Wing Commander Saga (New, Free)

For fans of the Wing Commander series, this week marked the release of the Wing Commander Saga title. A fan project created over 10 years ago, finally completed this week.

If you were a fan of this series, or of space combat sims in general, then this game should be right up your alley. The download clocks in at over 3 gigabytes and it is one of the most professional fan made games I have played. It uses the Freespace 2 engine, but it is a stand-alone game and does not require the game Freespace2 to play.

Remember this game is completely free, and it has joystick support as well(huzzah!).

http://www.wcsaga.com/news-archive-2...or-launch.html (check for mirrors in this post as the site is getting hammered)

Enjoy!

Thank you so much. My Orc has shared a name of a Kilrathi Ace for years and years now and I'm so excited to check this out. Younger gamers are absolutely robbed by the fact that they never had amazing studios like Origin and Microprose growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Thank you so much. My Orc has shared a name of a Kilrathi Ace for years and years now and I'm so excited to check this out. Younger gamers are absolutely robbed by the fact that they never had amazing studios like Origin and Microprose growing up.
    Awesome, nice to see another fan of one of the best series of all time