Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's okay if the population is relatively balanced.

However, if the population is tilted to one side, it's a waste of time.

Guess what? People tend to transfer to servers where they have the upper hand and Blizzard does nothing to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I have been on a PvE server ever since I begun playing WoW. My guild wants to move to a high population PvP server so that they can start 25 man raiding again. It is impossible to do 25 man on our current server. I am sceptical about moving to another server for a couple of reasons. One of them is the fact that it is a PvP server.

I am used to questing and farming in peace without getting attacked by enemy players. I wonder, what's it like to play on a PvP server? Is it common for players of the opposing faction to jump on you as soon as they get the chance? Do you get ambushed by groups of stealthed rogues and druids? Is there a lot of corpse camping? I only have PvP gear as holy offspec. I like PvP, but only in battlegrounds and arenas.
    I honestly feel it depends on each specific server/realm. I've played on 2 PVP realms Kel'Thuzad and currently on Emerald Dream - US. KT was a bore and people only sat in SW and spammed trade for arenas and BGs. There was hardly any WPVP what so ever. And if you didn't know people on KT are complete douches. Worst bunch of guys in the game on any server i have seen. Full of elitist dirt bags. And then you have trolls that flock to these servers to get carried. Not the type of PVP server you want to join.

However, Emerald Dream is an amazing server. The faction balance is pretty much even and is one of the high populated US realms with a very active WPVP scene, one of a few which can boast about it. However, most of the PVP is RP based since it is a RP realm but everyday where ever you look you will find some kind of WPVP. The Horde are always attacking SW or Goldshire. The Alliance formed a raid during the peak hours last night for Orgrimmar. Didn't go as well. Think the horde were prepared. None the less there are also a lot of people and new transfers that are levelling so every zone isn't dead like on most realms. You will come across people from both factions depending on the popularity of each zone.

However, it isn't very competitive in Arenas or RBGs. Come here if you only want to have fun and do things in a laid back environment. Alliance on this realm troll more than the Horde. That is the only downside.

But quite frankly, flying mounts, LFD hardly has helped. Me for example have levelled to 25 already simply queueing for the CTA: Arathi Basin. Makes no sense to quest cause queues are only 2-3 mins long and you level quicker. But like I said since most of the WPVP is RP based there are always people to attack and out there defending whatever region they protect.

P.S Emerald Dream is also probably one of the only servers where both factions are pretty much even and isn't tilted to benefit the opposite faction.

They might as well delete PvP servers, what with all the lengths they go to ensure that no one who does not want to get ganked cannot be ganked.

I found it to be more stressful and you have to think before you AFK, I only play on PVE realms now because if I want a cup of coffee, I don't want to think about the dicks that might want to gank me for no benefit other than my misery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The difference is very minimal since flying mounts were introduced and destroyed all ground interaction. You will notice no change.
    I wasn't aware you could fly everywhere while leveling.
    On my server there is lots of outdoor PvP, also at level 85. Especially in Hyjal.

Most people won't bother you and just go about there business but occasionally there is a rogue who will body camp you or a guild stirring up trouble at a daily hut.
    Hi Sephurik

I find that the leveling is much more fun on a PVP server (unless getting ganked / camped) but end game is about the same since everyone just hangs out in SW / Org anyways.