Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

All dungeon names at release MoP

I think these are all the dungeons we will see at Mists of pandaria launch.

Shado-Pan Monastery
    Temple of the Jade Serpent
    Scarlet Halls
    Scarlet Monastery
    Scholomance
    Gate of the Setting Sun
    Siege of Niuzao Temple
    Palace of the Heavens
    Stormstout Brewery

All those names came from the MoP gearlist on the frontpage.

Excited to try them out. Especially SM and Scholo. I personally enjoy the revamped old dungeons.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

sad that Lilian Voss became a scholo boss, but oh well. Sounds interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    sad that Lilian Voss became a scholo boss, but oh well. Sounds interesting to say the least.
    When we heard of the revamped dungeons I thought for sure she would be the main boss in SM. Good to see her in the story in Scholo though. She was a very interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    When we heard of the revamped dungeons I thought for sure she would be the main boss in SM. Good to see her in the story in Scholo though. She was a very interesting character.
    As far as I got it Gandling is still the main boss in Scholo.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Hopefully his fight remains the same to an extent. That fight was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Hopefully his fight remains the same to an extent. That fight was fun!
    They said that he still teleports you to the various rooms, so it'll be very much like the old one.

WHAT??? They are continuing the Lilian Voss storyline?? I am now even more excited...I always wondered what happened to her!

They said that he still teleports you to the various rooms, so it'll be very much like the old one.
    Awesome! Thanks for the info Wariofan!

P.S. Wario is awesome.

I am kinda sick of revamped old dungeon but it's fine new dungeons look awesome anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    WHAT??? They are continuing the Lilian Voss storyline?? I am now even more excited...I always wondered what happened to her!

Apparently the fight deals with "her" and "her soul". The achivement that gives the hint she is now in Scholo is http://www.wowdb.com/achievements/6398-soul-savior.

we already have Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I see, she's just in there as filler. So many people saw her becoming the new Lich Queen when Sylvanas inevitably dies, that Blizz had to kill her off somehow.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to the continuation of her storyline - having played through it as Forsaken a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Not nearly enough new 5-man content IMO. Blizz is, once again, being incredibly lazy. And it's going to bite them in the ass.
    Okay so lets do the math, theres 7 non heroics, that'll have heroic modes when you hit 90 so, thats 7x2 = 14 + the 2 heroic onlys = 16 total dungeons and launch. I believe thats pretty damn good FOR LAUNCH.

They also said I think, 3? 4? Raids at launch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    Okay so lets do the math, theres 7 non heroics, that'll have heroic modes when you hit 90 so, thats 7x2 = 14 + the 2 heroic onlys = 16 total dungeons and launch. I believe thats pretty damn good FOR LAUNCH.

They also said I think, 3? 4? Raids at launch as well.
    Scarlet Halls sounds like its just one of the Scarlet Monestaries. I could be wrong, but I also heard a quote on 6 new dungeons so I believe thats the 3rd rehash with heroic only mode in this expansion. So its really 6 new and 9 heroics so 15 total. Compare to BC with 15 new dungeons, and 15 heroics its a joke. Compared to WOTLK with 12 new dungeons and 12 new heroics is still much less content. Compared to Cataclysm with 9 heroics and 7 new dungeons its still less but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Different difficulty modes does not equate to content in my eyes, otherwise you may as well be playing Devil May Cry for the rest of your life since most games in the series have like 7 difficulty modes.

I am pleased with the amount of raid content they're putting out, I just wish Blizzard would actually give us more to do as far as 5 man content goes. Challenge modes and Heroic modes are not enough IMO, all they do is put us through the same environments and bosses with a slightly different spin. I want to see new locales, new enemies, etc.. You know, like most games that you pay for.

Let's look at what we got in expansions at launch in the past:

http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Burning_...ances_by_level

15 at launch for BC, all with Heroic modes.

Now let's look at WotLK:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Wrath_of_the...ances_by_level

Not as many, but still more than MoP.

It's obvious that 5 man content is not Blizzard's focus with MoP, but 7 new dungeons is still disappointingly low. I can tell you right now, players love their 5 mans. And Bliz is going to lose even more subscribers (I'm going to go ahead and predict another 2 million dropped by the end of this year) due to other competition and players getting bored with running the same 5 mans over and over.

You also have half the levels. Stop comparing a 10 level expansion to 5 level expansions. 5 level expansions will have less dungeons in them (but hopefully not less raids) due to the fact that you are only leveling up 5 times instead of the normal 10. In fact, being a 5 level expansion, this is getting exactly half the 5-mans that TBC got.

Don't get me wrong. I love 5-mans and dungeons to death and i level mostly from doing just 5-mans. It's just I don't expect Blizzard to give us the same amount of content since that's what they said; Smaller, but faster, expansions. Don't expect smaller (but faster) expansions to have the same amount of 5mans as the longer but bigger expansions had.

You also have half the levels. Stop comparing a 10 level expansion to 5 level expansions. 5 level expansions will have less dungeons in them (but hopefully not less raids) due to the fact that you are only leveling up 5 times instead of the normal 10. In fact, being a 5 level expansion, this is getting exactly half the 5-mans that TBC got.

Don't get me wrong. I love 5-mans and dungeons to death and i level mostly from doing just 5-mans. It's just I don't expect Blizzard to give us the same amount of content since that's what they said; Smaller, but faster, expansions. Don't expect smaller (but faster) expansions to have the same amount of 5mans as the longer but bigger expansions had.
    Two problems here:

1) Why is it OK to have "less dungeons" but not "less raids"? So what if there's only 5 levels? Maybe they could've stuck in 2 or 3 dungeons (NOT revamped ones) that were end-game only, just like you're saying about raids.

2) Yeah, half the levels - smaller but faster expansions - and we're still paying the same price for them as we did with BC.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like what Pandaria is offering so far dungeon-wise and ESPECIALLY overworld/optional wise. I'm hoping that all the optional content on the overworld will make up for the loss of a few 5 mans/raids. But as a consumer, I must keep "tally" of what I am actually purchasing to know that I'm getting my money's worth - particularly in this day of age with Economic woes around every corner...

That's part of it, but not all of it. TBC and WotLK had dungeon hubs, each with multiple dungeons that shared a theme, as well as some amount of art and assets. The Auchindoun dungeons in TBC, just as an example, were basically all the same place, with different mobs standing in different spots sure, but the level of reuse was high. In Cata they abandoned that approach and started making 5 mans entirely distinct from one another. So what we're seeing with the low number of 5 mans is an emphasis of quality over quantity, less asset reuse and more original stuff.