Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Baseline is snare and max speed limited. The quote is the exact wording of the debuff applied when ever you land an arcane shot. I have no glyphs on my level 5 panda and it applies the debuff and you can clearly see the mobs speed being slowed, so it is functioning and not just a tooltip error on the debuff.
    Someone needs to go on beta, roll a panda hunter, and check this. then roll another new hunter (different race) and see if it's just a bug with pandas. I find this really odd since all the level 87 testers have not noticed this change.

It looks to me like they are just testing out various options, such as seeing what lowbie hunters need. I don't think the movement speed limitation and snare baked into arcane shot would necessarily be OP when you consider that so many other classes are getting ranged snares in MoP.

As it stands, the arcane shot glyph would be mandatory for pvp, and they are trying to get away from mandatory glyphs. Making it baseline would therefore just be the same end result as with the glyph, but we'd have an additional glyph spot to work with. Meaning that I, for example, would be able to have camo stealth which I otherwise wouldn't have a glyph spot for. Not really OP as much as a fun new reason to be excited about the expansion and want to buy it. This is a business after all- they are trying to appeal to customers.

Are ALL hunters not able to use Exotic pets? I could have sworn that all hunters were going to be able to use them

It seems this way. I want to know what blizz is thinking. It seems kind of OP
    To have permanent snare and speed limit up because of how often we use AS.
    It's quite the opposite for many of us that use Concussive (glyphed) in PVP. Now, you're forced to use 25 focus to snare someone and they haven't addressed our focus regen in PVP one bit yet.

Also, in some settings you want another major glyph over speed limitation, but that's not an option anymore. If you don't take this glyph, you don't have any targetted baseline snare at all. Now, you're forced to give up one glyph slot if you want to PVP. There's simply no choice, which is what they want to accomplish with the new glyph system.

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 04:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by malevolant View Post
    Are ALL hunters not able to use Exotic pets? I could have sworn that all hunters were going to be able to use them
    Currently, it's the same as live. Only BM can tame/use them.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    It's quite the opposite for many of us that use Concussive (glyphed) in PVP. Now, you're forced to use 25 focus to snare someone and they haven't addressed our focus regen in PVP one bit yet.

Also, in some settings you want another major glyph over speed limitation, but that's not an option anymore. If you don't take this glyph, you don't have any targetted baseline snare at all. Now, you're forced to give up one glyph slot if you want to PVP. There's simply no choice, which is what they want to accomplish with the new glyph system.
    To be fair, they have actually addressed our focus regen in PvP. It will be significantly harder to interrupt CoS/StS in MoP with the removal of our minimum range.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanis View Post
    To be fair, they have actually addressed our focus regen in PvP. It will be significantly harder to interrupt CoS/StS in MoP with the removal of our minimum range.
    LoS will continue to be the biggest issue for hunters compared to other classes since majority of our regen is still tied to a casted shot. Also, they removed efficiency without adjusting focus costs. Hopefully they'll fix that. BTW, with inflated resil and hunters having a ton of self-heals, PVP is hard to test right now, but if you duel competent melee, you'll notice that removal min range is not that much of an improvement. All melee are getting new tools to counter ranged with stuns/snares/gap closers. Any decent melee will go through you to interrupt your casts. Removal of min range is a bigger help against casters who will no longer be able to root you and blast your face away.

Just tried on Beta to get my SV hunter to pull out an exotic pet and was unable too. Looks like a no =/

Deleted
    I just checked what the glyph does with my lvl 87 hunter. The debuff description on the target is always the same, doesn't matter if Arcane Shot is glyphed or not, however a non glyphed Arcane Shot does not snare (not sure about the max. speed thing). I tested this on some pandaria mobs.

Thanks for testing that, Joe, although I'm afraid it's still unclear what is intended. The fact that the debuff description says the target is slowed and max speed limited even when that's (by your obsevations) clearly not the case makes me concerned that the the glyph description is correct and that the debuff description is simply in error. In other words, that we really are getting nerfed.

*Sigh* No more so than if all specs could use the spec-specific Shots....
    Exotics are special to Beast Masters! And retards will forever be retards!

Thanks for the pic, joe

Exotic or not, they really need to give mm/sv a pet with a stun longer than 2 seconds. Piercing shots is so annoying to me when I switch from bm to mm, and it would be less aggravating if I had a decent 3 second pet stun to cc my target when it procs. But the 2 second bat stun on 1 min cd is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    LoS will continue to be the biggest issue for hunters compared to other classes since majority of our regen is still tied to a casted shot. Also, they removed efficiency without adjusting focus costs. Hopefully they'll fix that. BTW, with inflated resil and hunters having a ton of self-heals, PVP is hard to test right now, but if you duel competent melee, you'll notice that removal min range is not that much of an improvement. All melee are getting new tools to counter ranged with stuns/snares/gap closers. Any decent melee will go through you to interrupt your casts. Removal of min range is a bigger help against casters who will no longer be able to root you and blast your face away.
    I realize that I accidentally a word in my original post. It should have read "To be fair, they have actually partially addressed...." instead of how it does. You are correct, there are many other issues. However, the removal of min range means that people actually have to use abilities/LoS to interrupt us instead of just sitting on us. In the case of the former, they then cannot use that on our healers. In the case of the latter, they can't deal any additional damage while out of LoS (except DoTs). In both cases, there is a cost, which is better than a free way to shut us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    Exotic or not, they really need to give mm/sv a pet with a stun longer than 2 seconds. Piercing shots is so annoying to me when I switch from bm to mm, and it would be less aggravating if I had a decent 3 second pet stun to cc my target when it procs. But the 2 second bat stun on 1 min cd is a joke.
    Wasp is 2 second on 45 sec CD.

Glyph of Aspect is even sillier than I originally imagined. Every time you switch Aspects, the companion representing your prior aspect dies. If you change back and forth rapidly, you have a pile of dead animals at your feet!
    So true. At first I thought it would be my glyph of choice for solo/pve spec..
    But the idea of those cute little cats/foxes dying every time is just cruel :-(
    I hope they change it so that the lil aspects just disappear when you do aspect dancing
    Last edited by avilia; 2012-04-16 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM hunters, so far, are definitely benefiting the most from beta changes IMO. The Kill Command Change, reduced cooldown on BW/BWithin, Beast Cleave (which is awesome btw), and availability of talents like Readiness and Wyvern Sting really gave it a shot in the arm. Power Shot looks nice, and Stampede has already been confirmed by GC as far and away more powerful for BM than other specs.

I don't like Surv at all on beta (though, they are reverting Black Arrow and Serpent Spread to their current versions) and Marks has always felt slow and boring to me.

Regardless, BM looks to be a legit contender again.

No max speed limit with arcane shot?? Am I getting this right?! Are we the ONLY class getting nerfed?!
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    No max speed limit with arcane shot?? Am I getting this right?! Are we the ONLY class getting nerfed?!

Relax, it's beta. Blizzard doesn't have some hidden agenda to make hunters miserable. Plenty of other classes are losing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I don't like Surv at all on beta (though, they are reverting Black Arrow and Serpent Spread to their current versions) and Marks has always felt slow and boring to me.

Regardless, BM looks to be a legit contender again.
    I agree, though getting a 10% heal every time I Chimera Shot is very tempting. I think that and the "coolness" factor that MM seems to have in many hunters' eyes will keep MM on top.

A simple "Yes" would've been enough but since you have to go with the "its just beta" thing I'm gonna remind you of the last its just beta thing when we were getting stupid focus. I was raging at focus while everyone was so happy we didn't use mana anymore. A whole expansion later and we're still focus starved being forced into using 2 piece PvE set. Beta is the time to complain and make changes (since Blizz wants us all happy so we'll buy MoP). No max speed reduction is HUGE!
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy