Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Past memories. His dad passed it on to him. I assume it's genetic because it's rare. Maybe that's too much of a Naruto way of thinking on that but the DAD did pass to the SON the skill so, *shrug*
    Not saying it's impossible, but how in the world did Korra figure that out? Wouldn't the logical conclusion have been that Tarrlok was Yakone's student?
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

best characters
    1. Toph
    2. Iroh
    3. Sokka
    4. Zuko (the blue spirit and all that stuff was a great side loop into his psyche)
    5. can't really decide, but I'll go with Tenzin, he's a bamf when he's angry, and calm and collected when he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    Not saying it's impossible, but how in the world did Korra figure that out? Wouldn't the logical conclusion have been that Tarrlok was Yakone's student?
    Why Aang was showing her the memory lead me to believe that Tarlok was related to Yakone in some way. Especially when there is clear evidence of other bending abilities being passed down genetically speaking, Lin Bei Fong and being an incredible metalbender anyone? Or Tenzin being a significantly powerful air bender?
    Last edited by skitzin; 2012-06-23 at 01:24 PM.

2 hours,48 minutes to go, and I work during the premiere. /wrists Why couldn't Nick give this show its deserved primetime slot?!

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Why Aang was showing her the memory lead me to believe that Tarlok was related to Yakone in some way. Especially when there is clear evidence of other bending abilities being passed down genetically speaking, Lin Bei Fong and being an incredible metalbender anyone? Or Tenzin being a significantly powerful air bender?
    True, power is passed down, but techniques usually aren't. Ozai was capable of lightning-bending, while Zuko wasn't.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    2 hours,48 minutes to go, and I work during the premiere. /wrists Why couldn't Nick give this show its deserved primetime slot?!
    Become suddenly "sick" (lay down on the floor to help this case if needed) and go home. When asked if you went to a doctor say you believe faith cures cancers etc or something just to dodge the question. :P

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 09:29 PM ----------

True, power is passed down, but techniques usually aren't. Ozai was capable of lightning-bending, while Zuko wasn't.
    But Azula was. So it may be a case of it being highly likely they could inherit such abilities but not necessarily a certainty that it will paas along, after all Aang did have a son (Bumi) who's a non-bender.

Not to mention Zuko was always shown to be the least favoured by his father even when he was a child, which could mean that whilst he might have had the ability to learn lightning-bending he was never given the opportunity too until later on in the series. But which time his frustration lead to a lack of discipline to control his emotions to achieve the desired effect.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2012-06-23 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    That is seriously like saying:

"Hey Tolkein really dropped the ball with Lord of the rings. He should have after Return of The King had like 3 more books with Frodo and the ring and all. He should have expected the support for the books and just kept writing about Frodo and Sam and everythign even after the whole story was resolved. I mean I Don't care if it is his story to write and it had a clear begining middle and end, he should have just tacked on like 3 more books after Return of the king."
    YES ^^

Still wish they got real voice actors though

Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    Start shaking and claim to have a psychosomatic reaction causing a lymphocytical deficit and that you need to go see your psychoneuroimmunologist. If your boss actually bothers to look it up, it very roughly means: I had a stress attack, which might get me sick. He likely won't though.
    Last edited by ijffdrie; 2012-06-23 at 01:33 PM.

Geif me the finale.
    Playing since 2007.

Idk, but they do look the same kinda.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Not to mention Zuko was always shown to be the least favoured by his father even when he was a child, which could mean that whilst he might have had the ability to learn lightning-bending he was never given the opportunity too until later on in the series. But which time his frustration lead to a lack of discipline to control his emotions to achieve the desired effect.
    Lighting bending isn't a special form of bending, it's not like the ability to bloodbend without a full moon, it's something every firebender can do (like Mako at the power plant) but it's just difficult because it requires them to be very calm. Zuko found it so difficult because of his inner turmoil, lack of patience and aggression.

Finale starts in about 30 minutes. And it's my birthday. BEST BIRTHDAY EVAR.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Quote Originally Posted by Ðuracell View Post
    Finale starts in about 30 minutes. And it's my birthday. BEST BIRTHDAY EVAR.
    Happy birthday, it is a great day indeed.
    Playing since 2007.

There ya guys have it.

Well that was not the family connection I was expecting.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Who else just flipped out?
    d=(^_^)z

Quote Originally Posted by Alahondor View Post
    Who else just flipped out?
    my head exploded man

10+ Year Old Account
    OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN

I didn't see this coming.

This all explains why he ignored Tarloks blood bending.
    d=(^_^)z

Ewww... Amon=Itachi.