Secondary gear stats - power and forcepower

This is about comparing secondary stats on gear to primary ones. A lot of gear have some stats which i really dont know how to interpret and compare to other gear piece.

Example one:

If I have chest with 60str and 20 power (for sith warrior) and I can buy new piece with 55str and 30 power, how do i know which one is better? Thats -5 str and +10 power. I usually go for higher primary stat, but maybe there a formula or smth which can translate power to str for easier decision?

Ex 2:
    On my sorcerer i got crafted blue shade bracers ilvl 118 (http://www.torhead.com/item/1JIyrDv/shade-bracers) with loads of willpower, but i found epic bracer ilvl 124 on GTN with only 50willpower , but with loads of crit and alacricity on top of it. I mean its huge drop in willpower, but also huge gain in secondary stats. So how to translate which is better?

Thnx

Early on I did a quick check on my assassin and got these numbers from equipping 100 of a stat, what you to take in to account though is that any stat besides endurance, primary and power has diminishing returns and will as such become worse the more you stack them.

1 WP = 0,2 dmg and 0,008% crit
    1 P = 0.23 dmg
    1 C = 0.042%
    1 S = 0.12%

How crit and surge is valued compared depends a bit on class and spec I'd guess but from a quick glance primary and power seems fairly equal, accuracy is still debated I think if 5 or 8% is the number to go for when it comes to PvE, for PvP it's mostly useless. Expertise hits diminishing returns quite heavily at around 10%.

Disclaimer: I have not read any theory crafting for quite some time now so might be dated information.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-03-23 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    I think the general consensus for most classes is:

Main Stat = Power. Both offer a fairly similar benefit / point when compared 1:1. So 100 Aim/Strength/Cunning/Willpower is roughly as good as 100 Power.
    Power is a great stat to stack since it isn't subject to diminishing returns unlike Surge/Crit/Alacity/Expertise. This is why you should always use Power Relics and Adrenals.
    The value of Crit depends on the spec you play and hits harsh DR at about 35%. I wouldn't stack it higher than about 30%.
    Surge is a pretty good stat but shouldn't be stacked over ~75%. DR are so intense that it's virtually impossible to get over 80% Surge.
    The value of Accuracy depends again on the class and spec you are playing. The importance of Accuracy is commonly overrated since Force Attacks already have 100% hit chance. Only dual-wielding classes seem to gain more benefit from Accuracy than others.
    Alacity (sp?) is only viable for classes with a lot of channeled spells and is normally pretty bad even for them.

So in summery Main stat = Power > Surge (up to 75%) > Crit (up to ~33%) > Alacity/Accuracy.

PS: All this is subject to change in 1.2 where there are going to be a number of changes to stat formulas.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2012-03-23 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I think the general consensus for most classes is:

Main Stat = Power. Both offer a fairly similar benefit / point when compared 1:1. So 100 Aim/Strength/Cunning/Willpower is roughly as good as 100 Power.
    Power is a great stat to stack since it isn't subject to diminishing returns unlike Surge/Crit/Alacity/Expertise. This is why you should always use Power Relics and Adrenals.
    The value of Crit depends on the spec you play and hits harsh DR at about 35%. I wouldn't stack it higher than about 30%.
    Surge is a pretty good stat but shouldn't be stacked over ~75%. DR are so intense that it's virtually impossible to get over 80% Surge.
    The value of Accuracy depends again on the class and spec you are playing. The importance of Accuracy is commonly overrated since Force Attacks already have 100% hit chance. Only dual-wielding classes seem to gain more benefit from Accuracy than others.

So in summery Main stat = Power > Surge (up to 75%) > Crit (up to ~33%) > Alacity/Accuracy.

PS: All this is subject to change in 1.2 where there are going to be a number of changes to stat formulas.
    Thnx for this info! Btw, do you have any source for this (elitistjerks-like)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Thnx for this info! Btw, do you have any source for this (elitistjerks-like)?
    Well there is www.sithwarrior.com for theorycrafting and www.jedilace.com where they calculated some of the DR. But without combat logs theorycrafting so far has been very rudimentary.

Most of these stats have simply been evaluated by observing them in game. You can easily see where the DR for Surge kick in for example and it's easy to tell that Power is in fact, a really good stat.

Any equivalent guide for tanking stats? Much appreciated for the dps stats breakdown.

Deleted
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=307622 Scroll down a bit for the tanking formulas.