Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch March 23rd

Originally Posted by SWTOR

Hi everyone,

We will be bringing down servers for four hours on March 23rd, 2012 from 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/7AM GMT/8AM CET/6PM AEDT) until 6AM CDT (4AM PDT/7AM EDT/11AM GMT/12PM CET/10PM AEDT) to deploy a patch. All game servers will be offline during this period, and the deployment is expected to take no more than four hours.

Upcoming Patch

Date: Thursday, March 23rd, 2012

Time: 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/7AM GMT/8AM CET/6PM AEDT) to 6AM CDT (4AM PDT/7AM EDT/11AM GMT/12PM CET/10PM AEDT)

All game servers will be offline during this period. This deployment is expected to take no more than four hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

(source)

No info on what the patch will actually contain yet.

maybe it'll be a patch to fix my latency

considering its been off and on really high for the past couple of days.dunno if other people are getting it or just me cuz it could be my crappy isp

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Given the fact that there is another free weekend starting, it might be something to reinitialize that capability or specific advancement blocks on their servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe it`s SURPRIIIIIIIIISE 1.2 !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Given the fact that there is another free weekend starting, it might be something to reinitialize that capability or specific advancement blocks on their servers.
    Wait, this weekend is another free weekend?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    maybe it`s SURPRIIIIIIIIISE 1.2 !
    Given that they just patched 1.2 on the PTS with some updates and that there are still bugs, I doubt we'll see it coming out. Even then, it would likely be pushed with the usual Tuesday updates.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wait, this weekend is another free weekend?
    Yep, starting today.

http://www.swtor.com/weekendpass

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably has something to do with the free weekend. Tuesday's patch said something about correcting access for the free weekend players, which sounded to me like maybe a few still had game access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, gives any who missed last weekend a chance to try it again. I am impressed with how proactive EA BioWare has been trial-wise.

Sigh. Free weekends make sub-50 WZ's so fucking awful. And forget about rolling an alt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Sigh. Free weekends make sub-50 WZ's so fucking awful. And forget about rolling an alt
    "Newbs" can be frustrating at times but we were all newbs at one point or another. While some servers may be getting crowded, TOR needs to keep fresh blood coming in and "free" trials are one of the most effective ways of doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    "Newbs" can be frustrating at times but we were all newbs at one point or another. While some servers may be getting crowded, TOR needs to keep fresh blood coming in and "free" trials are one of the most effective ways of doing it.
    It's true

Without new blood the game would never see more people come in. It's nice to have some newbies come in all doe-eyed. :P
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Given that they just patched 1.2 on the PTS with some updates and that there are still bugs, I doubt we'll see it coming out. Even then, it would likely be pushed with the usual Tuesday updates.
    Also I doubt 1.2 will only take 4 hours to patch...

I hope it's not large. I went over my bandwidth again and it takes forever to download anything now .

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    It's true

Without new blood the game would never see more people come in. It's nice to have some newbies come in all doe-eyed. :P
    Yeah sure if they were.

From what I have seen with the last one, free weekends are just a flood from "other" mmo's. I would say 5 out of 10 ppl are genuinely interested in swtor, and the other half are just there to troll, talk shit, and try their hardest to make the game as unfun as they can while they are around.

I would have no problem with new blood. The problem is it's poisoned blood.

Maybe I am just too cynical :/

Originally Posted by SWTOR

1.2 will not be released in the upcoming maintenance, but you can hop onto the Public Test Server to check it out! We'll be releasing updates to PTS as we prepare to move 1.2 to live servers, and we'll let you know when 1.2 will be live as soon as we can.

(Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why they keep doing free weekends? Are they struggling with population? It seems like quite a few people enjoy it. I even have an account. Its a great game.
    Originally Posted by Rukah

It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayin'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    I wonder why they keep doing free weekends? Are they struggling with population? It seems like quite a few people enjoy it. I even have an account. Its a great game.
    Well according to John's own comments, it appears that TOR's subscription base plateaued around 1.7 million even before the end of January. Once your numbers start "settling," one of the most effective ways to keep fresh blood coming in is to offer "free" trials in order to reach the segment of the market that was unwilling to purchase but are still interested enough to try the game if given the opportunity.

The two comments in question can be found at:
    With a solid launch of Star Wars online game, EA investors can breathe a sigh of relief
    Electronic Arts reveals new Mass Effect 3 and Star Wars online numbers

Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    I think its obvious they are doint anything to attract more and more subs.
    I am just not sure they're doing it because its successful or because they are desperate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    I think its obvious they are doint anything to attract more and more subs.
    I am just not sure they're doing it because its successful or because they are desperate
    Probably a bit of both. EA needs to get off its butt and put TOR in China, Korea, Taiwan, and Japan long before MoP hits or they could be in trouble gaining traction there.

Although it leads to nubs in Warzones for 10-49 PVP, I welcome all the newcomers. More people is always good for an MMO regardless.

Now if only I could get them to roll on my server to bump the population up >.>