Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlacidGladiator View Post
    Wow, thats not my experience and I play my lock and mage extensively. Ports became less of an issue with the 'have group will travel' ability in high-level guilds. You just need one soul where you wanna be and he/she can bring an entire raid to the spot. I love that when the alliance try that little trick on Garrosh in Org and forget that the hang-out spot for bored hordies is right outside. Its like kicking a fire-ant mount and not pulling your foot out.
    Blizzard have already stated they are removing said 'have group will travel' though
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Quote Originally Posted by malkara View Post
    Blizzard have already stated they are removing said 'have group will travel' though
    Wow, really? Didn't hear that. That's a shame, it was a really useful utility. Could bring lowbies to Dal and whatnot. I hope they change their minds
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

Deleted
    is the game released yet? haven't heard..thought it was in BETA

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly. To the rerollers. GO AWAY WE DON'T WANT YOU!

And about the bad tanks.. Heh, Ima prolly give it a try. I did tank back in wrath as a dk on my alt, only 5 mans which is all I would do on my lock. Also, I'm not going to tank for pugs. Only 5 friends that I know I synergize with well.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

I just hope really hope blizzard wont make locks ANOTHER 3 button dps.

played warlock since i started playing and will stick with it

the fact that blizzard changed so many things make me happy i choose lock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    DONT MISUNDERSTAND ME - I LOVE that they are trying to make positive changes to warlocks to make them more interesting, but why does that also mean they have to make them frostdk/arcane mage level of playing??.
    have you ever actually played frost as a dk? its 3-4 spells not including cooldowns, but there is alot of RNG and rune management and the pace is alot faster than arcane mages...

there is a difference between a good frost dk and a shit one the same as there is a difference between a bad and a good warlock.

Warlocks will be unable to que as tanks. They will fill a niche role similar to Leo in SSC. Their "tanking" will be used to fulfill an uh oh the tank died someone tank till MT is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    Warlocks will be unable to que as tanks. They will fill a niche role similar to Leo in SSC. Their "tanking" will be used to fulfill an uh oh the tank died someone tank till MT is up.
    So glyph for tanking on the off chance the tank dies?
    Sounds productive.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, bad warlocks, bad mages, bad hunters, bad DKs.... bad anything.... Does it matter what class they play? The class doesn't make the player. Why do you care what class they play? Aslong as there's more warlocks than there are now I'm cool with that, as there's very few locks on my server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmloos View Post
    I decided to level a warlock 3 days before these changes were announced. I already considered warlocks to be fun and engaging. Ah well it wouldn't be the first time I accidently play FOTM.
    Mages and rets are quite the good gamble, sometimes completely awful, sometimes incredibly awesome, although I think nobody can complain about the position of warlock in PvE except for Spine :P

Deleted
    I'm sorry, at what point were locks ever difficult to play? DPSing on ANY DPS character is simple to do. I don't really think the class can be 'dumbed down' beyond what it already is. Unless, you're really dumb.

DPS in WoW is pisseasy child's play, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossyria View Post
    I'm sorry, at what point were locks ever difficult to play? DPSing on ANY DPS character is simple to do. I don't really think the class can be 'dumbed down' beyond what it already is. Unless, you're really dumb.

So is healing, and tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    So is healing, and tanking.
    Not really, healing can be ALOT harder espically at the start of an expac, cata heroics anyone? christ

Quote Originally Posted by Ossyria View Post

if this was true all guilds that are above average ( lets say, were 5 or 1/8 hc before 5% nerf and above) should all be getting the same dps numbers? (rng plays a part though)

Deleted
    Why did you feel like you had to make a post about this? to me this doesn't make any sense. And I don't see why you care

10+ Year Old Account
    My definition of fun and interesting is vastly different than yours for some reason... I love playing sub PvE on my rogue and, if it was viable for all fights, I'd certainly do it for all of them. Sub is arguably the most difficult spec in the game to master... for that, I think it's fun and interesting.

Before sub was viable for PvE for Cata, I considered feral DPS fun and interesting in WotLK, which was arguably the hardest spec to play back then. A lot of people enjoy the thought of a challenge and that's what is "fun and interesting" to them.

All of this is assuming that you yourself are defining "fun and interesting" as "retardedly easy and simple". If you're meaning Blizzard defines it as that (the whole "Blizzard" part there is kind of throwing me off) then disregard what I said.

the only reason there'll be bad locks in MoP is because they've pretty much completely redesigned the class and believe it or not, people won't be completely familiar with their new rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You realise instead of casting a single SF every 20s, you'll be casting 3-4 of them to allow your mana to regenerate. This is most definitely not the Destruction of Wrath.
    Where's this coming from? Because I'm staring at the talent calculator right now.

Incinerate has a 2 second cast, costs 5% mana.
    Soulfire has a 4 second cast, costs 10% mana.
    Chaotic Embers (passive) "greatly increases" mana regeneration and also increases mana cost and damage of Soulfire by 12%
    Soulfire now costs 11.2%.
    The same amount of mana regenerates over 2 sets of 2 seconds as it does over 4 seconds.
    A 4 second Soulfire actually spends more mana than two 2 second Incinerates.

Unless Blizzard wants us to spam 8 second Soulfires, which doesn't seem logical. We couldn't even fit more than one 8 second Soulfire in a single Immolate.

Not to mention that Destructive Influence reduces the cast time of Soulfire. A Soulfire with a cast time of less than 4 seconds begins to spend mana even MORE quickly.

From the looks of the talent calculator, 8 second Soulfire spam excluded, casting Soulfire seems to have the opposite effect of mana conservation.

Unless there was something released pertaining to Destruction warlocsk that I can't find after 30 minutes of scouring the web...

o_O

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nevermind.

Hell, the Soulfire and Embers mechanics sound more fun than just casting Chaos Bolt every 12 seconds.
    Last edited by Veyne; 2012-03-23 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, for one, welcome our new demon tank overlords.