Page 1 of 2
LastLast

who does everyone think the most op class will be after mist of pandaria

hey all who does everyone think the most op class will be after mist of pandaria with all these changes everyone thinks the mage and rogue will not be as good as what they are now.. what do you guys think?

Monk? Pretty obvious. If they suck at start, they'll be buffed a lot and become OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine Monks will be the OP class for a time to get as many people playing them as possible. Then eventually nerfed.

Deleted
    First of all it is waaaay too early to say such a thing. Second, why would Blizzard handicap certain classes? Third - we have a new class now, so I guess monks will be quite OP for some time. Fourth - when we actually play Mists, if there are any major differences in performance, I'm pretty sure they will be fixed.

P.S. did you even see the mage talents ? I think they are quite creative.

Quote Originally Posted by mostwantdd View Post
    hey all who does everyone think
    guarantee half the people in this thread will ignore this and somehow think their opinion = fact

Anyways, I think blizzard knows better and will probably have monks much more balanced than dk's were at launch.
    That said, I think warlocks will be fairly high up there, no way of telling how high the skill cap will be, but there are already amazing warlock players in pvp that will probably find out something niche quickly.

Monks, Warlocks and Druids I think.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I imagine Monks will be the OP class for a time to get as many people playing them as possible. Then eventually nerfed.
    I'm of two minds about it. I know how Death Knights went, but then again this expansion everyone is getting the talent system redesigned, as opposed to Death Knights getting a new one custom made and everyone else getting new talents added to their current ones and tweaks as happened in Wrath. I doubt everything will be balanced but I am not sure if Monks will be the stand-out OP class.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    DEMO LOCK!!!

Unkillable Unstoppable and the new shadowbolts look so sexy

Monks, same thing that happened with DKs.

well if we go by the DK history then Monks/Pandas will be grossly OP at the start of MoP and by the end of the expansion they will have been nerfed so much and fundamental mechanics removed that you won't really recognize them anymore...and it's not like blizzard doesn't have a history of repeating, in slightly varied forms, the same basic mistake more than once.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Monk. For a good part of the beginning it will be at least, I would bet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Anyways, I think blizzard knows better and will probably have monks much more balanced than dk's were at launch.
    That said, I think warlocks will be fairly high up there, no way of telling how high the skill cap will be, but there are already amazing warlock players in pvp that will probably find out something niche quickly.
    I agree with this. When used correctly those lock talents look intimidating.

Deleted
    monks/rogues/mages
    who knows dk if they got some pretty op talents/spells

15+ Year Old Account
    Healing- Monks, Dps- Mages, tank-idk(maybe a bear?)
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    General mage skills/glyphs/talents/bullshit:

Deep freeze available to all, doesn't incur GCD glyphed.
    Shatter available to all, changed to crit rate x2+40%.
    Ice lance available to all, increased to 3x damage from 2x on frozen.
    Ice lance glyph cleaves.
    Counterspell silence available to all, glyph allows cast without interrupting cast.
    Alter time, essentially Murozond's hourglass without the cooldown reset.
    Choice of ice barrier, which got buffed to 293% from 87% SP according to files, or a bubble that reverts damage taken for 4s.
    Glyph of evocation provides a 30% heal with the talent that removes the cooldown from evocation.
    Glyph of spellsteal gives the spell a 10% heal when you steal something.

Fire:
    Inferno blast is 100% crit rate, you can force hot streak.

Frost:
    Fingers of frost glyph increases charge limit to 3.
    Fingers of frost increases ice lance damage by 25%, and can be gained with scorch.

I'm going to say mage, and I'm not looking forward to the nerfs because of it. You have either no GCD deep freeze/shatter on 4 stack AB with AP up from arcane, the ability to force hot streaks with shatter and inferno blast, or the fact that frost can gain fingers of frost charges and continue to DPS while moving as frost. Add all the defensive and healing related things we got and I'm honestly scared we'll get over-nerfed by the time this hits live.

This could just be that I'm currently digging through mage files and can see the best/worst of what we have, or I'm right and we have too much for all three specs and not just frost this time.

Edit: 5 mastery buff category is kinda OP for frost mages too. That's 12.5% frozen damage. Mage armour increases by another 12.5%. 5% base, that's 30% increased shatter damage -without gear-.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2012-03-23 at 12:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    General mage skills/glyphs/talents/bullshit:

Deep freeze available to all, doesn't incur GCD glyphed.
    Shatter available to all, changed to crit rate x2+40%.
    Ice lance available to all, increased to 3x damage from 2x on frozen.
    Ice lance glyph cleaves.
    Counterspell silence available to all, glyph allows cast without interrupting cast.
    Alter time, essentially Murozond's hourglass without the cooldown reset.
    Choice of ice barrier, which got buffed to 293% from 87% SP according to files, or a bubble that reverts damage taken for 4s.
    Glyph of evocation provides a 30% heal with the talent that removes the cooldown from evocation.
    Glyph of spellsteal gives the spell a 10% heal when you steal something.

Fire:
    Inferno blast is 100% crit rate, you can force hot streak.

Frost:
    Fingers of frost glyph increases charge limit to 3.
    Fingers of frost increases ice lance damage by 25%, and can be gained with scorch.

I'm going to say mage, and I'm not looking forward to the nerfs because of it. You have either no GCD deep freeze/shatter on 4 stack AB with AP up from arcane, the ability to force hot streaks with shatter and inferno blast, or the fact that frost can gain fingers of frost charges and continue to DPS while moving as frost. Add all the defensive and healing related things we got and I'm honestly scared we'll get over-nerfed by the time this hits live.

This could just be that I'm currently digging through mage files and can see the best/worst of what we have, or I'm right and we have too much for all three specs and not just frost this time.

Edit: 5 mastery buff category is kinda OP for frost mages too. That's 12.5% frozen damage. Mage armour increases by another 12.5%. 5% base, that's 30% increased shatter damage -without gear-.
    the company aint called blizzard f'r nothing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xazark View Post
    Paladins ....
    I think paladins and rogues are getting the short hand of the stick.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

go go Warrior!

That is not to say, however, that warriors will be OP, even though I may wish it so.

My guess... paladin will be back on top. >.> *bubble/hearth*

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's Monks, Just like DK's they are going to be quite ridiculous.