Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Not as long as it's remains a Nickelodeon thing :S
    Well, maybe not murderous, but the concept of an evil/sel-serving Avatar doesn't seem like a bad one. Not very original, but not that bad. When you consider the fact that the Avatar is meant to be the balance to set things right between the nations and the spirit world, what would happen when an Avatar destroys that balance themself?

It could easily be explained that the Avatars are inheriently good, but meh. Seeing as how there have apprently been hundreds of Avatars, one would think that at least one of them was atleast a little bit jerkish. Maybe it's even a part of the plot of the second season, maybe the spirit of an evil Avatar is causing trouble.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I would consider the avatar spirit "Lawful Neutral" or "Lawful Good" at best (if I'm allowed to get a bit nerdy). It does whatever is required to maintain balance, but not in such a way that it would swiftly eliminate all threats to balance...at least, not from what we've seen so far.

I'd love to see what would happen if the avatar spirit inevitably chose someone who had zero tolerance for injustice and brought down the hammer in an "eye for an eye" manner, no remorse or emotion...just cold, swift justice.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Hmm I would consider the avatar spirit "Lawful Neutral" or "Lawful Good" at best (if I'm allowed to get a bit nerdy). It does whatever is required to maintain balance, but not in such a way that it would swiftly eliminate all threats to balance...at least, not from what we've seen so far.

I'd love to see what would happen if the avatar spirit inevitably chose someone who had zero tolerance for injustice and brought down the hammer in an "eye for an eye" manner, no remorse or emotion...just cold, swift justice.
    They didn't seem all that remorseful when they were about to impale Ozai with their rod of quad-bending...

Even Kyoshi was rather cold about killing someone when you needed to. Though, it really wasn't "swift" justice as she only stopped Chin when he was threatening her own home. Even then, her intentions were to simply push her home away and allow him to control the rest of the Earth Kingdom unapposed.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Deleted
    I seriously hope that Bolin gets something good thrown at him, poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    They didn't seem all that remorseful when they were about to impale Ozai with their rod of quad-bending...

Even Kyoshi was rather cold about killing someone when you needed to. Though, it really wasn't "swift" justice as she only stopped Chin when he was threatening her own home. Even then, her intentions were to simply push her home away and allow him to control the rest of the Earth Kingdom unapposed.
    I was actually gonna say Kiyoshi seemed pretty serious/borderline mean for an avatar.

And nah, those guys in the avatar state were being nice. They explained "Ozai the fire nation are mean. We're gonna kill you, mkay?" before they actually made their attack. If they were mean they would have just killed him. I mean, they probably could have done a super attack and just killed him right when they got out of the boulder when the avatar state activated. (It was probably more like they were like "omg finally I thought we were dead. Let's fuck around with this guy and practice our bending guys, it's been so long.")

Hey guys. If Aang lost the Avatar State and shit when Azula killed him and didn't get it back until Ozai pushed Aang into that rock, how was Aang able to talk to all the past avatars on the lion turtle? Wouldn't they be dead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I was actually gonna say Kiyoshi seemed pretty serious/borderline mean for an avatar.

And nah, those guys in the avatar state were being nice. They explained "Ozai the fire nation are mean. We're gonna kill you, mkay?" before they actually made their attack. If they were mean they would have just killed him. I mean, they probably could have done a super attack and just killed him right when they got out of the boulder when the avatar state activated. (It was probably more like they were like "omg finally I thought we were dead. Let's fuck around with this guy and practice our bending guys, it's been so long.")

Hey guys. If Aang lost the Avatar State and shit when Azula killed him and didn't get it back until Ozai pushed Aang into that rock, how was Aang able to talk to all the past avatars on the lion turtle? Wouldn't they be dead?
    because all that happened was that his chakra was blocked by the lightning strike, and was cleared by him slamming into the rock, so the avatar spirit did not die

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to go into the avatar state and being able to talk to spirits aren't the same. He could be all spiritual and stuff even though he couldn't access the avatar state. The avatar state was lost to him because his chakra was blocked, not because Azula killed him.

As for the whole "if you die in the avatar state the avatar is gone forever" bit, that was somewhat unclear. While yes Aang died, he was quickly revived so maybe it didn't count or something? They never really explained that.

I was pretty sure it was symbolic of the "avatar cycle" dying.

Yeah I know that he can still talk to spirits, but those avatars only get spirit forms BECAUSE they're the avatar. Normal people don't get to becoming spirits. So if the "avatar" is dead then their spirits should have ceased too. At least, that's my logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    because all that happened was that his chakra was blocked by the lightning strike, and was cleared by him slamming into the rock, so the avatar spirit did not die
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Being able to go into the avatar state and being able to talk to spirits aren't the same. He could be all spiritual and stuff even though he couldn't access the avatar state. The avatar state was lost to him because his chakra was blocked, not because Azula killed him.

As for the whole "if you die in the avatar state the avatar is gone forever" bit, that was somewhat unclear. While yes Aang died, he was quickly revived so maybe it didn't count or something? They never really explained that.
    I was pretty sure it was symbolic of the "avatar cycle" dying.

Yeah I know that he can still talk to spirits, but those avatars only get spirit forms BECAUSE they're the avatar. Normal people don't get to becoming spirits. So if the "avatar" is dead then their spirits should have ceased too. At least, that's my logic.
    You guys do realize there was an episode done to explain what happened between Book 2 and Book 3
    It's Episode 40.5 - Escape From the Spirit World, and yes it's 100% canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys do realize there was an episode done to explain what happened between Book 2 and Book 3
    I've seen it, but it still doesn't really answer any of the questions.

First off, the whole 'connect with the past four spirits' thing seems pretty arbitrary. It's not like those are the only past avatars, and there's no explanation at all about how that will help anything.
    Second, at the end there Yangchen tells Aang that because his connection to the avatar state is cut off he can't rely on any of the previous avatars, yet here we are watching him talk to everyone right then and there, as well as later on when Roku shows Aang his history with Sozin. It contradicts itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    By "rely on any of the previous avatars" I think she meant he can't go into the avatar state.

After all, the avatar state is nothing more than all previous avatars' experiences accumulating into the current avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but it's still weird and not really explained.

I watched those mini videos and lol Kuruks wife survived in the spirit world as a regular human. But her physical body is there I guess. Aang always went to the spirit world with his spirit in the human world. Weird...

Except she never actually killed him, just severely injured him. Even Azula realized he probably wasn't dead which is why she didn't take credit for killing him.

His chakra was blocked which is what was preventing him from entering the Avatar State, it's not like the Avatar State was eradicated or anything. It was there he just couldn't access it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Except she never actually killed him, just severely injured him. Even Azula realized he probably wasn't dead which is why she didn't take credit for killing him.

His chakra was blocked which is what was preventing him from entering the Avatar State, it's not like the Avatar State was eradicated or anything. It was there he just couldn't access it.
    no he said he wasn't just hurt, he was dead. if kattara hadn't used the spirit water then he would have stayed dead. Azula just knew because Zuko knew and she could see his doubt about aang being dead.

though i think you are right about the avatar state. (plus a near death experience would have locked the final chakra anyway and keep him away from using the avatar state.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-jSZtZ-4F4
    Why couldn't this have been fully animated and voice acted =/

Also, it's beginning March and still no word on Legend of Korra season 2. I'm guessing it's not going to be coming out in April like I've been reading everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Wasn't the Promise Part 4 or whatever supposed to come out soon too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Also, it's beginning March and still no word on Legend of Korra season 2. I'm guessing it's not going to be coming out in April like I've been reading everywhere.
    There's still hope. IIRC an official release date wasn't announced until a few weeks prior last time either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    There's still hope. IIRC an official release date wasn't announced until a few weeks prior last time either.
    Oh shit it's March isn't it? We're getting kind of close, I hate that I have no recognition of time existing.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Oh shit it's March isn't it? We're getting kind of close, I hate that I have no recognition of time existing.
    This year has gone faster than Usain Bolt on a 100m race though, to be fair.