15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Korra cant contact the spirit world because it requires meditating and calmness correct?

Its the same reason why she cant learn airbending, and why contacting the spirits was so easy for Aang.
    Once she learns how to calm herself down contacting the spirits will be easier.
    It looks like she maybe able to do just that in the next episode

SPOILERS!!! TO NOT HIT PLAY IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS!!!!

Being locked up somewhere can do that I guess, She probably should have learned Metal bending and she wouldn't be in this predicament right now.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    But Aang had contacted the spirits before. Korra hasnt D:
    Pretty sure the only times he contacted them before were also situational. Like Hei-bei being in the physical world and it was the winter solstice when he spoke to Roku

I'm just hoping they give Aang a decent voice actor.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I'm just hoping they give Aang a decent voice actor.
    I think it would be funny if he still had a kid voice.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted

longer promo of next weeks episode

I wondered, if water benders can make "air pockets" underwater by bending the water away, wouldn't an air bender be able to do the same thing on land, basicly creating a vacuum = instawin?
    (i know it's not their way of doing stuff but it should be possible no?)

Theoretically an airbender should be able to reduce atmospheric pressure in a large bubble which would collapse the lungs of anyone inside of it if you wanna get gruesome about it.

The fighting really suffers from kids-show-syndrome cause when you think about it boulders crushing people, icicles piercing hearts, fire melting flesh, and tornadoes demolishing cities is what benders are actually capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Theoretically an airbender should be able to reduce atmospheric pressure in a large bubble which would collapse the lungs of anyone inside of it if you wanna get gruesome about it.

The fighting really suffers from kids-show-syndrome cause when you think about it boulders crushing people, icicles piercing hearts, fire melting flesh, and tornadoes demolishing cities is what benders are actually capable of.
    Did you watch the last 2 episodes, 3 out of the 4 listed things almost happened.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Did you watch the last 2 episodes, 3 out of the 4 listed things almost happened.
    Korra managed to punch those icicles without even getting hurt or loosing blood.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    Korra managed to punch those icicles without even getting hurt or loosing blood.
    Not all of them, when she knocked Tarlock into the next room you could see she had quite a few cuts from the ones she couldn't block.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Surface cuts are still pretty minor. Most fights in Avatar end with about as many injuries as a child would have after playing outside. A few scrapes and bruises. But really you can do some pretty fucked up shit if you think about it. Like an 8 inch long icicle embedded in someones esophagus.

But really you can do some pretty fucked up shit if you think about it. Like an 8 inch long icicle embedded in someones esophagus.
    To be fair, even I wouldn't like seeing this happening. For me fights are not the main aspect of this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

A little bit more realistic bending in fights would be cool.
    Playing since 2007.

Yeah! more realistic magic powers.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Yeah! more realistic magic powers.
    This, haha. I mean, sure it makes logical sense that a shard of sharpened ice could pierce someone to kill them... or a blood bender could simply stop the blood from circulating in someone's body. BUT... it is primarily a kids/young teen's show. Things can't be lead to the extremes of upright slaughter.

BESIDES, even if it were allowed, there would probably be one or two characters with the exceptional ability to kill everyone due to extreme mastery of their elemental bending or all bendings (the Avatar). There are things that could be considerably one-shot abilities. Such as.... well, bloodbending. Get a few people like Tarlock, where they can bloodbend without the power of the full moon, and you have a recipe to kill anyone with ease.

Not letting this happen in the show gives some sort of balance to the powers of each type of bending imo.

Deleted
    Well all those extraordinary powers in video games and shows and movies and such can theoretically be used to do various things, but we're telling a story here and overpowering all that stuff and coming up with various sidetricks to make them more deadly doesn't exactly serve that purpose well. Balance ftw.

Remember, Frodo could ride a great eagle, but we wouldn't have a good story otherwise. Let go of logic.

It's not so much that the magic powers are balanced and can't do it's just that it's interesting to consider how it's all held back.

I wouldn't want to see this heinous stuff but it's interesting to consider that these people could do some pretty fucked up things with bending with a little imagination. Tarrlok could have pulled all of Korra's blood out of her body through one of her little cuts. It's fucked up and I wouldn't want to see it but its just interesting that the entire Avatar world holds back that level of gruesomeness.

It just makes me think what the show would be like if it aired back during late night AniMondays on the sci fi channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so much that the magic powers are balanced and can't do it's just that it's interesting to consider how it's all held back.

I wouldn't want to see this heinous stuff but it's interesting to consider that these people could do some pretty fucked up things with bending with a little imagination. Tarrlok could have pulled all of Korra's blood out of her body through one of her little cuts. It's fucked up and I wouldn't want to see it but its just interesting that the entire Avatar world holds back that level of gruesomeness.

It just makes me think what the show would be like if it aired back during late night AniMondays on the sci fi channel.
    Yeah when Tarlok was blood bending Korra I cringed, because the thought crossed through my mind that he could easily snap her neck or kill her in so many gruesome ways.

So, I just finished rewatching TLAB, and man I forgot how truly amazing that series was. LoK is very action packed, and epic, but I kinda miss the mostly laid back attitude of TLAB. Hopefully in the next season, Korra will leave Republic City and we'll get to see the world a little more.

10+ Year Old Account
    As fun as it'd be. It'd make fights a lot more anti-climatic and short