Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    That's another reason to prefer the free opener as assa - bleeding up with no energy cost, and you can set up the cycle extremely easy.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Looks like just about every ability got a damage increase

Liking the FoK glyph

I think an interesting benefit of Anticipation would be to grant the Rogue a charged-up finisher with their extra 5 points. I.e. 10 point SnD or Recup, 10 pt KShot, Evis, etc.

Would be nuts > would have to have one hell of a cooldown, though. Would love to see a 15 year stun from my KS.

Here's a thought that I've not seen mention but I've considered: The change to revealing strike implicitly buffs the legendary proc for combat (cause it will make all 6 finishers buffed, instead of 1 at most). This will increase damage of evis spam by 27-35%. Not really relevant at level 90, but interesting for v5.0 at level 85.

I've had the same thought, but really haven't cared since that transition usually only lasts a week.

And by a week, you mean 1-2 months. 4.0 was released about 6 weeks before cata went live.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    And by a week, you mean 1-2 months. 4.0 was released about 6 weeks before cata went live.
    Yeah, more or less. Some last farming to test new mechanics and get people used to them, a somewhat long transition event and maybe a filler istance/raid.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Really? Hmm, guess my memory is pretty shitty then. I could've sworn it didn't last very long =/ My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Really? Hmm, guess my memory is pretty shitty then. I could've sworn it didn't last very long =/ My bad.
    Ya, 4.0 was released, then a couple weeks later the shattering happened (1-60 revamp went live), then cata came out a few weeks after that.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_4.0

4.0.1: 10/12/10
    4.0.1a: 10/28/10
    4.0.3: 11/16/10
    4.0.3a: 11/23/10
    Cata went live: 12/07/10

So just short of two months with the 4.0 changes.

Anyhow, beta talk:

I just hit 87 on beta on my rogue so I have been testing out shadow blades and considering synergies with other cooldowns. Initially I thought it would synergize well with killing spree (+20% damage to pure shadow autoattacks during the spree), but now I'm not sure. The double-combo-points synergizes well with restless blades so it might be better to stack it with AR or use it exclusive of killing spree (to get more benefit from more combo points).

Finishers come really fast with shadow blades--almost as frequently as adrenaline rush.

Also given that shadow blades is off the GCD and has a 3min cd, as does the troll racial, they can be readily macro'd together. I'm gonna guess that troll racial will be very good with this cooldown, and trolls will again be a top tier race in terms of racials.

Deleted
    Been pvping quite a bit with assassination and loving it, the poison damage is just the sex. I feel the glyphs are still quite cookie cutter in parts though

Paralytic poison will never be taken i fear, not with deadly brew in the same tier (in a pvp sense mostly i guess)

As much doom and gloom there is I think Assassination and Combat will be alright once the damage is ratcheted up and tweaked. I fear for Sub though from a PVE and PVP point of view as they are just gutting the spec and stripping everything (no hyperbole by any means on my part). HFB Assassination Rogues had ramp up time, but this is way over the top now for Sub to handle.

I expect Assassination to be the go-to PvP spec. No more ramp up time, lots of armor ignoring damage, the utility that once belonged to sub is now available to every spec, and Sub is gutted in multiple ways.

Deleted
    Just tried out paralytic poison, at first i thought it was a no brainer picking deadly brew over it in the same tier.

But i have to say its glorious against kiters /shadowstep /shiv.

I can't help but wonder if they designed the rogue talents first back when they started converting to the new talent system and never actually looked back at them to reconsider once they had gone through other class talent trees and added cool, new abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    I can't help but wonder if they designed the rogue talents first back when they started converting to the new talent system and never actually looked back at them to reconsider once they had gone through other class talent trees and added cool, new abilities.
    We don't need new talents. Actually, i think the rogue talents (even now) are the strongest ones available in game - also they cover a lot of areas making us strong both in PvP and PvE.

What we need is new abilities that cover for our weak spots like Crimson Tempest that gives to all specs a complete aoe rotation. Our talents are already fine. it may sound bad/not fun, but what we need is more buttons to push independently from the talents we get.

Rogue talents on most tiers are strong with the exception of the last tier. I think that is where underwhelming comes in. Frankly Shuriken Toss needs some added utility other than being a Ranged CP builder. Versatility needs some added jazz and Anticipation is good as is.

Deleted
    Just a simple question...paralytic poison and others rogue stun share DR?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, paralytic is on the "random proc" DR. If we had combat maces back, it'd share DR with that.

That killing spree glyph...Are you fucking kidding me?

I have to glyph killing spree just to get something that should already be programmed in the skill itself? Subley is starting to look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    That killing spree glyph...Are you fucking kidding me?

I have to glyph killing spree just to get something that should already be programmed in the skill itself? Subley is starting to look much better.
    The killing spree minor glyph isn't all that great. If you're target is moving you go back to where you *originally* were, meaning you'll have to move to get back to the target (say you hit killing spree while a tank is kiting shannox out of a forest of traps, you have to walk back to the boss).

Regardless, it's a minor glyph, not major, so it's nothing big. The fact that it can potentially be useful just makes it unusual for a minor glyph.