Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    If you look, every class has significantly lower weapon damage modifiers on skills.
    Backstab is one of the exceptions as the weapon damage has been increased. Hemo does 100% of weapon damage, so why is Sinister Strike doing 90% of weapon damage???

I cant be the only person who noticed the change of [cut to the chase] from being eviscerate and envenom to just eviscerate. If that's not a typo then that means assassination will have to use eviscerate now.... Please tell me that's a typo..

we stealth better temporarily and get a rbg buff, yeah.. i feel cheated. locks get diff models for their pets which also makes them stronger and gives them a new ability/2 pets at once, palys, priests and mages get some cool new stuff, druids at least get 4 specs, shamans get Ascendance, dks get an ability from the LICH KING and yeah only hunters share are lack of interesting new abilities
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Backstab is one of the exceptions as the weapon damage has been increased. Hemo does 100% of weapon damage, so why is Sinister Strike doing 90% of weapon damage???
    Yeah I noticed that, it is a bit strange. But I really doubt that sub will be our only viable spec. Historically, rogues have almost always had two or more competitive specs, and I doubt it'll be any different this expansion. Just because backstab has a higher weapon damage modifier, doesn't mean it'll be the end-all spec and do more dps than the other specs. If you look at current logs sub rogues already do more damage with their main attack than any other spec, and they aren't that far ahead.

Also, looking at the talents and abilities, it seems like if combat has viable dps it will be the spec to use. Able to take Shadowstep without a dps loss, Bandit's Guile no longer fading when switching, our cleave was nerfed a bit but it'll still probably be the best in the game, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xikem View Post
    I cant be the only person who noticed the change of [cut to the chase] from being eviscerate and envenom to just eviscerate. If that's not a typo then that means assassination will have to use eviscerate now.... Please tell me that's a typo..
    i noticed this as well, unless there is a big change to assassination rotation then this is probably going to ruin dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatik View Post
    i noticed this as well, unless there is a big change to assassination rotation then this is probably going to ruin dps.
    Probebly not. Since you won't be using instant poison anymore.

Every melee ability has a lower wd% coefficient because the raw damage of the weapon is being raised/changed:

- to balance low level PvP
    - to make weapons much more meaningful loot - especially for PvP since they will have a lower ilvl so they can keep the damage on par with PvE weapons and use the rest of the budget on other stats (PvP stats will be free in the item budget)

TL;DR version:
    from 100wd * 200%coefficient we pass to 200wd*100%coefficient.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Honor Among Thieves: When any player in your party or raid critically hits with a spell or ability, you gain a combo point on your current target. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds, and cannot occur while you are stealthed.
    Not so many interesting changes for rogues so far and little things being removed there and there...we will see how it goes in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, won't change anything really. Except that baddies vs baddies can't recup to full anymore using HaT CP.

Quote Originally Posted by Xikem View Post
    My understanding is that the tooltip reads eviscerate when you are in combat or sub spec, but reads envenom when you are in assassination spec. Can anyone else confirm this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimitsu View Post
    My understanding is that the tooltip reads eviscerate when you are in combat or sub spec, but reads envenom when you are in assassination spec. Can anyone else confirm this?
    Heared about that. I cannot confirm, however.

Confirmed. Probably it's a way to make the game understand that CttC is working with a finisher, otherwise it would generate a "null" reference or some kind of this issue.

Reading last news, the more interesting thing is the new Combat Potency. With an increased % to proc with slower weapons (read: proc normalization), i think they're opening the road to double slow weapon for combat. In fact, now we're tied to a fast weapon due to DP and combat potency being a fixed %...

/discuss

As you indicate, they have to change this skill to also increase DP procs for slow weapons, to be viable single target.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    As you indicate, they have to change this skill to also increase DP procs for slow weapons, to be viable single target.
    Now that i'm thinking about it, also mastery would be affected by this - anyway definitely an interesting change.

Deleted
    Double slow weapons for Combat would push Killing Spree really nice.
    Anyway I'm glad to see some changes... so the rogues aren't abandonded

But how slow are rogue off hands going to be ?? like 2.6 slow or like slightly quicker 1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by unfleshed View Post
    But how slow are rogue off hands going to be ?? like 2.6 slow or like slightly quicker 1.5?
    I believe they weren't intending on making anything faster than 1.8 daggers to begin with.

So you'd have the choice of a Fast (1.8) OH, or a Slow (2.6) OH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really like someone to try out some things as Assassination on beta (PvP)

1) With Subterfuge, if you open, can you be targeted/seen? (I assume seen) for the 3 seconds you're doing your thing?
    2) Leeching Poison doesn't give a solid duration it poisons the target for. How long is it, and how is the healing from it stacking up? Since it only heals you from "weapon strikes".
    3) Shadowstep..getting better..still needs a little work, maybe reduce the cooldown by 4 seconds liek before. (seriously, wat?) This wasn't a question... This is working as intended. Moving on.
    4) Paralytic Poison..DR with other stuns/our own stuns? Or are they using Frost Mage logic and utilizing the "Proc DR" like Cone and barrier were on.
    5) Blindside. Does Dispatch still require its energy cost? I'll assume it does, just want confirmation.
    6) Overall, how is the damage output of Assassination feeling, compared to Subtlety and Combat?
    7) Swiftblade's Cunning. (Not Assassination specific) Is the 10% melee haste buffing our energy regeneration, or was it a rumor?

Thank you in advance for answers.

When the hell can we expect beta videos of new rogue skills being used like they have in the hunter forums? Not that there is many new ones out there, but still they'd be nice to see.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!