Deleted

Pre-order or Boxart?

I have no clue how large the BETA is, but this game will probably take about 25 GB of space once it's installed. Depending how compressed the game-download is, I might think it will be around 8-9 gigs.

I am highly doubting the choice of pre-ordering or getting the boxart.

Downloading:

+ 3 days headstart
    + no delay in sending the game
    + lazyness
    + "guaranteed" game ( not sold out )
    - 9 gb download
    - no box art + instruction manual etc

Buying it:

+ Box + manual
    + Discs
    + Faster install
    + No downloading / waiting
    - No 3 days extra
    - Lazyness

And I probably stop there, because that is the only 2 con's that appeal to me. Everyone prob has high download speed, but since I'm "leeching" Internet from a business company I can't download fast nor download 24/7. WoW 9 gig already took me about 14 hours before it got in, which means it will take me 2 days of downloading, because I will only download at night 23.00 - 7.00 ( I pay my own electric bill )

I am wondering what to do, I'm close to pre-ordering but I love Neosoft box ( I loved the Aion box )

I believe the number was around 20-30 GB for the Beta, so you're basically correct.

Anyways, you can get the game physically from certain retailers and still receive the 3 day access as long as you pre-purchase. Pre-order is 1 day.

I'm certain you can also obtain it from Amazon as well, which will ship directly to you. I don't know if they're one of the retailers that still give you the 3 day access benefit though.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-03-24 at 02:40 AM.

Pretty sure it says, where it lists the system specs, that you'll need at least 25GB to install the game.

Pre-ordering doesn't get you the 3 day head start and beta access. You have to pre-purchase, you mighta known that but just said pre-order out of habit but I just wanted to clear that up in case that's not what you meant.

You can still get the pre-purchase deal through retailers, but they haven't released a list of retailers who will be participating in the pre-purchase offers.

Buying digital or the physical copy doesn't matter, if you pre-purchase you get the same benefits as the next guy.

Deleted
    Well my point was if the box-art and manual was worth it to not order it online. If it's utterly crap I won't be bothered

We don't know anything about the manual or box art yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lacking box art and instruction manual is a con?

That's the kinda shit that collects dust until I realize "Oh yeah, I never bothered to open these, so I'll just throw them away."

My house is cluttered with enough... stuff in it, that I really don't need more.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really care about boxes you can pre-purchase from a retailer and still get the 3 day headstart.

Deleted
    Ever since the release of steam and other possibilities to buy games without the hard copy I noticed myself spending a lot more money for games.

Just to name a few: there's Steam, there's a plethora of sites selling only the cd key (where you usually save a good amount if not half of the price), there's Origin, there's the Blizzard Store.

As for myself I just can't be arsed to waste space in my properties with video games hard copies.

Option C.) Pre-order the box 3 days in advance at select stores. I need bathroom reading material.

Ok.....I have a question here.
    Something I've not explicitly seen....but assume it's true. I believe it was actually said, but can't remember a quote.

If you buy the CE, you get to download it and get the day headstart?
    Thanks whoever replies by doing my research for me I'm holding a baby...I have no time! Except the the 12 hrs of GW1 I've just done....but that's besides the point!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    If you really care about boxes you can pre-purchase from a retailer and still get the 3 day headstart.
    Thanks Does GW2 has one themself? I don't have good experience with retailers, they always delivered to late

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    Thanks Does GW2 has one themself? I don't have good experience with retailers, they always delivered to late
    Anet will only be doing digital copies. They will no doubt release offial retailers though.
    But you can trust any major retailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have any of you ever thought "Man, I think I'm gonna re-install <insert old game here> and play some old school gaming... now where the hell did I put that install disc? Aww crap..."

Yes. You lost it. Threw it away. You have no idea. But now you can't find it!

I wish I could've downloaded Diablo 2 instead of buying a physical copy.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Have any of you ever thought "Man, I think I'm gonna re-install <insert old game here> and play some old school gaming... now where the hell did I put that install disc? Aww crap..."

Yes. You lost it. Threw it away. You have no idea. But now you can't find it!

I wish I could've downloaded Diablo 2 instead of buying a physical copy.
    You'll probably be able to download GW2 from their website since the client is free, and it's the account you're paying for.

I might just have to buy the physical copy if they include those manuals with lore and character info like in the first 3 standalones (eye of the north's one was tiny)

It's strange that so many people seem to view hard copies of games as a waste of space. I quite enjoy building up a physical collection, not to mention you can always get a portion of the money back if you keep them in a decent condition and then sell them somewhere like Ebay.

15+ Year Old Account
    First of all, you can get headstart with a physical copy aswell. Select retailers will be able to offer pre-purchase (pay in advance and get 3 days headstart) and pre-order (reserve a copy and get 1 days headstart) for physical copies aswell as digital ones.

Secondly, no matter what you do if you want the headstart you will most likely be forced to download the game to play it. A release is a release, they won't give you a physical copy until it is the release day (or day before on some post orders)

The system spec also say it's 25 GB, so the download size depends on if you can download it compressed or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    I might just have to buy the physical copy if they include those manuals with lore and character info like in the first 3 standalones (eye of the north's one was tiny)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelheim View Post
    It's strange that so many people seem to view hard copies of games as a waste of space. I quite enjoy building up a physical collection, not to mention you can always get a portion of the money back if you keep them in a decent condition and then sell them somewhere like Ebay.
    All the info in those will, at some point, be online. So if you're interested in the actual information/art, you're probably not going to need the physical version of it.

If you're a collector of sorts and enjoy stocking up your house with cluttered objects from old things you no longer have active interest in so you can reminisce about it decades from now as an old man, or perhaps sell it on ebay to collectors when the game is no longer current (seriously, why aren't the collectors getting this stuff NOW when it's CHEAP?!), then more power to ya.