Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    It's possible that to "deal" with Zuko, Aang took away his bending.
    then a statue of him in Republic City holding flame in his hand wouldn't make much sense
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

The opening narration clearly stated that Republic City was built by Aang AND Zuko from the Fire Nation colonies. Aang isn't going to debend him.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    The opening narration clearly stated that Republic City was built by Aang AND Zuko from the Fire Nation colonies. Aang isn't going to debend him.
    He is indeed not, the statue would be worthless and if you do the tour it indeed tells you that they build it together, also I think in part 3 zuko will come to his senses.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK I think we all know that it was a promise though I had no clue why Aang would agree to it, he would just take his bending away and then just dethrone him. Obviously Zuko never had his bending taken away and is peacefully traveling the world after he resigned.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Aang was pretty much shown to be an airbending genius who could win (or atleast escape) almost ANY situation. In a 1v1 he kicked Zuko's ass in every fight, someone who was older and had significantly more training in his element (fire).
    Meanwhile Korra can't seem to do shit-all even with 3 elements on her side. Overall the Avatar's power seems to have greatly diminished, in previous ages they were pretty much gods and when they put their foot down (esp. in avatar state) nobody would dare question them.
    In all honesty I've always thought of Aang as a Mary Sue, which is why he was probably me least favorite of the main cast of the series. Don't get me wrong, I loved the series but some of the things they did made no sense. The way a 13 year old (or 12, I don't remember) could pretty much wtf pwn everyone except for like Azula and the Fire Lord. How it took Roku many years to master all the elements and Aang did it in like what? A year? Maybe less. But the thing that absolutely bothered me more than anything when it came to character progression in that series was how Aang was so natural with water bending when they first found that scroll, (which made Katara quite angry) and then by the start of the next season Katara was somehow surpassed him and was a top notch bending master.....like what?

I don't mean to rant, but I think the progression level in LoK makes more sense.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    In all honesty I've always thought of Aang as a Mary Sue, which is why he was probably me least favorite of the main cast of the series. Don't get me wrong, I loved the series but some of the things they did made no sense. The way a 13 year old (or 12, I don't remember) could pretty much wtf pwn everyone except for like Azula and the Fire Lord. How it took Roku many years to master all the elements and Aang did it in like what? A year? Maybe less. But the thing that absolutely bothered me more than anything when it came to character progression in that series was how Aang was so natural with water bending when they first found that scroll, (which made Katara quite angry) and then by the start of the next season Katara was somehow surpassed him and was a top notch bending master.....like what?

I don't mean to rant, but I think the progression level in LoK makes more sense.
    He DID have the help of several past benders more than korra - he was possessed at least twice that i can think of (rewatching now, in book 2 iirc) and talked to them a great deal. That has to help a little, especially under the pressure of "learn it before x or the world burns". As well, his beating some people was helped a great deal by avatar state, when he got toward a loss, and a training that was more "evade" than "attack" and attacked only when necessary and the correct time. He was always better when on the defensive.

For the water bending, air and water are (for him) very close. It seems with LoK that learning the other elements isn't so much what's opposite you, but your personality - witness how korra can't air bend for shit, yet fire bends very well (she breathes fire!) already. It would be easy for him to pick up the basics of water bending, but might take him longer to master it than Katara.

" her determination and hard work allowed her to surpass Aang," <-- from the wiki.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post

I sorta agree that Aang was what one would call incredibly overpowered and they made it seem as though airbending could pretty much boot everything else (at the start atleast). But Aang had far from mastered the elements. His earthbending was nowhere near on the same level as Toph's or King Bumi's (both masters), his firebending nowhere near as good as Zuko or Iroh's - remember how Zuko was still training Aang on Ember Island, Aang was still having trouble being "ferocious". His Waterbending was still inferior to Katara's for obvious reasons.
    The Firelord had him cornered and he was as good as defeated with the spiritual chakra locked. Aang was was pretty much dead when his earth-ball-thing broke apart - the ONLY reason he managed to defeat the Firelord was due to the accidental unlocking of his final chakra with the jagged rock going into his spine. Without the Avatar state (which FYI is overpowered as fuck, might as well call it "turn on the godmode hacks") Aang would've 100% lost to the Firelord. So it was basically all luck....or destiny...whatever you want to call it. He had only somewhat learned the elements.

I also disagree about the progression, most of it made sense just fine. Read the wiki:

Under the tutelage of Master Pakku, Katara's waterbending skills improved to the degree she could defeat Sangok and all the other pupils with ease. To both Pakku and Katara's annoyance, the same could not be said for Aang, who did not take it very seriously.

I.e. Katara had the talent, will and determination to learn every ounce of waterbending she could from Paku. It's easy to see how she surpassed Aang during their remaining time at the Northern tribe. Aang was only initially good at waterbending because it was similar to air, an element he had mastered. Katara hadn't mastered anything so she had nothing to relate to. It makes perfect sense
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-05 at 02:06 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Can't wait for next episode, I want to know how Tarlokk can bloodbend withought a full moon.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe if Aang wasn't a pacifist then even without the Avatar State he would have destroyed him.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I believe if Aang wasn't a pacifist then even without the Avatar State he would have destroyed him.
    Lol if Aang wasn't who he was (i.e. a pacifist) the entire story would've been completely different, not just his fight with Ozai. Every scenario, every episode, etc would've been different.

Which is why we now have Korra, the polar opposite of what Aang was and we get to see how she deals with restoring balance. Although we're up to the 8th episode and I can't help that extremely nagging feeling that a 13-year-old Aang would've done far better and made far wiser decisions than 17-year-old Korra :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Can't wait for next episode, I want to know how Tarlokk can bloodbend withought a full moon.
    Although I'm excited for the next episode as well, I don't think they'll enlighten us in it about how Tarlock can bloodbend without the use of the full moon. Probably in a later episode, possibly after Korra talks with Katara about it or she has another altercation with Tarlock.

I'm predicting, however, that Beifong is going to save Korra's hide when it comes to getting out of that truck. Just a hunch.

You mean spider-Lin right?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    You mean spider-Lin right?
    Oh yes, spider-Lin. Sorry, almost forgot that amazing picture.

Tenzin Requires pictures of Spider-Lin
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is def something linked between Tarlokk and Amon. Like I said earlier, tarlokk seems to know alot about how the equalists act.....like finding their hidden training camp when amon is usually very careful and secretive. That raid also gave Korra false courage which screwed her over later when she was forced to confront Amon head on......tarlokk was supposed to guard aang island yet Amon snuck thru. Amon also seems to target only bad people, the triads and benders who cheated and abused their powers in the tournament, so far no innocent victims. So tarlokk gains from having gang members snuffed out, plus rises up in political power using scare tactics.

As for bloodbending, I think Yakune is Tarlokk's father since they both seem to be strong bloodbenders. Both prob came from northern water tribe, and I feel like they are either of a pure bloodline that originally mastered bloodbending, or have something to do with those 2 fishes that are the moonspirits, yakune/tarlokk could be the physical form of the male moon spirit, so naturally gifted water benders.

For Amon, I do think him and Tarlokk must have grown up together and had some kind of rivalry or friends turned into enemies. We don't know if Amon can bend an element, but he obviously mastered chi blocking and martial arts. I read that "Amon" is actually a chakra gate as well, the one on the head that he targets to perma block someone. I'm not sure he is brothers with Tarlokk though, prob just friends like Tenzin and lin beifong.

I put this theory out before, but "Amon" could be "Amonk" like a monk.....or Bumi, monk son of Aang. He might be sorta close to spirit world cause he is the avatars son, as well as an air bender which might have something to do with chakra flow, we don't know what advanced or forbidden styles of air bending there are and they are the natural spiritual ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    ...I put this theory out before, but "Amon" could be "Amonk" like a monk.....or Bumi, monk son of Aang. He might be sorta close to spirit world cause he is the avatars son, as well as an air bender which might have something to do with chakra flow, we don't know what advanced or forbidden styles of air bending there are and they are the natural spiritual ones.
    I thought, according to the lineage picture that was brought up several pages back, that Bumi was a non-bender?

Edit: Dug up the picture, it was quite a few pages back!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...CharaSheet.jpg
    Last edited by Hanto; 2012-06-05 at 07:14 PM.

Spoilers alert

found this promo video of the next episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cvjYPXEmjik
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Amon is Tarlokk, calling it now. He probably just wants to be the only bender alive and rule republic city.

I like the story more than the legend of aang (hurray for teenage girl avatars).

Are there written books about avatar since they always say book x chapter y when an episode begins?
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I can't bring myself to hate Tarlokk
    But hes evil, and not even in a good way, hes just a dick.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I sorta agree that Aang was what one would call incredibly overpowered and they made it seem as though airbending could pretty much boot everything else (at the start atleast).
    Well yea, considering everyone alive and fighting at that point would have never fought an Airbender before, they wouldnt know how to counter it and how Aang "fights" (because lets face it, he usually just dodges attacks and gives Katara an opening)