10+ Year Old Account

Ree Soesbee Lore Chat

Ree Soesbee recently sat down for a lore chat with VG24/7. Check out the interview here: http://ow.ly/9OKRC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    Ree Soesbee recently sat down for a lore chat with VG24/7. Check out the interview here: http://ow.ly/9OKRC
    Not to be like that, but I already posted this in the "One Thread"... But yeye, might be worth a whole thread idk :P

And people say GW2 has no story, looool...Sure sounds a lot more interesting than SWTORs stories.

How many story combinations are there?

From level 1-10, there are approximately 30 different storylines; those are based on character race, Biography and pre-game background choices. Continue that in tens through 80 levels; then add in the various different combinations based on internal story choices, choosing an order, and continued in-game Biography questions, and you can see that the aggregate numbers somewhere in the upper thousands.

How many story combinations are there?

From level 1-10, there are approximately 30 different storylines; those are based on character race, Biography and pre-game background choices. Continue that in tens through 80 levels; then add in the various different combinations based on internal story choices, choosing an order, and continued in-game Biography questions, and you can see that the aggregate numbers somewhere in the upper thousands.
    Daaaaammnnn.

Don't usually like MMOs "stories" because they are shit/juvenile. However, if the above holds true and Anet deliver story that has at least in some part the feel of GW1's scope.... = me.

The lore and general potential for immersion/role-play in this game is one of the biggest appealing aspects for me. It's refreshing to see such a strong focus put upon those aspects of the game, to the point where the setting truly feels alive. I just really, really hope it lives up to expectations and doesn't go the route of Blizzard in terms of scrapping/ignoring lore in favour of excessive pop culture references!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelheim View Post
    The lore and general potential for immersion/role-play in this game is one of the biggest appealing aspects for me. It's refreshing to see such a strong focus put upon those aspects of the game, to the point where the setting truly feels alive. I just really, really hope it lives up to expectations and doesn't go the route of Blizzard in terms of scrapping/ignoring lore in favour of excessive pop culture references!
    Agreed.

I like a lot of the additions to MOP, but the game looks so damn old. For the love of god.

The more I see the aesthetics in GW2 the more I think WoW looks way too childish.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The more I see the aesthetics in GW2 the more I think WoW looks way too childish.
    Well, to be fair. WOW has always looked like a cartoon. Intentionally so. That's part of the game's appeal in a broad sense- warmth.

The pastels and flat coloring in MOP sorta exacerbates this however. Such as the recent female Panda reveals. Very cartoony. Nothing wrong with it, I am not passing judgement.

I prefer less of the style though. The problem is the game itself looks OLD. In that screenshot just like looking at the block-outs for backpack and I am like... -__-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Not to be like that, but I already posted this in the "One Thread"... But yeye, might be worth a whole thread idk :P
    Sorry, I didn't see it or I wouldn't have linked it, not the thunder stealing kind I totally love the story and this just stokes the fire for me!

And more from Ree. Wow, this day is looking very good
    And wowzers...that's an awful lot of stories. They weren't exaggerating when they said you also get a full scale RPG with this game. /little girl scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Agreed.

/facepalm.
    Nail. Coffin. Lid.
    I am not trying that game at all now. Not even if they send me a 7 day free pass.