10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    season 2 will be called "Air 2: Air Harder."
    .......wat
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a fake Book 2 name, people have been coming out with those things all over the place. I think the creators might be realizing the less filler mistake. We shall see.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    .......wat
    Its a joke, don't worry. Its really Air 2: Electric Bugaloo
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly defines a filler? Is it when the episode has no relevance to the main plot? But if that was a case atleast half of ATLA's episodes would be deemed fillers and you would have to throw out a lot of character development as well. Those episodes gave us a deep understand and attached us to the characters.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-21 at 05:29 PM.

What exactly defines a filler? Is it when the episode has no relevance to the main plot? But if that was a case atleast half of ATLA's episodes would be deemed fillers and you would have to throw out a lot of character development as well. Those episodes gave us a deep understand and attached us to the characters.
    Yeah, but episodes like the great divide did not.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but episodes like the great divide did not.
    ...true. Still, fillers help with pacing and ATLA had genius pacing.

Since we're watching Korra in 1 week gaps, it makes sense to get our 25 minute dose of meth because we've been waiting that long. But if someone was to watch a whole season of episodes in one sitting they would overdose on the meth!

Hmm I like this analogy >_<
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-21 at 05:38 PM.

Filler episodes/arcs have either none-existent or tangential links to the overarching story (so they can contain a single scene that is connected to the main plot, but not a main story). If the character development from a story is linked to the overarching story (like with the headband and the painted lady), it is not true filler.

That makes the full list of true filler episodes: the great divide, the fortuneteller, avatar day, tales of ba sing se, the runaway and the ember island players (notice the gradual increase in quality :P)
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Actually the fortune teller connects to Korra kind of and I actually really liked all those episodes except the great divide.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought fillers (even The Great Divide) necessary. The reason for this is it shows their travel and experiences, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen enough of Republic City or the United Republic itself. See for me this show should have been based around Republic City with things around it as well.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 12:13 PM ----------

For example, The Great Divide showed us Aang using his problem solving as the Avatar to be useful since he solved the problem at the end. Avatar Day was useful in the fact that it showed one of Aang's past lives Kyoshi. I even that as a proper episode. Filler I personally think is like side quests in Skyrim, there is so much to see or know, why not see it or know it.
    Hey everyone

All I have to say is Avatar the last airbender > The legend of Korra

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alex9121 View Post
    All I have to say is Avatar the last airbender > The legend of Korra
    My issue with this saying is that Korra is still in the works and not fully released yet, ATLA is. Korra is a tad bit rushed and I hope the creators see this mistake... Overall still fantastic.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I thought fillers (even The Great Divide) necessary. The reason for this is it shows their travel and experiences, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen enough of Republic City or the United Republic itself. See for me this show should have been based around Republic City with things around it as well.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 12:13 PM ----------

For example, The Great Divide showed us Aang using his problem solving as the Avatar to be useful since he solved the problem at the end. Avatar Day was useful in the fact that it showed one of Aang's past lives Kyoshi. I even that as a proper episode. Filler I personally think is like side quests in Skyrim, there is so much to see or know, why not see it or know it.
    Well I think we might see more filler since after Korra deals with Amon this weekend, there will be more time for her to do shit around the world and in republic city.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think we might see more filler since after Korra deals with Amon this weekend, there will be more time for her to do shit around the world and in republic city.
    I hope so, I sure hope so.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Madeupfriend View Post
    So, I have a question.

Just finished watching the first Avatar series with the girlfriend and we loved it. Thinking about watching the new series but the question I have is if the new Avatar series dwarfs the character of the old series. Is the new Avatar so unbelievably strong that it makes Aang look like a chump? Do her companions out skill Aangs old companions by a very large amount?

I'd like to start watching this series but idk if I could enjoy it if it tries to one up the old character and make them irrelevant.
    Different personalities. Aang was a pacifist, his fighting methods involved him dodging and keeping the baddies occupied long enough for someone else to finish them off. (Usually Katara or Boomerang).

Korra is a lot stronger, but she lacks the ability to access situations. Shes sort of like a bull in a china shop, she deals a lot of damage but just doesnt think.

Just making sure i didnt miss anything
    the latest released episode up to this point is still the one with the "general" at the end, right?

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Different personalities. Aang was a pacifist, his fighting methods involved him dodging and keeping the baddies occupied long enough for someone else to finish them off. (Usually Katara or Boomerang).

Korra is a lot stronger, but she lacks the ability to access situations. Shes sort of like a bull in a china shop, she deals a lot of damage but just doesnt think.
    When the little pacifist entered avatar state, he was freaking Hulk.

I cant wait to see what Korra will be like when she enters hers
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Just making sure i didnt miss anything
    the latest released episode up to this point is still the one with the "general" at the end, right?

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 07:38 PM ----------

When the little pacifist entered avatar state, he was freaking Hulk.

I cant wait to see what Korra will be like when she enters hers
    Aang counldnt control it. Korra wont be able to control it. Im assuming she will go Hulk untill she can control it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I agree with this, I love the dark tone of korra but if they would have used the original cast but older like the flash backs I think the show would have been much better.
    Why?

10char
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem as I have already said about ATLA>LoK is that LoK is not a finished series unlike ATLA.
    Hey everyone

Aang counldnt control it. Korra wont be able to control it. Im assuming she will go Hulk untill she can control it.
    I have no doubts she will be the She-hulk. What im wondering is whether she will be a bigger hulk than Aang or not
    We dream, we dream.

15+ Year Old Account
    A bit off-topic but that myth was busted by-the-way.