For some reason I don't think they will jump ahead, unless Zuko dies and the Fire Nation goes insane or something. Which I doubt they would repeat that.

I just don't see the creators having the series and acknowledging Zuko alive yet keeping him in the shadows. He and Katara would probably die within the next few years, meaning the last of Team Avatar has died.

I believe season 2 will involve the evilness of Tenzin's new son. Korra will face the challange of changing diapers, feeding him, and burping him.
    Along with a new element. POOP BENDING

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    oh derp, prob... I would still love a twist where we can see some of the benders duel bend.
    you have no idea how long i have wanted that.

I once had an idea that the avatar was NOT the only one who can use all 4 elements. it would just take a normal person infinately more time to learn the other elements and the avatar had such an easy time due to their connection with their past lives (basically the "i've done this before statement from roku) so someone else could do it if they spent most of their life studying other types of bending they could eventually master them
    Last edited by ranku; 2012-06-23 at 04:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Also can people please you call spoliers or black out some of the stuff as it is a bit much for those who haven't seen it yet lol

Quote Originally Posted by dystin View Post
    Lighting bending isn't a special form of bending, it's not like the ability to bloodbend without a full moon, it's something every firebender can do (like Mako at the power plant) but it's just difficult because it requires them to be very calm. Zuko found it so difficult because of his inner turmoil, lack of patience and aggression.
    Poorly worded perhaps on my part but yes, effectively I was saying the same thing about Zuko's ability to learn it, however we do not know if his early attempts were the result of no teacher or lack of discipline to control his emotions.

We were looking at how the connection between Yakone and Tarlok could established via an existing trend in the passing down of more "complicated" or "advanced" forms of bending via genetic heritage, which lead to the whole lighting thing and Zuko.

As for that yes I agree that currently it seems to a bit more common place in this series however in the original storyline only a select few fire benders were shown to be able to produce lighting, such to the point that Iroh makes a mention that not all fire benders can learn do this because of the discipline involved.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2012-06-23 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfries View Post
    Anyone but me dies a little inside when the benders get their powers stolen?
    I admit, my stomach turned every time Amon showed up. I dreaded anyone loosing their bending, the look on their face before he does it, and how they flop over like they're dead after. Looks too much like an execution for me.

I loved the Amon/Tarlokk story, I didnt expect it at all. It was touching how they died. I hope he doesnt show up again "Lol my face got burned for realz this time but I escaped!"

Aang showing up is probably my favorite moment in LoK now. He really is watching over his friends.

*I forgot, Im totally excited Tahno is (probably) getting his bending back! Asami is probably leaving, but I liked her part in the fight. And I dont like Bolin's lame status as team clown. i wanted to punch him for that comment he made.
    Last edited by Alixie; 2012-06-23 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    For some reason I don't think they will jump ahead, unless Zuko dies and the Fire Nation goes insane or something. Which I doubt they would repeat that.

I just don't see the creators having the series and acknowledging Zuko alive yet keeping him in the shadows. He and Katara would probably die within the next few years, meaning the last of Team Avatar has died.
    idk, people in this series have insanely long lifespans. bumi was in his 100's by the end of tla and kyoshi lived to be 230 so katara and zuko could prolly go on for a few more years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

I really hope that in the next few seasons that they show off the other nations. I would really love to see the Northern Water tribe, Fire Nation, and Earth Nation. Republic City seems to be the most advanced in technology. I wonder how the other nations are faring.

Deleted
    God dammit I haven't even started watching it yet but keep clicking into this thread daily Sounds really good

I wish they would've stopped the finale after the Tarlok/Amon resolution. The very end of the finale was way too deus ex machina. "Oh lul guiz everythings okay, jk, I had a spiritual epiphany"

I really hope that in the next few seasons that they show off the other nations. I would really love to see the Northern Water tribe, Fire Nation, and Earth Nation. Republic City seems to be the most advanced in technology. I wonder how the other nations are faring.

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    you have no idea how long i have wanted that.

I once had an idea that the avatar was NOT the only one who can use all 4 elements. it would just take a normal person infinately more time to learn the other elements and the avatar had such an easy time due to their connection with their past lives (basically the "i've done this before statement from roku) so someone else could do it if they spent most of their life studying other types of bending they could eventually master them
    I think it be awesome and they could explain it away as bending another element that is complementary to the main one, but the avatar is the only one who can do all four ( seeing as some oppose others like fire and water or earth and air)
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Also can people please you call spoliers or black out some of the stuff as it is a bit much for those who haven't seen it yet lol

Poorly worded perhaps on my part but yes, effectively I was saying the same thing about Zuko's ability to learn it, however we do not know if his early attempts were the result of no teacher or lack of discipline to control his emotions.

We were looking at how the connection between Yakone and Tarlok could established via an existing trend in the passing down of more "complicated" or "advanced" forms of bending via genetic heritage, which lead to the whole lighting thing and Zuko.

As for that yes I agree that currently it seems to a bit more common place in this series however in the original storyline only a select few fire benders were shown to be able to produce lighting, such to the point that Iroh makes a mention that not all fire benders can learn do this because of the discipline involved.
    Zuko did pass down a firebending trait that as far as we know only his family could do. Iroh used firebending to fly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    I wish they would've stopped the finale after the Tarlok/Amon resolution. The very end of the finale was way too deus ex machina. "Oh lul guiz everythings okay, jk, I had a spiritual epiphany"
    okay but the every episode ended with a super sad and like terrible ending, this managed to be the only happy ending in the entire season, which is how it should be and it was epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Tarlok/Amon on the boat was the ending, of that cycle imho. It was pretty dark and complex, which was amazing to see on a kids show. I am glad tho, that they threw in the rest after that, because it cleans up the first part, and we won't have to drag it into the next chapter as much.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Wow this finale was kind of awesome. Altough i dont like major cliffhangers, imo they should have ended the season with Korra having no bending besides air bending. They just made kind of a clear cut without a hint on "what happens next". But still ... it was amazing and i am really looking forward to the 2nd season.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking forward to the next season without the need of cliffhangers, you know they did something right.

10+ Year Old Account
    ;[ i missed it, does anyone know where i can see it online?

10+ Year Old Account
    want to see the end!

any links?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nick.com/videos/legend-of-korra-videos

The episodes will be posted here eventually. Just keep an eye on the page if you missed the finale.

10+ Year Old Account
    links to .co.uk unfortunately >.<

I'll just wait for it to eventually turn up on other sites

How long ago was the last episode aired?