10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who thinks Korra is a little weak? I mean maybe she is just surrounded by stronger people, but I feel like she's in the spotlight for a short time and then she goes right back to being a member of the team. The whole story centered around Aang in The Last Airbender. BTW Whoever said Tenzin needs to be more badass.... well I thought he was pretty damn badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Korra is a little weak? I mean maybe she is just surrounded by stronger people, but I feel like she's in the spotlight for a short time and then she goes right back to being a member of the team. The whole story centered around Aang in The Last Airbender. BTW Whoever said Tenzin needs to be more badass.... well I thought he was pretty damn badass.
    Maybe I need to re-watch the part where he is badass...
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Maybe I need to re-watch the part where he is badass...
    This part?

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    This part?

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ake4qBoc1qh75xeo2_250.gif[IMG]
    I think he was talking about Aang in airbender.
    Unless Aang was in the avatar state he wasnt really strong. He mostly dodged people with Airbending then Katara would actually hit them.
    Last edited by pickley; 2012-05-20 at 08:07 PM.

I really liked that with Asami the first non-bender joined "team avatar". (not counting Pema)

Actually I think the best way to deal with those equalizers would be to form a strong anti-equalizer-non-bender movement.
    In an open war many non-benders would be forced to side with the equalizers, as there is no real alternative for now.
    They need a non-bender leadfigure for that.

I'm also curious if they'll drop Tahno now or if he'll have some kind of "redemption" later in the series.
    He sure didn't look healthy in the new episode. o_O
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-05-20 at 09:06 PM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone has read the books that predate Legend of Korra but happens after A:TLA, i really think that the Equalists is a developed form of the Freedom Fighters. I have a feeling Amon might be the child of Smellerbee, or some other Freedom Fighter. Very similar to Jet in character though, wasn't his parent killed by a firebender?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    This part?

Pfft! Lin was so much more baws in that fight scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Pfft! Lin was so much more baws in that fight scene.
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.... that pick of Bumi does make him look a lil evil. Could be anyone, even a bender who is just trying to be the only bender left so he can dominate over everyone lol.

But I still think the chi block technique has something to do with mai lee or whatever that circus girl's name was who was azulas partner. The equalists have the same fighting style she used, and she also chi blocked.

Was also wondering if they will showcase any kind of advanced technique for wind, like blood or ice for water, lightning for fire, and metal for earth. Can't really think of any specialized form of wind.....maybe sound like booming thunder or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Hmm.... that pick of Bumi does make him look a lil evil. Could be anyone, even a bender who is just trying to be the only bender left so he can dominate over everyone lol.

But I still think the chi block technique has something to do with mai lee or whatever that circus girl's name was who was azulas partner. The equalists have the same fighting style she used, and she also chi blocked.

Was also wondering if they will showcase any kind of advanced technique for wind, like blood or ice for water, lightning for fire, and metal for earth. Can't really think of any specialized form of wind.....maybe sound like booming thunder or something?
    Shock wave would actually be a good one.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    If anyone has read the books that predate Legend of Korra but happens after A:TLA, i really think that the Equalists is a developed form of the Freedom Fighters. I have a feeling Amon might be the child of Smellerbee, or some other Freedom Fighter. Very similar to Jet in character though, wasn't his parent killed by a firebender?
    The freedom Fighters were bros though. Jet was just an asshole. But he redeemed himself.

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 04:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post

Ty-lee? She became a good girl. She joined the Kyoshi warriors.

Thinking about Bumi though....we dont know how Aang died. He wasnt exactly old. Maybe he was assassinated by a firebender....
    Last edited by pickley; 2012-05-21 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    The freedom Fighters were bros though. Jet was just an asshole. But he redeemed himself.

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 04:50 AM ----------

Thinking about Bumi though....we dont know how Aang died. He wasnt exactly old. Maybe he was assassinated by a firebender....
    But that's why i'm saying for those that have read The Promise Part 1 (the book i was mentioning)

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Promise_Part_1

In it, Smellerbee, along with the other Freedom Fighters (after the war is over) were very much more hostile towards the fire nation people in the colonial city Yu Dao, and even when Avatar Aang told her personally that he was going to take care of it via peace by having a council between Firelord Zuko, Earth King Kuei, and himself.

I quote from the synopsis, though you can also read the story itself if you prefer.

"...After flying over the walls, Aang explains the situation to Sokka, Toph, and Smellerbee. Smellerbee is angry that Zuko isn't leaving and gives Aang an ultimatum. She says that she will lead the Freedom Fighters in a revolt if the Fire Nation hasn't left within three days. After leaving, Aang thanks Katara for helping him out of the Avatar State...."

The colonial city Yu Dao is present day Republic City, and the Fire Nation never left since it's now an idealistically neutral hub.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

But that's why i'm saying for those that have read The Promise Part 1 (the book i was mentioning)

In it, Smellerbee, along with the other Freedom Fighters (after the war is over) were very much more hostile towards the fire nation people in the colonial city Yu Dao, and even when Avatar Aang told her personally that he was going to take care of it via peace by having a council between Firelord Zuko, Earth King Kuei, and himself.

I quote from the synopsis, though you can also read the story itself if you prefer.

"...After flying over the walls, Aang explains the situation to Sokka, Toph, and Smellerbee. Smellerbee is angry that Zuko isn't leaving and gives Aang an ultimatum. She says that she will lead the Freedom Fighters in a revolt if the Fire Nation hasn't left within three days. After leaving, Aang thanks Katara for helping him out of the Avatar State...."

The colonial city Yu Dao is present day Republic City, and the Fire Nation never left since it's now an idealistically neutral hub.
    Oooh, my bad. Totally forgot about the book....

holy shit, of all the crazy conspiracies I've heard (and I read a lot of Korra forums), I think we found a plausible one. cool
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    holy shit, of all the crazy conspiracies I've heard (and I read a lot of Korra forums), I think we found a plausible one. cool
    Chances are something will happen in Part 2. But it does make sense...

Oh I totally forgot about the promise and how the creators said it was going to relate to LoK. That could totally be
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lin Beifong, supreme badass of the Avatar World... She has been known to kill Equalists for fun and enjoys watching them try to get her but she always just toys with them and then throws them off buildings.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post

Yea I know she became good, and she taught the Kyoshi warriors how to chi block too. I'm simply pointing out the similar fighting style and use of chi block that ty lee had compared to the separatists. Amon could have been an offspring of someone related to her or kyoshi warriors.

Pretty interesting theory. I'm starting to see a few links between this event and Republic City. Basically the "restoration movement" was to get all the fire benders out of other colonies and back to the fire land. This city Yu Dao was different because the Earth and Fire people learned to get along and worked well with each other.....Zuko who originally supported separation saw this and thought it was honorable and changed his mind. One interesting thing to note is that the king of the Yu Dao was a fire bender, but he married an earth bender with an earth bender child (reminds me of mako and brolin kinda).

The other 2 books haven't come out yet, 2nd one is end of this month and the 3rd is in sept so prob gonna be a while before we see the details. But it seems like there is still alot of fighting between earth and fire benders....like tophs metal bending school w/ firebender rivals.....and loyal earthbenders who don't like the firebenders living with them. I wouldn't be surprised if the Freedom Fighters eventually became the Separatists and perhaps Amon was a child of a Freedom fighter who's parents were killed by a fire bender they were attacking or something.

omg, Jet didn't die and he is now amon
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I think Aang died so early because he was stuck in the iceberg for so long. Being frozen for 100 years, in the Avatar State, can't be good for your health.