Poll: Who should be the new warchief?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Who Should Replace Garrosh Hellscream As Warchief? (With Guidelines)

With the ONLY person who was going to make the Horde Doomhammer-esque again, gone, That leads us to the question of who should replace him, as Warchief?
    The only Canidates I can think of are:

Thrall-Yuck! Can we get this horribly written Mary Sue out of the story already? He was cool in Warcraft: III but now he's an unfallible, Mary Sue, waste of space and oxygen.

Eitrigg-Old but still a well respected member of the horde.

Varok Saurfang-Again old, but a VERY well respected member of the horde

Who do you think will take up the reigns?

Here are the guidelines:

-must be an orc (none of this Vol'Jin nonsense)

-Must already have an established reputation within the world (no new character who's barely groomed for the position by the time MoP comes to a close)

**This thread is for serious discussion ONLY. If you want to joke around and say Vol'Jin or Basic Campfire, remove yourself from this thread and take yourself to the other one**

GANNON! Oh please, oh please!

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does it have to be an orc? Perhaps we're entering a new era where other races could be accepted. Vol'jin is a strong candidate for "been here like, forever".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    Why does it have to be an orc? Perhaps we're entering a new era where other races could be accepted. Vol'jin is a strong candidate for "been here like, forever".
    Would you as a human being, be thrilled to have a member of another race, lead YOU and YOUR PEOPLE?

I Don't think the orcs would be too happy about it either, plus it makes no sense...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Would you as a human being, be thrilled to have a member of another race, lead YOU and YOUR PEOPLE?

I Don't think the orcs would be too happy about it either, plus it makes no sense...
    The Horde is more than just the orcs. The trolls and tauren were at the foundation of the new Horde just as much as the orcs. A Forsaken, Blood Elf, or even Goblin leader would be a far stretch, but troll and tauren not so much.

Deleted

thatsracism.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    The Horde is more than just the orcs. The trolls and tauren were at the foundation of the new Horde just as much as the orcs. A Forsaken, Blood Elf, or even Goblin leader would be a far stretch, but troll and tauren not so much.
    This.

If they make another Orc leader, I'm going Alliance. Would be a complete waste of a good story moment for the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    For what it is worth please no Thrall or Vol'jin. Saurfang would be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Camp Fire for Warchief.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they already said Thrall would take his place again as the Warchief. So, I'm voting Thrallllllll!

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of everything unholy it better not be Thrall.
    I'd like to see Vol'jin as Warchief

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Uh, wait...
    Look at it from the outlook of the other races. You think the night elves are fine with a human king? Wait, they are? Hmmm...

15+ Year Old Account
    In all seriousness, my vote goes to Vol'jin.

The orcs can have their own orcish leader, with Vol'jin leading the Horde as a whole. Just like currently, an orc leads the Horde as a whole with each race having its own racial leader.

Sig by Isilrien

Vol'jin would definately be my first choice, would give the trolls a little bit more chance in the light (and he BETTER be the one who leads the horde side of the seige of orgrimarr). Varok would be my second choice.

With the ONLY person who was going to make the Horde Doomhammer-esque again, gone, That leads us to the question of who should replace him, as Warchief?
    The only Canidates I can think of are:

Thrall-Yuck! Can we get this horribly written Mary Sue out of the story already? He was cool in Warcraft: III but now he's an unfallible, Mary Sue, waste of space and oxygen.

Eitrigg-Old but still a well respected member of the horde.

Varok Saurfang-Again old, but a VERY well respected member of the horde

Who do you think will take up the reigns?

Here are the guidelines:

-must be an orc (none of this Vol'Jin nonsense)

-Must already have an established reputation within the world (no new character who's barely groomed for the position by the time MoP comes to a close)

**This thread is for serious discussion ONLY. If you want to joke around and say Vol'Jin or Basic Campfire, remove yourself from this thread and take yourself to the other one**
    Well first, My vote went to Saurfang. Here's why:

- Thrall - He's off being the new Aspect of Earth and being with his pregnant wife. He dropped the mantle of warchief and embraced being a neutral shaman altogether. So he is out.
    - Eitrigg - You haven't really seen much of whatever it is he does. Plus if I recall, he's a shaman. And I doubt shamans want that mantle, if we go by what brought thrall to drop the mantle of warchief to begin with.
    - Varok Saurfang - Really he's the only logical choice. He tried his best to teach Garrosh to be a respectable leader. He warned in Northrend, if Garrosh crosses the line and becomes a threat to the stability of the horde and dishonors the horde by slaying innocents, he would slay him himself. Well thanks to Garrosh, we have a huge crater in stonetalon from a general he appointed and gave permission to make such a bomb that reduced a school of druid children into that crater. Thanks to Garrosh, Cairne is dead. The Trolls are thinking of leaving the horde. He is trying to wipe the night elves out and take over all of their ancestral lands they have had for over 10,000 years, and broke the treaty with the alliance. He also authorized the invasion of Gilneas by Sylvanas, when the Gilneans did nothing to warrant the invasion by the forsaken.

So with all those facts together, and whatever war crimes Garrosh commits in Pandaria, Varok really is the only logical choice for warchief. Especially if after Pandaria, we get a naga/burning legion expansion. The horde needs a leader that will work with the alliance. My prediction for the alliance version:

Varok goes to Stormwind to speak with King Varian. He tells the king that the horde is fractured to the point he is unable to organize them. So he requests the alliance aid in seiging Orgrimmar to take out the warchief so that he himself, can lead the horde on a more honorable path. Varian seeing the opportunity to end the war with the horde, and possibly establish finally, a real peace treaty like what Jaina always wanted, accepts and the alliance players are sent to see to it that Varok gets into Orgrimmar and Garrosh's head is returned to stormwind.

The Horde version prediction will be similar. Only Varok goes to Silvermoon City, explains what happened with Garrosh and seeing as the trolls and tauren no longer trust the orcs and the forsaken are too risky, the elf king agrees and organizes the horde heroes to aid in slaying Garrosh. Naturally, to make up for the loss of cairne, Garrosh's head is given to Baine as penance for his father. Boom, relationship with the tauren and trolls is restored.

I think it's time for Alleria to finally find her way back to Azeroth. She would be an absolutely epic leader for the horde.

And seeing the state of her people after so many years away, not to mention the state of her sister and the forsaken. I can't imagine she wouldn't want the chance to step in and take controll of the situation.

Naturally there would need to be some build-up to this. But there's clearly a whole lot of story that needs to be told before we reach the point where we are taking down garosh anyway. Plenty of time.
    Last edited by FiveOneTwo; 2012-03-19 at 09:07 AM.

Lets close this thread too, it's announced that thrall will be new/old warchief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PaM1T884Dw

at 11:00 guy from Blizzard said "The lot of horde players are really excited to help reinstate Thrall as a Horde warchief"
    Last edited by Munjica; 2012-03-19 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    As long as it's not Thrall or Voljin (or any other non-orc) I'm good.

They're gonna have a very hard time putting someone in place with the "charisma" of Hellscream though. Most others would appear like faceless / historyless figures.
    Varok though, is very much liked by both horde and alliance players. Almost as much as Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Uh, wait...
    Look at it from the outlook of the other races. You think the night elves are fine with a human king? Wait, they are? Hmmm...
    what you said just blew my mind...
    please think for a second... humans are led by Varian Wrynn, gnomes by Gelbin Mekkatorque, dwarfes atm by a council because he got himself crystalized like a tit
    Nelfs are led by Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion Stormrage and the dreanei by Prophet Velen

it is an alliance not a dictatorship... every racial leader has his/her say for there own people
    so no... you as a Nelf are not led by Varian

you are being led by Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion Stormrage who are in turn led by Varian
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

Have they really set a time-line as to when MoP will take place after Cata? Because Cata takes place several years after Wrath, its conceivable that MoP will do the same.
    Considering that, Thrall and Aggra could have a son who is a teenager, or near that age. During some point in MoP Thrall could see what Garrosh is doing to the Horde and the world itself and confront him about it. Garrosh calls him weak and a pitiful excuse for a Orc and slays him in front of Aggra and his son. This could be the last straw after all the slaughter he has unleashed, and what turns the "remainder" of the Horde against him, settin the last patch/raid into motion.
    Upon Garrosh's death, they could name Thrall's son, or Aggra as Warchief.

Doing this could lead into a storyline (for a post-MoP 6.0 patch) prior to the next expansion.
    Sylvannas has been plotting for a while to seize more power. So at this point, Baine is a fairly strong leader, but I dont think he'd be willing to run the whole horde. No one cares about the Goblin Prince or the Blood Elf King(whose name nobody remembers or cares about), so she could see this as her opportunity to try to take control of the Horde and expand the Forsaken ranks. Could lead to more "political turmoil" for the Horde.
    Just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN3R View Post
    what you said just blew my mind...
    please think for a second... humans are led by Varian Wrynn, gnomes by Gelbin Mekkatorque, dwarfes atm by a council because he got himself crystalized like a tit
    Nelfs are led by Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion Stormrage and the dreanei by Prophet Velen

it is an alliance not a dictatorship... every racial leader has his/her say for there own people
    so no... you as a Nelf are not led by Varian
    Varian is definitely the faction leader.