM ----------

Also, some new tigers, the new dragonturtles, porcupines and cranes are tameable!
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-04-25 at 11:26 PM.

Also, some new tigers, the new dragonturtles, porcupines and cranes are tameable!
    Ok I'm not usually a pet person, but... what do the porcupines do, or is it not in yet?

Ok I'm not usually a pet person, but... what do the porcupines do, or is it not in yet?
    Ditto Cranes. I'm assuming they're not Birds of Prey?

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 08:04 PM ----------

You should put that on the forums. Great idea. Or have it change for SV, turning it into Shadow Trap(places DoTs on the targets) and can trigger LnL. MUST BE DONE!

Edit: Actually, I just posted it. If yall like this idea, please please please root for it. Post is by Ren.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8205?page=4#68
    Remind me when I get back to the States in 2 weeks and I'll throw my support fully behind it (i.e., bring it up every few pages in this thread)
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2012-04-26 at 12:06 AM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Ditto Cranes. I'm assuming they're not Birds of Prey?

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 08:04 PM ----------

Remind me when I get back to the States in 2 weeks and I'll throw my support fully behind it (i.e., bring it up every few pages in this thread)

Right now, the cranes and porcupines are thrown into other pet families(tallstriders and boars respectively), so they use those abilities. I'm hoping/assuming that those will eventually get their own family(much like other pet additions did in previous betas).

And you got it! I'll try and remind everyone.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 12:10 AM ----------

Just for everyone to see:

"Original post by Kimbald.

"knocking people AWAY from your Explosive trap means you'll get next to none pocs of LnL from that trap.

In pve it would merely depend on the number of targets. Not to mention it would help with moving packs of course."

And as an amendment(my idea part), I'd like to recommend that if specced Survival, Explosive Trap transforms/turns into Shadow Trap(or some other shadowy name). More or less the same as Explosive Trap, but applies a DoT to all targets affected by initial explosion/trigger, deals Shadow damage, and could be dispellable(this part is iffy, though it would be unfair if it was not dispellable).

Solves multiple issues.
    1)Black Arrow and Shadow Trap can be justifiably linked, both dealing Shadow damage over time(one for single target, one for AOE).
    2)Explosive Trap glyph(deemed amazing and near mandatory for PvP) will be able to synergize with SV, as opposed to how it is now in beta, causing SV to suffer.
    3)SV(and MM/BM if DoT mechanic applied to Explosive Trap as well) will not suffer from AoE packs moving off of Explosive/Shadow Traps explosion area.
    4)Explosive Trap will not be able to be overridden by other hunters
    5)Shadow Trap keeps the AoE feel/idea from the first beta Black Arrow, while upgrading it/fixing some of its problems(linear AoE as opposed to radial AoE)"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8205?page=4#67

Right now, the cranes and porcupines are thrown into other pet families(tallstriders and boars respectively), so they use those abilities. I'm hoping/assuming that those will eventually get their own family(much like other pet additions did in previous betas).

And you got it! I'll try and remind everyone.
    Thanks, hopefully they will get their own family abilities. I actually went over to wow-petopia to see if they posted the family abilities there, I should've known better

EDIT: Ugh, so Cranes share the debuff with Foxes and Porcupines with Boars ... my two favorite pets. Dammit Blizzard!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I wish they would get rid of the whole black arrow/explosive trap/LnL thing. Surely they can think of something better. SV needs identity. Right now it has none. The supposedly nature and trap spec that uses shadow damage to proc a fire based attack...uh what??

Give me a minor glyph that changes Black Arrow into Immolation Arrow.

Same damage, same ability to proc L&L, same everything except...... the target has a small "on fire" effect, the damage is fire damage, and the name is changed.

Also, a minor glyph that turns arcane shot into something elemental -- frost or lightning would be cool

I like to think of Survival as a master of the wild and nature. Shooting arrows that deal shadow damage and arcane damage don't make much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    Give me a minor glyph that changes Black Arrow into Immolation Arrow.

Same damage, same ability to proc L&L, same everything except...... the target has a small "on fire" effect, the damage is fire damage, and the name is changed.

Also, a minor glyph that turns arcane shot into something elemental -- frost or lightning would be cool

I like to think of Survival as a master of the wild and nature. Shooting arrows that deal shadow damage and arcane damage don't make much sense to me.
    I think Survival is more of a master of the elements. Not so much in the sense that a mage is, but like mastering the elements of nature to survive. Fire, poison, shadows, arcane magic, etc. A Survival hunter uses the tools that nature gives him/her to survive. Buuuut tbh, I think Arcane Shot is the only one that is out of place. Arcane Shot made a bit more sense when we had mana(seeing as its more magic than any other element). Imo, it should turn into something nature based, like...Nature Shot...(Lol I know I know) or something. *shrugs*

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 03:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    I wish they would get rid of the whole black arrow/explosive trap/LnL thing. Surely they can think of something better. SV needs identity. Right now it has none. The supposedly nature and trap spec that uses shadow damage to proc a fire based attack...uh what??
    I'm trying to push the idea that ExT should turn into Shadow Trap that puts DoTs on the targets, rather than being a ground AoE. Solves movement problems, makes it justifiable for BA and the trap to be linked, plus some other problems(see my signature). I think the idea behind triggering LnL is that Explosive Trap/Black Arrow weakens our foe, revealing a weak spot. We quickly see said weak spot, and use several Explosive Shots to destroy foe. I don't think it has to do with shadow damage triggering fire damage.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but it is hunter-related and it could be information I suppose..have you came across any new rares that can be tamed?

Made by Visenna, TY<3

The problem with ExpT applying a DoT on application is that for multiple targets, that sucks if one triggers and the rest of the pack is not yet in range. You'd not be able to pre-trap, and would probably end up trapping later, which would delay LnL procs as well. Plus, how do you treat targets which enter the trap after the initial explosion? Do they get the full duration dot? Obviously that would be silly, but so would if they get no dot. The only viable solution would be to get a DoT based on how much time was left on the trap, and well, that gets buggy quick. What if someone leaves the trap, and re-enters? Do they get a second DoT? Does the weaker DoT just not get applied?

It's a programming nightmare, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    That's a great point. Really, all survival needs is a Holy attack and they're set.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!