Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Now that the non-press have a closer hold on the ear of Anet...

I thought it might be suitable to make a list of concerns that those of us have as we watch from the sidelines. If any beta testers with the ability to post on the beta forums could: Please investigate any mentioned concerns and report them on the beta forums, if you'd be so kind.

Based on observations in gameplay videos and reddit comments:

- No button modifiers (Shift+X, Alt+X, Ctrl+X keybinds)
    - No mapping of mousewheel.
    - (Based only on the top two concerns, could anyone see if additional mouse buttons are mappable? Haven't heard any comments on this yet.)
    - Most people seem to want a customizable UI.
    - Comparison tooltips do not show your alternate weapon set.
    - Cannot inspect other players.

(other suggestions)

- No Duels
    - No /say chat function(short-radius chatting)
    - Buggy and/or unresponsive pet AI controls
    Last edited by Rahzael; 2012-03-25 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahzael View Post
    I thought it might be suitable to make a list of concerns that those of us have as we watch from the sidelines. If any beta testers with the ability to post on the beta forums could: Please investigate any mentioned concerns and report them on the beta forums, if you'd be so kind.

- (Based only on the top two concerns, could anyone see if additional mouse buttons are mappable? Haven't heard any comments on this yet.)
    It's beta. They're just trying to get things to work right now.

That said, I do agree with a few of these, however, because of the NDA and Press Embargo (until monday), beta testers can't really do much more to add to the list without jeopardizing themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Wow. Even though the amount of keybindings in GW2 seems small its a big flaw in my eyes that they don't have button modifiers. Having played WoW for so long, I have gotten used to my keybindings and don't want to change them anytime soon.

Well those concerns seem to be legitimate. I said this before, but I really hope they give this feedback to ArenaNet in addition to breaking the NDA on reddit.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly the reason the beta has an NDA. The game isn't finished, and by bitching and moaning on forums about features or lack thereof you only serve to publicly and unfairly tarnish the games image.

Are there no beta forums for non-press testers to provide feedback? That's the purpose of this, not for whining(which it could understandably degrade to at points, but I think there is some legitimacy to be heard amidst the qq, and now's the time to hear it out).

Honestly, most of the things I listed are fairly standard additions to the game, and keybind modifiers not being available was very likely a deliberate choice on Anet's part(given that GW1 did the same).

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    This is exactly the reason the beta has an NDA. The game isn't finished, and by bitching and moaning on forums about features or lack thereof you only serve to publicly and unfairly tarnish the games image.
    I don't know how often I said this in so many words. This isn't even a Guild Wars 2 thing- this true of any game in development. For fuck's sake.

Deleted
    I dont understand NDA really. They already gave press ability to speak about their beta test. Now choosing randoms and risk leaks that's difficult to track... why bother with NDA really? It's a bit wierd =)

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't know how often I said this in so many words. This isn't even a Guild Wars 2 thing- this true of any game in development. For fuck's sake.
    Yeah...what I said in the one thread last night.
    It's the whole point of the NDA. Allowing the internet community full play in venting their concerns on an unfinished game: suicide

Are there no beta forums for non-press testers to provide feedback?
    There is, but it seems like people would rather complain on public forums than give any real feedback. (I'm not directing that to anyone here, this is happening in other places)
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-24 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    There is, but people seem they would rather complain on public forums than give any feedback. (I'm not directing that to anyone here, this is happening in other places)
    Yeah, that's worrying. Hopefully they utilize the advantage they've been given.

I can't help but feel that if the point of this thread flew over the heads of the more respectable posters on this subforum, it won't fare much better with the rest.

For the record: Nothing about this requested a breach of the NDA, and it only requested for beta testers to scope out concerns that they might not have noticed, but others did. If player B noticed that there's a problem with the way the UI is set up and player A was having too good a time testing out other area of the game in their initial 48 hours of play, then player A is now notified, can test for themselves, and voice their concern if they find it valid. Get it?

That said, I think enough people have misinterpreted this that the thread is probably useless since an equal number of people will not read/understand the initial post.
    Last edited by Rahzael; 2012-03-24 at 10:52 PM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    @OP - I'm pretty sure that there are forms in game for testers to fill out for feedback. Also, there has to be some form of hidden beta forums for more in depth feedback. I can't imagine a beta that doesn't exist with out these things.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Wow, you guys sure are giving me a lot of shit, aren't you? I can't help but feel that if the point of this thread flew over the heads of the more respectable posters on this subforum, it won't fare much better with the rest.

For the record: Nothing about this requested a breach of the NDA, and it only requested for beta testers to scope out concerns that they might not have noticed, but others did. If player B noticed that there's a problem with the way the UI is set up and player A was having too good a time testing out other area of the game in their initial 48 hours of play, then player A is now notified, can test for themselves, and voice their concern if they find it valid. Get it?

That said, I think enough people have misinterpreted this that the thread is probably useless since an equal number of people will not read/understand the initial post.
    I think I know the intent of your post/topic as I was considering something similar for when beta invites were being sent out. Its about posting our thoughts/opinions on what could be added/modified to make the game better(i.e. I don't recall seeing a Dressing Room type window anywhere to view a weapon/armor set, and if there is I'd like the option to strip armor/weapons so I can clearly view one item in addition to selecting a target npc/player to view armor/weapons on that specific model(Playing a tauren in WoW I could only view silly helms until I found an addon to select other players)).

Part of the problem is those who are interested in the game are probably busy playing it rather than reading about it. Then theres development time for each of these additions. Right now ANet is focused on making sure what they have in place is working and polished so it can be shipped, I'm certain they could continue to find useful features, implement and polish them, and find something else to add/tweak which can further delay a release date. If there are any glaring issues such as keybinds it should be brought up by those playing the beta as they have first hand experience at this time.

Yeah, that's worrying. Hopefully they utilize the advantage they've been given.

I can't help but feel that if the point of this thread flew over the heads of the more respectable posters on this subforum, it won't fare much better with the rest.

You do know this is a public forum... right?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

You should add to that list:

- No flying pink pigs (personally saddened by that)
    - No celebration of seasonal holidays (where's my Grandfather Winter? Where's my reused presents?)
    - No mounts
    - No flying mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgaunt View Post

- No celebration of seasonal holidays (where's my Grandfather Winter? Where's my reused presents?)
    - No mounts
    - No flying mounts

what is this I don't even....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    I don't see why everyone jumps at OP. He/she merely had some concerns and thought asking here could work since some beta tester might see and think "hey, I didn't think of that" then go to the hidden GW2 beta forums and say "hey, so I was wondering about this [insert concern here]" and then the developers might think "you know, he/she is right, we should make keybinds for the PC version".

You might say "I'm sure they thought of that!"... but we don't know this, do we? We're not mindreaders. And of course the beta tester won't be able to report here and say "it's good, all your concerns have been forwarded, they said [insert reply from developers here]", but I don't see this as the point of the thread, but rather just to report player concerns to a higher authority.

It's like when I go to the mayor hall and make a petition saying the traffic light on my street is broken. I don't expect someone to come and tell me "we're working on it", but I expect a new traffic light when I'll get to cross the street. For now I can't, since the street is in works. But this doesn't change my need for a traffic light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I don't see why everyone jumps at OP. He/she merely had some concerns and thought asking here could work since some beta tester might see and think "hey, I didn't think of that" then go to the hidden GW2 beta forums and say "hey, so I was wondering about this [insert concern here]" and then the developers might think "you know, he/she is right, we should make keybinds for the PC version".
    ^^ This.

Rahzael did not ask anyone to break NDA - the first post asked if a list of certain things could be checked (based on his information that he had available), and given as feedback to ArenaNet via a beta tester in some official way if possible.

The second part of the post asked for any other folk who may have certain ideas based on the information they had concerning the game to also list any comments/concerns in this thread, again, so that potentially this gets fed back to ArenaNet via a beta tester(s) through official channels.

Nothing wrong with this at all IMO, it's helping ArenaNet with a better end result - which is what Beta, and us players, whould all be about right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgaunt View Post

- No mounts
    - No flying mounts

I think he's trying to be clever.

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 07:58 PM ----------

All very legitimate issues I think, and to add one to this list:

- No Duels

Guys, lay off the OP. There's no need to jump down a guys thread when he politely states a few concerns he would like relayed through beta feedback.