1) Macros are broken right now more or less in Beta. There are some workarounds, but yeah. I found that out when I tried to Misdirect a pull to my pet(and btw, Stonecore is ridiculously easy as BM with a Spirit Beast, Beast CLeave, and Spirit Bond. <3)

2) I can clarify that the max run speed part of Arcane Shot glyph is gone.

3) I'm very happy they want to return BA to instant and bring back Serpent, BUT I'd love it if they kept the AoE part of BA, kept the CD and instant cast, and removed the Improved Serpent Sting part of Serpent Spread. Makes for a more fun/involved AoE.

4) I am disappointed with some of the talents, mainly Wyvern Sting and Binding Shot. While Binding Shot does have its uses, it feels like too long of a CD for its application, granted it's possible to stun a crapton of people. Still, Silencing Shot seems like it will always be the clear winner. Lynx Rush too is quite pitiful compared to A Murder of Crows. One application did 180k damage and killed a mob for me, while Lynx Rush did about 18k damage in 4 seconds. I know damage is being balanced still, but srsly. It sucks.

5) I'm hoping we get more fun glyphs, and I'm sure we will. The fun part about the Aspect glyph is creating a pile of dead critter bodies around you. /endbeingmorbid

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    The latest discussion about concussive shot wasn't about the merging into arcane shot, it was more about the removal of the max. speed limiting effect on the current beta build. (I haven't checked this with my own beta hunter yet... just relying on information posted here)
    *Sigh* ...Mael vorn asked, I answered. -__-'. Anyways yeah, Stampede definitely has to change. The pets need to be alot longer and on a 3 minute cooldown, like all the others classes.
    Exotics are special to Beast Masters! And retards will forever be retards!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope someone will make an addon that keeps the name of Feign Death. I don't want to use an ability called Play Dead. I am not a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by 4liv3 View Post
    I hope someone will make an addon that keeps the name of Feign Death. I don't want to use an ability called Play Dead. I am not a dog.
    We still will have Feign Death
    Feral druids gain Play Dead when they Symbiosis us, while we get Dash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    We still will have Feign Death
    Feral druids gain Play Dead when they Symbiosis us, while we get Dash.
    Just read it again. My bad ^^ Makes more sense that an animal plays dead. Now I'm all happy again

Started a new panda hunter. Arcane shot applies the old glyphed concussive debuff (limits max speed), interestingly. I was only level 5, so it's not coming from any talents or glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Started a new panda hunter. Arcane shot applies the old glyphed concussive debuff (limits max speed), interestingly. I was only level 5, so it's not coming from any talents or glyphs.
    Why do I get a mental picture of a developer at a control center saying "let's REALLY give the hunters something to think about!"?

Seriously though, I doubt the speed limitation will go baseline, but I don't see any way they can take away a baseline snare from the hunter class. There will be a lot of people new to the game who will just get dicouraged and quit if they can't snare their targets while questing. A lot of then won't be able to figure out they are supposed to get some glyph of arcane shot at level 20 or whatever level it is you get the first glyph these days.

So I expect we'll get a baseline snare, am less optimistic we'll keep the run speed limitation though- they can get away with taking that away from us.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-04-15 at 03:32 AM.

Checked on my Hunter and on WoW Head's database for the different cooldowns, Aettis. They are affected by Longevity. Rabid (31 seconds live, 45 seconds default), Dash (22 seconds live, 32 seconds default) and Cower (31 seconds live, 45 seconds default).
    Exotics are special to Beast Masters! And retards will forever be retards!

Deleted
    This is very interesting indeed. So if I got this right:
    - baseline arcane shot limits maximum run speed to 100%
    - glyphed arcane shot snares the target

Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    This is very interesting indeed. So if I got this right:
    - baseline arcane shot limits maximum run speed to 100%
    - glyphed arcane shot snares the target

Is this correct?
    IF correct and goes live, the rogue QQ would be glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by Maelvorn View Post
    IF correct and goes live, the rogue QQ would be glorious!
    It really wouldn't change anything from the most recent beta patch since everyone regarded- and would still regard - the arcane shot glyph as mandatory for pvp. The bottom line would still be the same- you get the glyph and you get the same slow you get on live with the glyph of concussive shot. The main difference would be for levelers- they would get a baseline snare again.

I really think they have it backwards though- the slow should be baseline and the speed reduction should be in the glyph, just like on live. Because most MOBs don't run faster than 100% anyway, and some backpeddling lowbie hunter just starting on wow needs that 50% speed reduction to kill MOBs. Especially since they are nerfing arcane shot's power at lower levels to make low-level pvp more balanced. Arcane shot isn't going to one shot stuff as much, so it needs some added baseline benefit like a slow.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-04-15 at 03:13 PM.

It snares and limits the run speed. The arcane shot tooltip doesn't say anything about it but it applies a debuff called arcane shot which says "movement speed slowed by 50% and maximum run speed limited."

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 09:56 AM ----------

Glyph of Aspect is even sillier than I originally imagined. Every time you switch Aspects, the companion representing your prior aspect dies. If you change back and forth rapidly, you have a pile of dead animals at your feet!

Quote Originally Posted by PWOKristy View Post
    *Sigh* Oi, of course Stampede will not call out Exotic pets for non-Beast Masters. It can't, they belong to Beast Masters. .
    Its likely an error from it being early in beta. Right now its likely(I dont know for sure :P) easier for them to program Stampede to just summon all 5 pets, as opposed to summoning 4 "guardian" mobs that copy the look of your 4 other pets on you.
    Since it is early, the fact MM and SV cant call out exotic pets during stampede is probably just an over-site that will get fixed eventually. With duel spec they should be aware people will have exotic pets on them if they have a BM spec.

Deleted
    It snares and limits the run speed. The arcane shot tooltip doesn't say anything about it but it applies a debuff called arcane shot which says "movement speed slowed by 50% and maximum run speed limited."
    Please elaborate a bit, what is baseline and what is with the glyph?

Baseline Arcane Shot is the same as live. The glyph adds on the current Concussive Shot daze AND the Glyph of Concussive Shot movement speed limitation.

The wowhead tooltip data is a bit confusing though.
    Last edited by Dald; 2012-04-15 at 07:05 PM.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Baseline is snare and max speed limited. The quote is the exact wording of the debuff applied when ever you land an arcane shot. I have no glyphs on my level 5 panda and it applies the debuff and you can clearly see the mobs speed being slowed, so it is functioning and not just a tooltip error on the debuff.
    Last edited by Brocksley; 2012-04-15 at 07:09 PM.

So did they just bake the glyph into Arcane Shot?
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    So did they just bake the glyph into Arcane Shot?
    It seems this way. I want to know what blizz is thinking. It seems kind of OP
    To have permanent snare and speed limit up because of how often we use AS.

It seems this way. I want to know what blizz is thinking. It seems kind of OP
    To have permanent snare and speed limit up because of how often we use AS.
    Multiple other classes already have permanent snares. This will hurt those that don't. The permanent speed-limit is something special, but idk if they'll do anything about it.

maybe they'll increase the Arcane Shot focus..