10+ Year Old Account
    Why am i just finding this thread...
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ The irony!
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

the only thing i disliked about the new series was she got her powers back so easily was hoping the next season would be about her going around trying to get them back or something O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the only thing i disliked about the new series was she got her powers back so easily was hoping the next season would be about her going around trying to get them back or something O-O
    That would make the wait till the next season so much more agonizing...
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    der iz no azula yaoi :<

I'd totally have Zuko yaoi images but I don't like any pairing with him.
    Well then, get too it Muzual. :P
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    zuko x zuko?

selfcest is good
    Well ummm, how about you just get a Zuko picture somewhere.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account

may be no azula yaoi, but I'm sure there is azula yuri, hell I'm sure there is a trap azula/zuko somewhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Remember she had also magically learned air-bending out of sheer frustration and panic, as opposed to inner peace and serenity...it was a bit of a "oh noooo my friends are getting pwned, I better punch and kick the air like a drunk boxer and make wind come out" and lo' was it so. I guess circular Bagua movements (which air bending style was based on) are for pussies, real air benders like Korra use regular firebending kicks and punches.

Also not only did she get her powers back, she gained full control of the avatar state (eyes flash temporarily at will) AND automatically learned energy-bending so all the damage the villains had done could be un-done in no time. Oh and the villains killed themselves.

This all happened in a span of ~10-15 minutes.

It's an ancient story-writing technique known by many writers as "pulling it out of your ass" and pretty much threw water over all of Season 1 for me, although the water was already creeping up when I discovered I was hating Korra (as a character) more and more by each episode for being such a clueless useless angry angsty tool. Yeah it was supposed to be part of her character to be a spontaneous teenager who doesn't think before doing anything and fucks up a LOT, but I still found that as a character she was extremely unlikable. The final episode was the nail in her coffin, she got rewarded for essentially doing nothing. Everything just happens around her.

Something HAS to be wrong when I watched most of Season 1 thinking "PLEASE show me more flashbacks of what happened to the characters I grew to love, enough of this Korra bitch". The black-and-white flashbacks were by far the most entertaining and interesting bits of the show, and what's more is that I think the writers KNEW IT. It's no wonder they used flashbacks so carefully and in moderation, like burying tasty cherries into a massive bland cake so we have to swallow all the crap to get to the good bits.

The humor factor also felt incredibly forced with 80% of the comedic attempts ending with someone looking sarcastic/serious...you know, that look Tenzin has on his face all the time. The light-heated genuinely funny humor from ATLA is completely absent...but I guess that too was part of this show, it was supposed to be void of humor.

Now that all of Season 1's plot lines are nicely tied-up and easily forgotten, I hope Season 2 can show us Korra building up more character and personality.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-12-08 at 11:46 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account

doesn't matter anyway

everyone knows it's zuko x honor all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    doesn't matter anyway

everyone knows it's zuko x honor all the way
    > I must regain my honor by capturing the avatar
    > I must regain my honor by defeating my father
    > I must regain my honor by finding my mother
    > I must regain my honor by getting MORE FLASHBACKS IN KORRA EPISODES PLS

10+ Year Old Account
    >> I hope he DOES find his mother... I mean, the books have certainly left us at an interesting cliffhanger. Totally wasn't expecting that ending...

10+ Year Old Account
    The books to me (think I've states this a few times) destroyed in an instant a lot of the plot character development throughout the show that was made. Aang wouldn't kill Zuko, he would just take his bending away. It's all a bit weird to read for me.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    The books to me (think I've states this a few times) destroyed in an instant a lot of the plot character development throughout the show that was made. Aang wouldn't kill Zuko, he would just take his bending away. It's all a bit weird to read for me.
    i think it was more along the lines of him feeling pressured to fulfill that promise, just about everyone was trying to encourage him. It was also a thing of him trying to fulfill his friend's request regardless of what he may believe, and Zuko didn't want to live like his father or have to live with whatever mistakes he may have made.

plus even if he did take Zuko's bending, he still would be firelord, that only worked with Ozai because he wasn't considered the firelord at that time. (plus, war prisoners work)
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Err...this has probably been asked a lot, but are the books considered canon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Err...this has probably been asked a lot, but are the books considered canon?
    Absolutely, and IIRC they are from the same writers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    Absolutely, and IIRC they are from the same writers.
    It's written by Gene Yang.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    This show kept my interest for a bit but I thought it handled the avatar's personal "growth" quite poorly. Loved the whole early industrial setting but they didn't exploit the steampunk genre nearly as well as they should have, in my opinion. Meh... Neat idea but it felt like it was suffering from poor writing. Like they didn't really know what to "do" with Korra.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Remember she had also magically learned air-bending out of sheer frustration and panic, as opposed to inner peace and serenity...it was a bit of a "oh noooo my friends are getting pwned, I better punch and kick the air like a drunk boxer and make wind come out" and lo' was it so. I guess circular Bagua movements (which air bending style was based on) are for pussies, real air benders like Korra use regular firebending kicks and punches.

Also not only did she get her powers back, she gained full control of the avatar state (eyes flash temporarily at will) AND automatically learned energy-bending so all the damage the villains had done could be un-done in no time. Oh and the villains killed themselves.

This all happened in a span of ~10-15 minutes.
    Lol, you made my 10 minutes. That was funny because it's so accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    This show kept my interest for a bit but I thought it handled the avatar's personal "growth" quite poorly. Loved the whole early industrial setting but they didn't exploit the steampunk genre nearly as well as they should have, in my opinion. Meh... Neat idea but it felt like it was suffering from poor writing. Like they didn't really know what to "do" with Korra.
    yeah they did kinda flub the characters, but i would say that's due to everything they tried to shove into 12 episodes. (they really should have extended it a bit.) hopefully this will be fixed by season 2 (can't wait)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think (or at least hope) that Season 2 will bring more character development to Korra and all of the characters really. I wouldn't mind at all if they decided to use Book 2 to set up the villain and work on some real character development to create suspense for Book 3.