Page 2 of 410 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Awesome. Thanks you Protoman. I don't even know about the sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I'm scared I might not like it. I dislike how futuristic it is (compared tot the original).

I almost prefer it was a previous Avatar's life, instead of a future one's. I'm going to give it a chance, nonetheless.
    Pretty much this. I don't like how there is cars, cameras etc. And the first main villain just doesn't seem that evil. Obviously we only really got a brief introduction to them, but it just seems off after fighting the fire lord who was on the verge of taking over the world.

thanks for the link. I started watching the Avatar series late so wasn't really able to get into it as much as I probably would have, but that pilot episode looked pretty good, looking forward to the series to start.

Deleted
    Oh finaly thank you for the heads up this is awesome.

IM THE AVATAR DEAL WITH IT.
    I had hoped to see Sokka as a old man doing the same joke every 5 second but meh hes dead atleast katara is alive.

Holy shit this is great! Didn't even know they were making this..

It had better be good!

10+ Year Old Account
    oh i have to wait till i get home to watch it

When the kid made the reference to Zuko's mom, I was all "O.O" and then the annoying grandkid interrupted it. and then I made the "FUUUUUUU-" face.

Oh, avatar! If it's as good as the original series I'm gonna enjoy this

Deleted
    Anom is the son of the Cabbage Salesman from TLAB; calling it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    Pretty much this. I don't like how there is cars, cameras etc. And the first main villain just doesn't seem that evil. Obviously we only really got a brief introduction to them, but it just seems off after fighting the fire lord who was on the verge of taking over the world.
    I seem to recall the creators saying that this was going to be a smaller and more personal story then Avatar. It takes place all within Empire City. I get the feeling it is going to be more about stopping a potential uprising that threatens the peace created by Ang and Zuko and therefore stopping a war before it happens other then freeing the world from a war that has been raging on for years.

Everyone should also check out the 3 part comic called The Promise. It takes place one year after Ang stopped the firelord and shows how Empire City came to be. The first issue is already out and the 2nd comes out in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    When the kid made the reference to Zuko's mom, I was all "O.O" and then the annoying grandkid interrupted it. and then I made the "FUUUUUUU-" face.
    I thought that was pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    a little bit upsetting...kind of like "hai! everyone you knew and liked has died... but here! look at their families! oh yeh heres katara when shes 100 0o"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, this series is destined to be epic. Love the cameos, can't wait to see what other characters make an appearance (or their kids). The fighting/animation is already starting off intense as well, looking forward to seeing what they can do with the bending of elements, might even see some new specialty bending like metal for earth, lightning for fire, and blood for water....nothing for air yet and coincidentally thats the only element korra has not mastered yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    This was a very nice introduction to the new series/story arc.. something that i find weird is that Korra can water, earth and fire bend, in such a young age oO?? who trained her?
    She's the Avatar which means that she has an easy time learning the elements (remember how fast Aang learned waterbending?). What held Aangs' training back was a lack of teachers. There weren't any waterbenders on the entire south pole (except for Katara who was inexperienced herself) so he had to travel to the northpole, and all the firebenders (except the one he managed to piss off) were his enemies, which meant he had to wait for Zuko to defect.
    If Aang hadn't had any troubles finding teachers he'd probably had mastered the elements just as fast as Korra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timelord View Post
    She's the Avatar which means that she has an easy time learning the elements (remember how fast Aang learned waterbending?). What held Aangs' training back was a lack of teachers. There weren't any waterbenders on the entire south pole (except for Katara who was inexperienced herself) so he had to travel to the northpole, and all the firebenders (except the one he managed to piss off) were his enemies, which meant he had to wait for Zuko to defect.
    If Aang hadn't had any troubles finding teachers he'd probably had mastered the elements just as fast as Korra.
    Actually, he had a hard time with firebending. It took him awhile to get a hang of that.

Ang was also younger then Korra. We really do not know how long Korra has been training before the events of the series, but it is likely she started when she was around Ang's age. She is 17 at the start of the series and Ang was only 12. That means she has probably had 5 years worth of training if not more. As for who trained her, she has been under the protection of the White Lotus and since there are members from all the nations in that ground, it probably was not hard to find trainers. She has had to wait to start training airbending because Tenzin and his three children are the only living airbenders and he has been busy working to keep the peace in Empire City to train Korra.

Was pretty good! Can't wait for ep2!

Wow, wow..Not sure about the futuristic stuff but I'm always open to new things. Mostly sad about pretty much everybody being dead...bbuuuuttt it looks pretty darn interesting, even for just a pilot so I'm definitely willing to give it a try. Can't wait for the next episode, too bad it's not 'til April. XD

<Avid Mount/Pet Collector> Recently Earned:!! Leywoven Flying Carpet !!

You can now watch the first two episodes totally legit.

http://www.korranation.com/

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You can now watch the first two episodes totally legit.
    nice find!! i had never heard of the sequel until i saw this thread, I'm loving the new story line so far. cant wait for the next episode!

15+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the first two episodes. I have to say I'm really impressed so far. The comedy, drama, and action packed fight scenes where all there and perfectly executed. I'm most excited about seeing more metal bending because the police force did a couple pretty cool things for how short of a time we got to see them. Tenzin looks exactly how I imagined Aang would as an adult it's so funny. Now the only problem is the three more weeks of waiting for more.

Here is Ep2 for all you MMO-C Avatar fans!

http://www.lovemyanime.net/avatar-th...rra-episode-2/

"If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.