Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    While you're in there, add some RAM. RAM is stupid cheap. No reason you shouldn't be running at least 8GB on that rig.
    Is it a 32 or 64 bit system? From my understanding 32 bit systems can only use 4 gigs of ram?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

And i thought my old computer was slow! hahaha. No but really, I would upgrade your entire system and throw your current one under a bus.

Overclock ur CPU to 3ghz, very doable on a Q6600 upgrade cooling on it if needed, get 8gigas of ram and a new graphics card.

The q6600 its still a very capable quad CPU

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Only the video card, I was fine at 2560x1440 with a 6970 backed by a 2400s (i5 quad).

Didn't know people had computers with only 4g memory
    Even better, my motherboard can only HOLD 4gb MAX!
    I'm pretty up to date. *flex*

Not to mention, I also hold a low-profile 5570.

I betcha can't find a worse setup than that!

I still run WoW at 60fps pretty much all the time though.
    Swotr would probably kill me.

Dual monitor... just complicates things.
    Last edited by Seasqwaa; 2012-03-24 at 01:54 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd wait til I could upgrade everything, upgrading one thing will just leave you with a bottleneck somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Is it a 32 or 64 bit system? From my understanding 32 bit systems can only use 4 gigs of ram?
    Aye, that is true from what I know.
    Also, if the client might not utilize 64-bit. From there, I think the program wouldn't even use anything past 4gb.
    I magine Swotr supports it though. Any new game should.

Deleted
    Buy a motherboard bundle ( cpu,ram,mobo ) Something with the i5 2500k as it's cheap and super over clockable. I got mine currently at 4.4ghz (from 3.3ghz) idle at like 28'C and max out at around 58-60'C on air cooling. Used to run it at 5ghz for a bit but it's really not required right now with anything. Also it's worth noting that if you do plan of upgrading your GPU you might have to get in the market for a new PSU as well.

Especially if you're upgrading one or more of those components.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    It's 2012. He's got a 64-bit processor, he should be running a 64-bit OS. It costs the same and even comes on the same Windows disc. SWTOR is Large Address Aware. And it's just silly how cheap good RAM is. Total no-brainer.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".