10+ Year Old Account
    We're getting an answer on where they will finish it at Comic Con so don't get your knickers in a twist.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    They are pulling 1 from this Friday's airing and both from August 1st and 8th. Apparently Korra is going digital.

Picture posted by co-creator Bryan Konietzko

Quote Originally Posted by Beeeesly View Post
    They are pulling 1 from this Friday's airing and both from August 1st and 8th. Apparently Korra is going digital.

Picture posted by co-creator Bryan Konietzko
    so its cancelled and they are just getting around the contract by putting it up on a digital platform.

this really sucks for the avatar series. this is probably the end of the series as a whole now.

although maybe if its digital more of those people who dont watch it when it airs will watch it and it might be more succesful. but i doubt it, those people will probably just continue to watch it on "free anime blah blah blah .com"

- - - Updated - - -

either way whatever happens ive been saying this since the end of last season, it was only a matter of time before they just straight up burned it off or put it on nicktoons or something. im surprised they arent putting it on nicktoons actually.

almost everytime a show fails they end up putting the unaired episodes on nicktoons. sometimes if it does well enough on nicktoons they will even keep it around just so they have shit to play on that channel (digimon fusions season 2 is getting dubbed and will come out in 2015)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so its cancelled and they are just getting around the contract by putting it up on a digital platform.

this really sucks for the avatar series. this is probably the end of the series as a whole now.

although maybe if its digital more of those people who dont watch it when it airs will watch it and it might be more succesful. but i doubt it, those people will probably just continue to watch it on "free anime blah blah blah .com"

- - - Updated - - -

either way whatever happens ive been saying this since the end of last season, it was only a matter of time before they just straight up burned it off or put it on nicktoons or something. im surprised they arent putting it on nicktoons actually.

almost everytime a show fails they end up putting the unaired episodes on nicktoons. sometimes if it does well enough on nicktoons they will even keep it around just so they have shit to play on that channel (digimon fusions season 2 is getting dubbed and will come out in 2015)
    It's not cancelled. Nick has already ordered a season 4 for it. I guess they could pull that, but hopefully not.

apparently people are sending threats to nickandmore for posting the news

"I’m a huge Korra fan. Watched every Avatar episode when it aired before & have done the same with Korra. News is news. Ratings are ratings.

NICKandMORE @nickandmore · 4h

But to seriously keep getting these "threats" from Korra fans (last week on ratings, this week on this) is upsetting to say the least.

I could just stop reporting this stuff. Everyone would find this out tomorrow when Zap2it, TVGuide, etc. update anyway. I just don't get it.

I understand people don't always trust the info we post (despite being proven right time after time). But now we're getting threats too..."

its shameful that people cant take bad news. i get bad news about stuff i like all the time. i dont sit around and shake my fist and make threats and excuses about it

- - - Updated - - -

It's not cancelled. Nick has already ordered a season 4 for it. I guess they could pull that, but hopefully not.
    what i mean is, legally they cannot cancel it officially. they HAVE to make season 4.

however they can wiggle around the contract by pulling it off the channel, effectively killing any ratings it couldve gotten but allowing them to put a more profitable show in the slot because right now the ad revenue isnt worth the air time

- - - Updated - - -

it'll probably be replaced with more episodes of fucking spongebob...

theres seriously no other channel that relies so heavily on one show more than nick and spongebob.. the amount of times they put spongebob reruns on the channel is fucking insane
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what i mean is, legally they cannot cancel it officially. they HAVE to make season 4.

however they can wiggle around the contract by pulling it off the channel, effectively killing any ratings it couldve gotten but allowing them to put a more profitable show in the slot because right now the ad revenue isnt worth the air time
    Yeah, gotcha.

And honestly it will probably do better digitally, ratings wise, because it is taking it off the Friday night slot and just giving digital views. I'm curious to see if season 4 will go straight digital as well. I guess we will have to wait and see what they say at SDCC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know several folks who aren't touching s3 with a ten foot pole due to last season's slump. I still say it's a shame because this season finally has some 'unity' with the Avatar group. s3 is what most of s2 should have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I know several folks who aren't touching s3 with a ten foot pole due to last season's slump. I still say it's a shame because this season finally has some 'unity' with the Avatar group. s3 is what most of s2 should have been.
    this seasons been absolutely phenomenal.

i feel like this season it really hit its stride its a shame it couldnt have been this way from the beginning. maybe things wouldve turned out differently.

i feel like they didnt really know what they were doing in season 2 till the end and that turned alot of kids off of it. kids will watch a show that doesnt have a strict location of where it wants to go but kids wont watch a show that doesnt but pretends it does.

ninja turtles i feel is a show that really knew where it was going and what it wanted to do from the outset and because of that they can get kids to follow the storyline even if its more adult and mature at times because they have the proper pacing and can get kids hooked on it before they got to the heavy stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, gotcha.

And honestly it will probably do better digitally, ratings wise, because it is taking it off the Friday night slot and just giving digital views. I'm curious to see if season 4 will go straight digital as well. I guess we will have to wait and see what they say at SDCC.
    it all depends on whether or not the core avatar fandom jump ship to whatever official digital platform they put it on.

if they do, it could actually do wonders for the shows ratings i think but if they keep watching it from those free sites and use adblock and whatnot it wont really make much of a difference

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I get to see new episodes, I won't complain. Flameo Hotman!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's seriously a shame I really do in many ways blame nick for allot tlok's fought's like what show has its season premiere 1 week from its release date announcement and they choose to air it on a friday night also,
    I never see reruns or repeats of tlok how are people supposed to get into a show if they only see new episodes 3 seasons into a series.

I've absolutely loved almost every episode of season 3 so far it really without a doubt beats the quality of season 1-2 of tlok and comes close too season 1 of atla.
    I really hope this show can get the attention it deserves I really do love the Avatar universe and I hope that it will continue in some way even after tlok closes. (Maybe a miniseries after atla of the books The Promise, The Search and The Rift?)

My fucking face when.
    God damn it Nick, right when shit was getting good you sweep it under us and make it a digital exclusive.Also now that it's going digital, will it affect the game done by Platinum?I reeeeaaaaalllly wanna bend shit left and right and then hear a few RULES OF NATURE(s).
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2014-07-24 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iVtQxNB.jpg[/IMG
    My fucking face when.
    God damn it Nick, right when shit was getting good you sweep it under us and make it a digital exclusive.Also now that it's going digital, will it affect the game done by Platinum?I reeeeaaaaalllly wanna bend shit left and right and then hear a few RULES OF NATURE(s).
    atleast nick gave season 3 a chance. were lucky they didnt do this last season.

and no, the game is an eshop/digital title only and its already in development so it wont mess with that.

idk about the 3ds game though. but it will probably still be finished and shipped

ugh stupid nick
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't most people watch it online anyway? I don't exactly pay for nickelodeon :S

At this point, I hate Nick so much I'm glad I won't have to turn that piece of shit channel on every week, even if it's for an hour.

It's not like ratings can give this show another season and I didn't hold my breath for another series following this one anyway. There is no real benefit for fans of the show for it to be on TV.

Just heard about this whole "Avatar" series. Looking to take a look at it. Where should I start?

10+ Year Old Account
    The official The Legend of Korra Tumblr has revealed where and when the episodes will be released. “1) Korra is NOT cancelled,” writes the post. “2) the remaining episodes will roll out weekly on Nick.com and the Nick app beginning August 1, as well as on platforms like Amazon, Google Play, Xbox and Hulu.”
    Just a quick update on it. Thank god it is coming to Hulu and I'm not forced to watch it on Nick.com.

Just a quick update on it. Thank god it is coming to Hulu and I'm not forced to watch it on Nick.com.
    For real. I am happy for that too. lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Just heard about this whole "Avatar" series. Looking to take a look at it. Where should I start?
    Skip the first book and just watch the movie. Made by M. Night Shamamamamamlam great movie 5 stars, 100 on Rotten Tomatoes.

No just kidding never watch that movie.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Skip the first book and just watch the movie. Made by M. Night Shamamamamamlam great movie 5 stars, 100 on Rotten Tomatoes.

No just kidding never watch that movie.
    This^ never watch the movie. EVER it will ruin everything.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.