Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It could be a problem. It could be fixed by just having a priest tranq put a Forebearance-type debuff on everyone it hits.
    The bigger point is not to get hung up on only how it could work with Tranquility, but rather about how it could work across all the ability swaps. (Tank CDs, Ret pally pvp burst with Tigers Fury, etc, etc, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Besides which, this sort of thing is what beta tests are for anyway.
    Agreed, and from what others have said about how some of the symbiosis abilities are weaker than the original (like ams being only 30%) it may turn out to be less of a problem...but we all know how blizzard is slow to address balance issues, better to get their attention on it now, rather than some uber hot fix nerf a month after release (i know im being optimistic )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Found another Rogue-> Druid link, based off tooltips, last night.
    Spell ID: 110727
    (not letting me post links)
    Smoke bomb, nicely found
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/110727-smoke-bomb
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Guardian's Rogue Symbiosis - most likely: Evasion
    Spell ID: 110791
    (not letting me post links yet)

That covers all the rogue abilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guardian's Rogue Symbiosis - most likely: Evasion
    Spell ID: 110791
    (not letting me post links yet)

That covers all the rogue abilities.
    nice
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/110791-evasion
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

If there are any "missing" Symbiosis links, they're probably named differently. (Feign Death and Play Dead...that sort of thing...since I've quite literally gone through every spell known :x).

WTB Beta invite D:
    Last edited by Cyous; 2012-03-22 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    Have you ever seen them changing something ?

The talent "Heart of the Wild" the one that relies on players failure has been criticized for ages and people told that it's a bad talent for the tier6 because of the long cooldown, the very low chance to use it and the lack of the basic tools to cover the other roles.
    Do you think that blizz changed it with something else? nope they added crit immunity if you want to mimic a tank.....
    Have you partaken in any of the beta's at all? If not, I can tell you that they have changed a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    so much this.

a holy priest with divine hymn and tranq?

a rogue with adrenaline rush and berserk (decresed energy)?

a ret pally with all of their bursty stuff and tiger's fury!?!?! Hello insane pvp burst...

....if all this stuff is getting data-mined correctly, this whole symbiosis thing will get nerfed, heavily. There is no way they could leave things in like this.
    Well, If it would trade stuff like Soulshatter (yeah it does, but it's awful), we can safely rename Symbiosis to Natural Garbage Can....

Quote Originally Posted by chinobar View Post
    i am in general happy about the changes to druids and balance.
    You still lack of many tools to be competitive in a pve and/or a pvp environment (lack of working silence, lack survavility/invulnerability cd, you still have the longest casts as your base spells, lack of burst cd, lack of an execution phase like EVERYBODY else, still you have terrible designed talents like the mushrooms which are a waste of 3 gdc if you have to do massive aoe in pve and so on).
    The situation seems to not change a bit and you are happy. Good to know.

Don't understand tranq...

If I am forced to always give tranq to priests... for leap of faith in return... I will be

Just seems out of whack. And that is not even getting into the fact that it is just silly OP, and weird considering priests already have the same basic spell....
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-03-22 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabnock View Post
    You still lack of many tools to be competitive in a pve and/or a pvp environment (lack of working silence, lack survavility/invulnerability cd, you still have the longest casts as your base spells, lack of burst cd, lack of an execution phase like EVERYBODY else, still you have terrible designed talents like the mushrooms which are a waste of 3 gdc if you have to do massive aoe in pve and so on).
    Umm last I checked balance druids can be competitive in pve and pvp..

You don't lose any spells. You gain a spell and the recipient gains a spell.

Very untrue. The entire design of Symbiosis is to give us that missing utility. We have very strong damage in PvE, almost everyone else is better though. PvP is rough simply for the lack of survivability. Juke-casting is a big deal for us; bait a clueless player to kick our Cyclone so we can free-cast towards Solar Eclipse. Moonkin will be very hard to keep a decent uptime as melee, between Nature's Grasp, Typhoon*, Cyclone, Roots, Fungal Growth, Wild Charge, Stampeding Roar, Disentanglement+Travel Form, Disorienting Roar/Bash*, Bear Hug, and potentially a spell from Symbiosis.
    Last edited by Cyous; 2012-03-22 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Don't understand tranq...

If I am forced to always give tranq to priests... for leap of faith in return... I will be

Just seems out of whack. And that is not even getting into the fact that it is just silly OP, and weird considering priests already have the same basic spell....
    Yeah, it seems that its not holy but disc that gets tranq, when they already have hym, and holy that gets wild growth, when they already have circle heal. Neither option for priests seems all that interesting, but at least its all raw throughput. In return we get either leap of faith, meh, or mass dispel, better, although the wording for mass dispel seems as if its meant for balance. Granted, what's been mined doesn't seem like every possible iteration.

In return for a tranq I would happily take PI, PS, or GS :P

Deleted
    I guess you forgot to look at the new talents.

Deleted
    Our priest is going to ninja mine to buff his healing....I can feel it

Deleted
    After countless raids begging for Dark Intent I'm happy to finally hold the power.

As of the current lists...

(Moonkin) I'm not putting it on anyone other than a mage. Ever.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Divisible View Post
    Umm last I checked balance druids can be competitive in pve and pvp..
    Sure, good night Divisible!

Very untrue. The entire design of Symbiosis is to give us that missing utility.
    The entire design of Symbiosis is wrong because you try to fix the flaw bonding the druid to another specific class, instead of fixing the class, clearly a very poor design; a name that fits better is Parasitism. And even here you don't have filled the balance flaws, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by chinobar View Post
    I guess you forgot to look at the new talents.
    I guess you have to try to be less direct to troll ppl, because obvious troll is obvious.
    The talent are the same as before, and they still suck very hard (especially for balance).

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    Balance druids are going to get fuc**d up again this expansion from the lvl 90 spell (and the sucking talents)

from shaman there are
    spirit walker grace to cast while moving
    feral spirit to boost your dps and provide passive healing
    lighting shield to deal some passive damage to attackers
    and purge, the useless one
    Guess what the boomkin get ? PURGE and not Feral Spirit for dps boost and passi healing

from priest there are
    leap of faith to grip allies
    mass dispell to remove magical effects
    levitate to increase run speed by 30% and 25% when the effect ends
    dispersion to reduce all damages by a ton
    Guess what the boomkin get? MASS DISPELL and not dispersion for a real defensive cooldown

from warlock there are
    Demonic Circle Teleport to escape fast from the enemy
    Soul Shatter to reduce threat
    Soul swap to move dots around
    Guess what the boomkin get? i bet SOUL SHATTER because teleport will go the healers

from rogue there are
    Redirect to move combo points
    Evasion to dodge 50% of incoming attacks and reduce dmg taken by 25%
    Cloak of shadows to remove dots
    Guess what the boomkin get? CLOAK OF SHADOWS? nope they will for sure add smoke bomb :ahahah:

should i go on ? i hate Blizzard and hate GhostCrawler when he said "Symbiosis is AWESOME it's super fun!"
    nope GC, Symbiosis is not fun and gives to other dps DPS cooldowns, to tanks tank cooldows and to healers all our raid utilities. In exchange tanks get tanking cooldowns, healers get healing utilities, ferals get dps cooldowns and Balance druids get f**ed up.
    Not sure if serious.

Mirror Image says "hi"
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

I'll be giving Symbiosis to a (Fury) Warrior for Recklessness. Solar+Incarnation+Recklessness = seriously ridiculous damage.