Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So now that Recklessness seems to be removed as a Symbiosis spell, lookin' at you mages again.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chinobar View Post
    Bummer, would be damn handy if it did work, gotta love tooltips!
    Boubouille is working with me to get it workin. Hopefully soon!

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    So now that Recklessness seems to be removed as a Symbiosis spell, lookin' at you mages again.
    They hit for like 150 a cast.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

As Restoration Druid (confirmed):
    Paladin - nothing currently
    Warlock - Teleport
    Mage - Ice Block
    Hunter - Deterrence
    Rogue - Evasion
    Shaman - Spiritwalkers Grace
    Warrior - Intidimating roar
    Death Knight - Icebound Fortitude

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    There's a list at wowhead, says it was updated april 12th http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=110309

I would test it myself, but my druid is stuck as resto and guardian. And is still just 85, and to make it worse. The EU realm is constantly crashing so..
    The wowhead comment took it from the old sunfyre post who took it from this topic.. so nothing new there.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-04-13 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    They hit for like 150 a cast.
    Oh, god. I hope that's just beta-fide.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    Updated the first post with the confirmed abilities from Sunfyre's post, looks like my first suggestion about Growl was right after all, and my moving of tranquility to shadow
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-04-13 at 01:05 PM.

Resto druids get Leap of Faith. Confirmed just now.

edit
    Feral

Death Knight - Death Coil
    Shaman - Feral Spirit
    Warlock - Soul Swap
    Warrior - Shattering Blow
    Saw those on a stream. So they ought to be correct :>
    Last edited by stormgust; 2012-04-13 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    I've had the tooltip script loaded ever since Bibi first posted it a few weeks ago. It just refuses to work.
    I had trouble getting it to work on my forums until i manually loaded Jquery right before it. so try that

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Oh, god. I hope that's just beta-fide.
    The mage mirror images hit for nothing as well, theyre not intended as a dps increase.

Deleted
    Updated guardian abilities (they were all correctly predicted)

Now that the list has been updated, I can ignore the first ~20 pages of speculation and bickering

Warlocks getting Rejuvenation caught my attention. Rejuv+Life Tap is a fanciful idea.

Anyways, it's looking more and more like Symbiosis targets is going to depend on whichever benefits the raid the most. My biggest concern right now is tanks across the board are getting a defensive cd from Symbiosis. Would fights be balanced around tanks having that extra cd?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Max level is 86, so no.
    Incorrect, as of two days ago now; the max level is 87, so yes everything is testable.

Edit: oops, silly mmo-champion opened this thread 2 pages in the past, fail mmo-c forums for doing so and fail me for not noticing.
    Feel free to ignore this post

Quote Originally Posted by Prod View Post
    Now that the list has been updated, I can ignore the first ~20 pages of speculation and bickering

Warlocks getting Rejuvenation caught my attention. Rejuv+Life Tap is a fanciful idea.

Anyways, it's looking more and more like Symbiosis targets is going to depend on whichever benefits the raid the most. My biggest concern right now is tanks across the board are getting a defensive cd from Symbiosis. Would fights be balanced around tanks having that extra cd?
    It does seem like the logical decision for druids to link with tanks as it will generally be the best for most raid fights overall. There may be gimmicks where diff things are important though. (Hammer of Justice on LK for example) As of now from a Balance perspective Mirror Images (depending on their dmg) or Unending Resolve seem like the best options. AMS/Cloak could be useful depending. Intervene might be ok I guess... It would have to be a fight with lot of movement and spreading out for someone to go to

Misdirect/Mass Dispel/Purge are more or less worthless as you would have the originals do that task versus the druid

Quote Originally Posted by Prod View Post
    My biggest concern right now is tanks across the board are getting a defensive cd from Symbiosis. Would fights be balanced around tanks having that extra cd?
    If they do, raids without a druid will be penalized (10 man issue mostly).
    If they don't, raids with at least 1 druid will have an advantage (in terms of tank cd's) over raids without a druid.

Unless of course the version of the CD that the tank gets is noticeably weaker and is used more to slightly reduce healer strain, rather than the traditional, survive a big hit type of CD.

Right now it does seem like tanks should be the first choice for getting symbiosis. Especially during progressions content, as they actually get something that benefits their main role (a cd), as opposed to utility. (barring specific fight gimmicks of course)

<edit> ninja'd in part by Jibjabb
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2012-04-13 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    That's assuming the tank needs those cooldowns. Many fights in (firelands and) dragonsoul were dps checks rather than tank checks. (spine, warmaster, ultraxion)

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 11:23 PM ----------

All of the tank cooldowns shared by symbiosis are watered down. Might of Ursoc is 15% instead of 30%, barkskin is 10% with 6sec duration, frenzied regen has a 1min cd, bone shield is 10% and only has 3 charges, survival instincts is 25% instead of 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    As Restoration Druid (confirmed):
    Paladin - nothing currently
    Warlock - Teleport
    Mage - Ice Block
    Hunter - Deterrence
    Rogue - Evasion
    Shaman - Spiritwalkers Grace
    Warrior - Intidimating roar
    Death Knight - Icebound Fortitude
    I am sorry... but what?

ATM Resto druids have almost 0 utility AND are very mediocre in DS.

The only CD we are gaining in MoP is Ironbark, at the cost of our own personal barkskin, and 20% damage reduction on a 2 minute cooldown is a joke when compared to things like Hand of Sac, Pain Sup, or the new level 90 priest talent Vow of Unity.

I honestly thought Symbiosis would be the perfect way to give Resto Druids some kind of Raid CD or AT LEAST a tank CD.

This is so depressing and makes me want to reroll for MoP to a healing class who can put out the same (if not more) healing than a resto druid but still has 3+ raid/tank cds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    I am sorry... but what?

ATM Resto druids have almost 0 utility AND are very mediocre in DS.

The only CD we are gaining in MoP is Ironbark, at the cost of our own personal barkskin, and 20% damage reduction on a 2 minute cooldown is a joke when compared to things like Hand of Sac, Pain Sup, or the new level 90 priest talent Vow of Unity.

I honestly thought Symbiosis would be the perfect way to give Resto Druids some kind of Raid CD or AT LEAST a tank CD.

This is so depressing and makes me want to reroll for MoP to a healing class who can put out the same (if not more) healing than a resto druid but still has 3+ raid/tank cds.
    Because I don't want to spoil my whole topic of conversation for the Team Waffle Druid Podcast (tonight at 8PM EST), I won't go into entire detail now. I am planning on a lengthy blogpost about this afterwards.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post

You get both, but they share CDs. Still, Barkskin only has half the CD of Ironbark, so there's still value to that.

Also, Symbiosis giving such a CD would go against the intent by forcing your choice on who to give it to.

Deleted
    Boubouille is working with me to get it workin. Hopefully soon!
    Yay, tooltips working now!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Also, Symbiosis giving such a CD would go against the intent by forcing your choice on who to give it to.
    Which is so much worse than forcing raids to pick certain healers because they have much better cooldowns.

Or forcing players to play a different healing class in PvP because they actually want to compete at a high rating.