Deleted
    Deleted my post until I've seen the new episode
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2012-06-09 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beginning to think that Amon is actually a spirit.

He seems too inhuman to be anything else

I got goosebumps when Aang and Toph first started talking.

"Toph i'm 40 years old, you think you could stop with the names" =)

Aang seems to have invented the super air scooter

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Beginning to think that Amon is actually a spirit.

He seems too inhuman to be anything else

I got goosebumps when Aang and Toph first started talking.

"Toph i'm 40 years old, you think you could stop with the names" =)

Aang seems to have invented the super air scooter
    But he looks sad, tired...
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenfield View Post
    Spirits are capable of emotion

Plus he's in the physical world so he's weaker than he would be in the spirit world just like the ocean and moon spirits were

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purseuswow View Post
    I always thought of the bending extensions (Lightning for fire, Metal for earth, and bloodbending for water) to be extensions for only that bending. I forget whether Aang ever actually created lightning. I know he redirected Ozai's but I forget if he created any. Though it could mean that she might learn bloodbending, which may be too dark of a path but it's possible since Katara is still alive. Also she hasn't really learned Airbending yet, unless of course she learns it in the 1 episode before the finale.

I also don't believe that Amon will be revealed or defeated this season. They will most likely have him run off after being beaten senseless by an Avatar State Korra. And they still haven't shown Zuko in the series just yet.
    Skeleton in the closet episode mate zuko's voice actor was in it, so I think he is aswell, also I think it was confirmed, not 100% sure.
    I have no source for that

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by purseuswow View Post
    What if Yakone is Amon? farfetched I know, but maybe after his bending was taken away, he hunted down and found out how Aang energybended. And decided to take away the bending from all other benders as well. It could also explain why he was able to resist Tarrlok's Bloodbending.
    I doubt it, Amon = Very very pale
    Yakone = very dark skinned

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 11:05 PM ----------

He has a serious face, yes indeed, but its not really sad, looking at how Aangs face looked when he was 12, I think it was good.
    Guess Tenzin has his serious face from his father ^^

Spirits are capable of emotion

Plus he's in the physical world so he's weaker than he would be in the spirit world just like the ocean and moon spirits were
    He was talking about 40 yr old Aang. Sounding Sad and Tired, at this point the 100 yr sleep in the avatar state could have really messed him up and he would already be feeling it, thats why he might already be kinda "sad and tired"
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    He was talking about 40 yr old Aang. Sounding Sad and Tired, at this point the 100 yr sleep in the avatar state could have really messed him up and he would already be feeling it, thats why he might already be kinda "sad and tired"
    Right i'm confused about what his original point was now

Deleted
    All I ment to say is that Aang always had quite a serious face, that grew into the face you saw now.
    He just has a serious face, I would not call it sad or w/e thats what I tried to say :P

Just not as interested in the series since Aang is dead. Guess this will give M night shamalamy an excuse to make another bad movie
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Just not as interested in the series since Aang is dead. Guess this will give M night shamalamy an excuse to make another bad movie
    What???? I don't even.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I dint even watch it, the reviews we're so bad I did not want to waste money on it.
    Really sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    AbalDarkwind, I am sorry, but your theory about Aman's identity would be the most stupid thing I have heard regarding speculation about the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    I dint even watch it, the reviews we're so bad I did not want to waste money on it.
    Really sucks
    I read the words "The evil prince zuko" from a description and opted not to watch it there and then

Deleted
    I read the words "The evil prince zuko" from a description and opted not to watch it there and then
    Yeah, I saw some small trailers... hey zuko! nice, oh wait , SCAR IS ON THE WRONG EYE AND BARELY VISIBLE.
    Also.. Ihro wasnt fat and strong he looked like a douche.

Amon is definitely not a de-Avatar'd Aang. This is a kids show on Nickelodeon, they're not going to make the previous hero a villain. The writing isn't that complex.

Yeah, I saw some small trailers... hey zuko! nice, oh wait , SCAR IS ON THE WRONG EYE AND BARELY VISIBLE.
    lets get one thing straight here... that "thing" didn't happen. End of Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    lets get one thing straight here... that "thing" didn't happen. End of Line.
    I wish there was a like button right now

Am I the only one who found the latest episode a bit lacking? The scenes felt rushed, some of the backgrounds were obviously unfinished (like the shots of the city after the group hopped off the sky bizon), some of the voice acting felt like they could have been a lot better with another take (especially in the flashbacks), the dialogue felt really wooden and the music choices seemed a bit off. The story advancement was nice and logical, but the production felt like a severe downgrade.

The movie is absolutely hilariously terrible, up to the point where you have to wonder whether it was intentional. I'm planning on doing a full review some day, but these are the cliff notes.

First of all, the actors. When hiring an actor, you have three priorities:
    1) The actor needs to resemble the character.
    2) The actor needs to be able to actually act.
    3) The actor needs name value to attract viewers.
    I'm perfectly willing to sacrifice priority number 1 for priority number 2, as long as you get someone who can actually act. But I have no idea what the priorities were for this hiring process. None of the leads can act worth a damn, they do not resemble their characters at all, and there isn't any particular name value. Patrick Stewart would have been a better choice for the role of Katara, that's how bad the actress was.

You've probably heard about the whole race issue. I personally don't really care for race. Aang being portrayed by a white kid is fine by me. But when you cast Inuit for all people of the southern water tribe, but hire white kids to play the main characters from that tribe, its something people do notice. The person who suffered most from the race change is probably Zuko, as they picked an actor with a skin tone against which the scar would show the least. Again, on what grounds was that guy hired?

Then comes the actual plot of the movie. Of all the episodes they could have picked to go into the movie, why in the world would you choose imprisoned? Wouldn't you want to choose an episode that allows you to actually build an overarching story arc? Also, the movie was way too short for the plot. If every single person on the planet is telling you its going to be impossible to fit an entire season into a movie, why would you make a movie with a running time of only 103 minutes? I know some scenes were cut out, but those apparently only bogged down the plot even further.

The many, many changes to the story were also ridiculous. Bending has changed from an agile form of martial arts into a dancing style to power up your chi level. Fire bending now requires a source of flame, which creates an astounding amount of plot holes in the movie.

And then comes the weirdest part. The directing in this movie was terrible. The camera angles were often bad (especially the panning shot during the 'imprisoned' part of the movie.) and the lighting was pretty bad at several points as well. Shyamalan is an experienced director. He should not be making mistakes as basic as this.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wondered why earthbenders can't fly or float off the ground. Since they can freely levitate huge chunks of earth without needing direct contact, what's stopping them from keeping the rock still and levitating themselves in relation to the rock?

One argument I could see coming is that to earthbend they need their feet touching the earth (i.e. grounded) - but does that mean that if you place an earthbender on a plank of wood on the ground, they won't be able to bend earth around them? Also if you look at King Bumi...he could earthbend with his face while having no contact with the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    The movie is absolutely hilariously terrible, up to the point where you have to wonder whether it was intentional. I'm planning on doing a full review some day, but these are the cliff notes.

First of all, the actors. When hiring an actor, you have three priorities:
    1) The actor needs to resemble the character.
    2) The actor needs to be able to actually act.
    3) The actor needs name value to attract viewers.
    I'm perfectly willing to sacrifice priority number 1 for priority number 2, as long as you get someone who can actually act. But I have no idea what the priorities were for this hiring process. None of the leads can act worth a damn, they do not resemble their characters at all, and there isn't any particular name value. Patrick Stewart would have been a better choice for the role of Katara, that's how bad the actress was.

You've probably heard about the whole race issue. I personally don't really care for race. Aang being portrayed by a white kid is fine by me. But when you cast Inuit for all people of the southern water tribe, but hire white kids to play the main characters from that tribe, its something people do notice. The person who suffered most from the race change is probably Zuko, as they picked an actor with a skin tone against which the scar would show the least. Again, on what grounds was that guy hired?

Then comes the actual plot of the movie. Of all the episodes they could have picked to go into the movie, why in the world would you choose imprisoned? Wouldn't you want to choose an episode that allows you to actually build an overarching story arc? Also, the movie was way too short for the plot. If every single person on the planet is telling you its going to be impossible to fit an entire season into a movie, why would you make a movie with a running time of only 103 minutes? I know some scenes were cut out, but those apparently only bogged down the plot even further.

The many, many changes to the story were also ridiculous. Bending has changed from an agile form of martial arts into a dancing style to power up your chi level. Fire bending now requires a source of flame, which creates an astounding amount of plot holes in the movie.

And then comes the weirdest part. The directing in this movie was terrible. The camera angles were often bad (especially the panning shot during the 'imprisoned' part of the movie.) and the lighting was pretty bad at several points as well. Shyamalan is an experienced director. He should not be making mistakes as basic as this.
    What are you talking about? I don't think any such movie exists. I hear my friends talking about this movie too, but when I look it up all I can find is a parody with vague links to A:TLA due to similar names. I don't see how else it's relevant or related :/ it's like that movie called Dragonball something which had vague links to DBZ only via naming.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-09 at 10:55 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I've always wondered why earthbenders can't fly or float off the ground. Since they can freely levitate huge chunks of earth without needing direct contact, what's stopping them from keeping the rock still and levitating themselves in relation to the rock?

One argument I could see coming is that to earthbend they need their feet touching the earth (i.e. grounded) - but does that mean that if you place an earthbender on a plank of wood on the ground, they won't be able to bend earth around them? Also if you look at King Bumi...he could earthbend with his face while having no contact with the ground.
    I dont know, but do realize Bumi was one of the strongest earthbenders on the world, except for Toph proberbly.