Deleted

403 pvp ret gloves vs 397\384 pve

403 pvp gloves better than pve versions? I think its surely better than 384, but dunno how about 397, coz of 5% crusader strike bonus. What do you think?

Deleted
    I would say 403 is better than 384 if the 384 aren't unlocking a set bonus like 2 set or 4 set.
    397 vs 403 is not even a contest 397's secondary stats makes more than enough up for the lost 5% dmg increase to Crusader Strike.

397>384 unlocking set bonus> 403 pvp > 384.

Of course I might be wrong, you can try simcrafting your char if you want an actual concrete answer.

Deleted
    Pvp gloves are better than 397, simcrafted them months ago

Deleted
    So Valkiri says: pvp worse than 397. Gothmor: pvp better than 397. Whos right??!

tl;dr: 397 tier > 403 pvp > 384 tier except for set bonus

if having the tier 13 (either 384 or 397) tier would make a 2 or 4 set, definitely use those instead of pvp gloves. but if you had the choice between 384 pve and 403 pvp, probably go with the 403. between 397 tier and 403 pvp disregarding set bonuses, id say go with the 397. the pvp have hit and a blue socket, which are not very ideal. the 397 have crit/haste and a red socket, so theyre a little better for pve. the pve gloves have more strength and the presence of crit/haste i think would outweigh the 5% crusader strike. and all in all id say (disregarding 2 or 4 set bonuses) 397 tier > 403 pvp > 384. but again, if the 384 gloves would make a set bonus, use them over the pvp ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Amique View Post
    if having the tier 13 (either 384 or 397) tier would make a 2 or 4 set, definitely use those instead of pvp gloves. but if you had the choice between 384 pve and 403 pvp, probably go with the 403. between 397 tier and 403 pvp disregarding set bonuses, id say go with the 397. the pvp have hit and a blue socket, which are not very ideal. the 397 have crit/haste and a red socket, so theyre a little better for pve. the pve gloves have more strength and the presence of crit/haste i think would outweigh the 5% crusader strike. and all in all id say (disregarding 2 or 4 set bonuses) 397 tier > 403 pvp > 384. but again, if the 384 gloves would make a set bonus, use them over the pvp ones!
    This is just subjective and basically guessing.

The answer is SimCraft. You get more of the bonus from the PvP gloves the better gear you have since it scales with the rest of your stats and because of that I don't think we can help you out with this question. There might be better solutions to find out which is better but just go for SimCraft and if you see them favor either of the gloves by a significant amount go for it otherwise just go for what suits your reforging etc best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    This is just subjective and basically guessing.
    its not a guess or subjective, its what i would do if i was his situation, really. he coould simcraft it, but since he posted, might as well give my opinion :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amique View Post
    its not a guess or subjective, its what i would do if i was his situation, really. he coould simcraft it, but since he posted, might as well give my opinion :P
    Give your opinion is subjectiv , pvp gloves with setbonus are better, im at work cant post numbers