Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Well I just watched the promo. Korra is finally going to talk to Aang about her spiritual issues
    Unfortunately, that is not what happens. Tarlok basically goes bat-shit crazy and persecutes all the non-benders. He is also able to Bloodbend when it's not a full moon. He says something to the effect of "There's a lot you don't know about me" when Korra questions its. There's a weird vision that Korra has, not totally sure what all happened in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit. Just. Got. Real.

I love TLAB, but man LOK is turning out to be truly epic... can't wait for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    But anyhow, HOW BOUT TODAY'S EPISODE?!?!
    so frigging epic, its was the best episode yet!!

also with Tarlok being Amon, and as Korra was blacking out Amon made the energybending stance, I feel like he took away one of her bendings, obviously not fire cause she breathed out at him, But I think he might have taken her waterbending, because psychologically that would be hella unnerving and b) Tarlok is a big enough dick to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    so frigging epic, its was the best episode yet!!

also with Tarlok being Amon, and as Korra was blacking out Amon made the energybending stance, I feel like he took away one of her bendings, obviously not fire cause she breathed out at him, But I think he might have taken her waterbending, because psychologically that would be hella unnerving and b) Tarlok is a big enough dick to do that.
    I still don't think Tarlok is Amon. There is really nothing in the episode that proved that he is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I was realy surprised that Korra mastered her opposite force (water><fire) so "easily/fast" whilst Aang really struggled with his (air><earth).
    Huh? She hasn't mastered her 'opposite' force, which is air. It was clearly presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate17182 View Post
    Unfortunately, that is not what happens. Tarlok basically goes bat-shit crazy and persecutes all the non-benders. He is also able to Bloodbend when it's not a full moon. He says something to the effect of "There's a lot you don't know about me" when Korra questions its. There's a weird vision that Korra has, not totally sure what all happened in it.
    So basically it appeared to be Tarrlak blood bending Sokka, Toph and Aang during some sort of court case.

So what I managed to do was look away and look back to see Korra and Tarrlak fighting, did I miss an important bit of dialogue?

I still don't think Tarlok is Amon. There is really nothing in the episode that proved that he is.

I mean my only evidence is after their fight, Tarklok goes in at Korra with the True Heart and Mind Stance, which is energybending, and the only other person who can energybend is Amon. So either Tarlok = Amon, or Tarlok is cocky enough to think he could possibly just pull it off or has some weird plan, that involved Korra just seeing him do that pose so she thinks he's Amon but really he isn't and using his newfound infamy to slum it with equalists and infiltrate their orginization!

but ockham's razor says that its probably that Tarlok is Amon.
    Last edited by ShadowJester; 2012-06-02 at 04:09 PM. Reason: added spoilerness

15+ Year Old Account
    A guy who was being charged for some crime (where Toph, Sokka, and Aang are present). The guy starts bloodbending on Sokka. Toph tries to intervene and that is it. This leads into my speculation that Tarlok is Amon. The reasoning behind this is Amon said that his father was killed by a Fire Bender. I have a funny feeling that that man being charged was Tarlok's father. Tarlok learned Bloodbending from him. However Tarlok feels his father was wrongly accused. His father escapped (during the whole bloodbending Sokka part). Aang followed and possibly challenged him. Only Zuko stepped in and killed him instead. Tarlok blamed Zuko and Aang for his death.

---------- Post added 2012-06-02 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So basically it appeared to be Tarrlak blood bending Sokka, Toph and Aang during some sort of court case.

So what I managed to do was look away and look back to see Korra and Tarrlak fighting, did I miss an important bit of dialogue?
    Korra accused Tarlok of being just like Amon. That is when Tarlok went ape-****
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2012-06-02 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It appears to me that Yakone (who I still believe to be the person in the flash backs) is actually Tarlok's father, not Amon's like I previously thought. I kind of feel stupid now seeing how their resemblance is very obvious. There seems to be a lot more to Tarlok than we initially thought so I'm pretty excited to see how that unfolds, though I still don't think he's affiliated with the equalists and is just working under his own agenda. Definitely didn't see these turn of events coming up though so that's good, and I have more than a feeling that Korra will finally be speaking to Aang next episode and much will be cleared up.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post

Basically, Tarlok said If you do what I want you to do, I'll free your friends. Korra said that she wasn't gonna do whatever he wanted her to do just to get them out of jail. Then he basically said if you're not gonna join me, I'm just gonna kill you. Then they started fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    I mean my only evidence is after their fight, Tarklok goes in at Korra with the True Heart and Mind Stance, which is energybending, and the only other person who can energybend is Amon. So either Tarlok = Amon, or Tarlok is cocky enough to think he could possibly just pull it off or has some weird plan, that involved Korra just seeing him do that pose so she thinks he's Amon but really he isn't and using his newfound infamy to slum it with equalists and infiltrate their orginization!

but ockham's razor says that its probably that Tarlok is Amon.
    You're probably right. I just don't want the series to be that straight forward. TLA was such a complex series with overlying plots, as opposed to LOK which is very straight forward. But, with today's episode and the vision it starting to get really good. Hopefully next week we'll get to see some of the old Gaang and maybe she'll even contact Aang.

So now we have 3 flashbacks already:
    Episode 4: close-up of Sokka, Toph and Aang, Mystery Man's eyes, Aang preparing for an attack
    Episode 6: Aang and Toph talking, Mystery Man's face, Mystery Man standing up, Mystery Man kneeling on the ground with Aang going Avatar-state and probably killing(?) him
    Episode 8: Mystery Man bloodbending the crap out of everyone: Sokka, Toph, Aang and you can see the people in the background moving funny as well.

My theory on all of this: first of all, I don't think the guy in the flashbacks is Tarlok. He seems pretty old and since Korra is already 17, we can safely say the current time is at least 20 years after the events in the flashback (the timeline on the avatar wikia confirms this theory). We already know Aang dealt with Yakone head-on from a dialogue between Tarlok and Tenzin in a previous episode. This leads me to believe that the guy in the flashbacks is Yakone and Tarlok might be his son since they're both bloodbenders. Tarlok is probably blaming the death of his father on the Avatar causing him to develop anti-Avatar feelings. Judging by skin color, Tarlok (darker-brown) is not Amon either, who has a pale white skin. If we believe Amon's story about his parents being non-benders and a fire bender killing them and burning his face, he could probably be the son of Sokka and Suki, both killed by fire benders. This is also likely because Tai Lee from TLA used chi-blocking and in the end she joined the Kyoshi warriors. Suki could've picked up this technique and passed it to her son Amon. Since these events obviously happened AFTER the flashbacks (where Sokka is still alive), Tarlok and Amon (both with anto-bending or anti-Avatar feelings) joined forces in an attempt to take over the city.
    Right before the flashback from episode 8, we see Tarlok taking the pose that Amon uses to take away people's bending. So what I think: Amon learned this ability from Tarlok, who wants to keep his cover as being on the good side of the benders and thus doesn't want to use it in public.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Goge; 2012-06-02 at 06:33 PM.

^ That it a very interesting theory and sounds realistic to me, good joob.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone else notice that look in Tarlok's eyes when she said he was just like Amon, it's like he knew something. Also that would have probably been an Avatar State thing once she becomes more spiritual during their duel.

---------- Post added 2012-06-02 at 01:00 PM ----------

Oh yeah, Tarlok is definitely related to Yakone, there is no doubt in my mind. You can see the resemblance a mile away.
    Hey everyone

Very interesting.

I have a feeling wherever she is going she is soon to have a run in with Zuko and Aang. At the end of the day I believe Tarlok just wants absolute power and Korra and Amon are standing in her way.

It wouldn't surprise me if Amon was Ozai who found a way to extend his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    Very interesting.

I have a feeling wherever she is going she is soon to have a run in with Zuko and Aang. At the end of the day I believe Tarlok just wants absolute power and Korra and Amon are standing in her way.

It wouldn't surprise me if Amon was Ozai who found a way to extend his life.
    Oh my god, you may be right. Ozai knows how to Energybend since he got some sort of power from Aang or he learned the technique.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ That it a very interesting theory and sounds realistic to me, good joob.
    Pretty much an expanded version of what I said previously lol.

Is it me or could you see an image of Amon in the waterfall when Tarlokk was looking into it. I think we're looking at a Palpatine scenario here, I think Amon is working for Tarlokk so he can elevate himself in the chain of command to the point where he has absolute authority

Tarlokk looked exactly like Ozai when his hair was messed up

Edit: Can we just put a [Spoilers] tag on this thread and stop with all these black boxes, it's just getting a bit silly. If you're reading a Korra discussion thread you should have watched the show already
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-02 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Pretty much an expanded version of what I said previously lol.

Is it me or could you see an image of Amon in the waterfall when Tarlokk was looking into it

Tarlokk looked exactly like Ozai when his hair was messed up

Edit: Can we just put a [Spoilers] tag on this thread and stop with all these black boxes, it's just getting a bit silly. If you're reading a Korra discussion thread you should have watched the show already
    Tarlokk is not amon, or Ozai unless Ozai learned how to TAKE bending too and took a waterbenders bending to himself.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tarlokk is not amon, or Ozai unless Ozai learned how to TAKE bending too and took a waterbenders bending to himself.
    I didn't say he was, I think it's subtle imagery to suggest he's either in-league with or knows Amon personally.

He might be a descendant of Ozai through Azula hence the resemblance. Last I heard Azula were put into a mental health facility not imprisoned

I just hope that whatever the conclusion may be:
    1) It connects all the loose ends
    2) It's completely unexpected
    3) It's not something ridiculous like a person living for 100+ years or taking over another bending that was not his natural one.

Quote Originally Posted by Goge View Post
    I just hope that whatever the conclusion may be:
    1) It connects all the loose ends
    2) It's completely unexpected
    3) It's not something ridiculous like a person living for 100+ years or taking over another bending that was not his natural one.
    There are many people in Avatar that live over 100, Bumi for example was 112+ Years old.
    Playing since 2007.