Quote Originally Posted by bil View Post
    A little worried about the parts bolded above. First it sounds like they are considering removing readiness entirely which would suck... Second, if it does come back I'm betting it will be more like preparation for rogues and only affect certain cooldowns, the question is which cooldowns will be affected?
    I have a feeling the new baseline Readiness will not reset the Bestial Wrath cooldown. Hope I'm proven wrong but I'm going to go ahead and expect that change so I won't be surprised later on.

A little worried about the parts bolded above. First it sounds like they are considering removing readiness entirely which would suck... Second, if it does come back I'm betting it will be more like preparation for rogues and only affect certain cooldowns, the question is which cooldowns will be affected?
    Well its not like we have a whole lot of cooldowns. Outside of the talents, we have Bestial Wrath, Rapid Fire, and Deterrence. Rapid Fire and Deterrence would be obvious inclusions imo since they are in each spec. I'd doubt BW would be included since its a direct damage boost for BM. Then again, Rapid Fire benefits MM way more than the other specs, so ya never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Finally decided to get in gear and levelled my hunter to lvl 90 on the beta - ghostcrawler did mention something about bringing the cooldown of stampede down and the damage along with it, right? Because right now, even though some warlock kept adamantly telling me that the CD of the LONG things like doomguard, fire elemental, etc, reset after you wiped on a boss or killed one etc, it ceartainly is not doing that to my stampede... Which means that we're screwed on every other pull of a raid boss still :s.
    So far, MM has seemed to give me the best results - running around in my full DS gear with 3.5% expertise/hit (need to see if I can get some more ;_, I was pushing about 40K dps with the items scaled up to Ilvl 440 due to the random dungeon testing buff (by the way, does anyone know if that's in effect in the beta raids too? Might just have to get the 5 set from Anh'qiraj, 1 minute CD on rapid fire and stats scaled to 440 Ilvl =P).

That wouldn't make it anything, considering the reason it's called a "Murder of crows" is because a group of crows actually IS called a murder . Then it'd just be "crow".
    Yep the ilvl scaling buff is in the raids also, but what's really worrying me is the amount of hunters running around with 2 set tier 13, and since it's scaled up they're getting the 2set bonus, if blizzard isn't careful the class balance around this 2set could be really really bad. I know they said they want people to level up instead of making premade raid characters, but why couldn't they just have a vendor just like the PvP one where you can get all the gear once you're 90. I'm not sure what this ilvl scaling i supposed to achieve other than people using items and set bonuses which are really overpowered and I'm very worried blizzard may end up overlooking when they do the balancing.

To anyone using the 2set tier13 or any other really overpowered item, please just don't use it. Be realistic in what you will have when the game is live or you may end up seeing a repeat of tier13 start. Getting benched for everything.
    Last edited by Mosphet; 2012-07-13 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darcubus View Post
    Yar, I know.... was just trying to crack a funny... you know, if it was just one crow, it's not a group of crows anymore, therefore... maybe just attempted... but yeah, it's cool
    I thought it was funny.

A little worried about the parts bolded above. First it sounds like they are considering removing readiness entirely which would suck...
    I really hope that's not the case. It's so nice to have an alternative 'oh shit' button as a hunter. I can't count how many times that back to back Chimera Shot has saved my life with that 5% heal or that double Deterrence.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    I have a feeling the new baseline Readiness will not reset the Bestial Wrath cooldown. Hope I'm proven wrong but I'm going to go ahead and expect that change so I won't be surprised later on.
    Yeah, me too, and I won't be able to cry too much if that's the case. If I can get Fervor and still reset my deterrence then that will give me a dps boost and survivability boost when I need it and that will be ok with me. And BW only has a 1 min cd to begin with.

I'm currently scared that readiness will not reset silencing and scatter/traps. I'd gladly even give up resetting rapid fire to keep all the utility it resets. I'm just crossing my fingers real hard here.

Well if they nerf readiness in some form they'll have to make Master's Call like a 30s cooldown and that will pretty much force us into Post Haste (if that's the name) from a PvP PoV anyway. I don't think Readiness will reset BW since it has proven in the past to be way too powerful or they will nerf BW. I don't care either way, I hate BM.

Making Silencing Shot baseline would be crazy OP I think. Gives us even more instant CC since most PvP hunters would pick up Wyvern.

I would definitely love access to Entrapment again.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    Well if they nerf readiness in some form they'll have to make Master's Call like a 30s cooldown and that will pretty much force us into Post Haste (if that's the name) from a PvP PoV anyway. I don't think Readiness will reset BW since it has proven in the past to be way too powerful or they will nerf BW. I don't care either way, I hate BM.

Making Silencing Shot baseline would be crazy OP I think. Gives us even more instant CC since most PvP hunters would pick up Wyvern.

I would definitely love access to Entrapment again.
    I agree, having silencing shot would probably make us OP, because we'd have 2 CC's which I don't believe share DR. I don't know what they were thinking with Entrapment honestly, but I think they need to make that baseline as well.

Well, the servers are down for the update, let's see what goodies they have in store for us...
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Well its not like we have a whole lot of cooldowns. Outside of the talents, we have Bestial Wrath, Rapid Fire, and Deterrence. Rapid Fire and Deterrence would be obvious inclusions imo since they are in each spec. I'd doubt BW would be included since its a direct damage boost for BM. Then again, Rapid Fire benefits MM way more than the other specs, so ya never know.
    Actually, we have a ton, especially in MoP. TBW, RF, and signature shots for offense. Deterrence, Disengage, traps, Scatter, Silencing, Exhilaration, Intimidation, Master's Call, tier 75 and tier 90 talents for defense/utility. I can live without offensive CDs, but everything else is very essential against different classes.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Actually, we have a ton, especially in MoP. TBW, RF, and signature shots for offense. Deterrence, Disengage, traps, Scatter, Silencing, Exhilaration, Intimidation, Master's Call, tier 75 and tier 90 talents for defense/utility. I can live without offensive CDs, but everything else is very essential against different classes.
    This exactly. I'm scared nutless they'll remove all the utility from Readiness and leave us with some silly dps spells that reset.

Readiness at the very least needs to restore offensive shots, traps, deterrence, disengage, master's call and rapid fire, in addition to level 90 talents and things like Silencing Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Like I said, outside of talents. I did forget about Master's Call and Intimidation, and purposefully left out traps, attacks, and disengage. *shrugs* In my book, I don't consider things under a minute a real cooldown. I assumed those things that aren't true cooldowns would be already part of Readiness.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 08:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Readiness at the very least needs to restore offensive shots, traps, deterrence, disengage, master's call and rapid fire, in addition to level 90 talents and things like Silencing Shot.
    This is what I'm assuming. If I had to guess, it will restore everything that isn't spec specific(excluding signature shots, of course). Not sure if I think talents would be included, but maybe.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 10:40 PM ----------

Whoa, some nice changes!
    -Stampede damage buffed, duration increased, instant cast, and cooldown decreased.
    -Readiness baseline, but cooldown bumped to 5 minutes
    -Binding Shot cooldown reduced to 45 seconds
    -Wyvern Sting damage removed
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-07-13 at 10:41 PM.

I dont understand why they would do this. Maybe because they dont want you to reset some BM abilities like BW? Just change it to not work with BW it would still be useful for back to back RF and resetting deterrence and FD or trap cds. Of course they did gut the frost mage ability that was similar - only resets defensive frost cds, which makes it worthless for dps. If they put it in as a core ability hopefully it will just be put back into MM like it is now.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    -Readiness baseline, but cooldown bumped to 5 minutes
    Thats kind of annoying. Now Ill have to wait and addition 2 min to 30sec RF or just do it anyway and RF the 2nd time at 5 min. Why does BM have to ruin everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I dont understand why they would do this. Maybe because they dont want you to reset some BM abilities like BW? Just change it to not work with BW it would still be useful for back to back RF and resetting deterrence and FD or trap cds. Of course they did gut the frost mage ability that was similar - only resets defensive frost cds, which makes it worthless for dps. If they put it in as a core ability hopefully it will just be put back into MM like it is now.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 10:44 PM ----------

Thats kind of annoying. Now Ill have to wait and addition 2 min to 30sec RF or just do it anyway and RF the 2nd time at 5 min. Why does BM have to ruin everything?
    I think it being baseline had to do with the cooldown being increased. Tbh, I'm 100% totally fine with the 5 minute cooldown. Now I can get Fervor AND Readiness.

Deleted
    It's awesome that stampede dropped to 5m CD and it will now match RF.

mhmm, some nice changes in this build, but I was surprised that there weren't any buffs to more of our 'core' abilities as GC did mention it. I was hoping to see Arcane Shot as well as Powershot/Glaive Toss fixed up a bit.

It could also be a little bit too early to tell as well since those notes haven't included everything just yet.

Ghostcrawler said that they will refine hunter numbers later

Stampede won't work with Readiness, it specifically says it works on abilities with a cooldown of: "less than 5 minutes"
    not 5 minutes or less