Spell Swap: Apparition & Shadowfiend

I was having a thought in regards to these two spells and some of the complaints I have been reading about. Why not just swap the two spells in MOP?

Shadowy Apparition: This spell becomes our CD burst spell, that shadowfiend is now and would read like this:

Your targets shadow consumes them ( some cool animation like from the movie ghost? The target takes the form of the new shadowform glyph while under its effect? ) and it causes x amount of damage every 3 sec for x amount of time. The apparition returns X amount of mana every time it deals damage.

Shadowfiend: This spell becomes the new apparition spell and uses the current shadowfiend model.

Releases a shadowfiend at the target causing X amount of damage. Costs 1 shadow orb.

Major Glyph: Your shadowy apparition attempts to drag the target into the shadows causing the target to move 50% slower.

Minor Glyph: Your shadowfiend takes the form of a Care Bear, Hitler, Range Rover Sport, Ru Paul, the trade chat girl from youtube, Murlock, Ben Bernanke, Adriana Lima, etc.....

You get the idea.

Just a thought on the current MOP situation....
    Last edited by Varako; 2012-03-25 at 01:30 AM.

I wish I could see a spell like the raven birds from the shadow raven priest in wrath in Dragonblight. or even a glyph for that would be nice. Shadow priest need some loving after all the things they are losing <3 if not the spell maybe a Glyph that looks like the raven for the place of the orbs which remind me of shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devisirae View Post
    I wish I could see a spell like the raven birds from the shadow raven priest in wrath in Dragonblight.
    We have asked for that SINCE the release of Wrath and the first shadowpriest saw that mob in Dragonblight.

Secondly, we don't know what we are loosing, That is why beta exists. Once shadowpriests give feedback, things will be more definite. Even at the end of Cata beta, classes were changing constantly due to rewrites on developers "nifty" ideas. I'm on beta and god knows I'll throw a fit if we are close to loosing all that makes us shadow.

Third, I love the function of fiend versus apparitions. The only current fight apparitions are gimped is H Ultra where you don't have a ton of room to move, but all else being equal, you move a bit, your apparitions proc. My main concern is what life will be like post-T13, which 4 set fixed the orb lottery (I still say it was fail on developers parts to have a tier bonus fix a crappy proc/design). I hope the orb lottery is addressed more than anything.
    Last edited by Nymie; 2012-03-26 at 06:03 PM.

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

Mind Blast on beta 100% procs an orb on cast/hit, not sure which it is. SWP has a chance to proc one as well so it becomes a resource just like pallies have.
    The orbs get used by Apparitions that spawn one apparition per orb. Other spells will also utilize this resource.
    So lottery is gone really

Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    Mind Blast on beta 100% procs an orb on cast/hit, not sure which it is. SWP has a chance to proc one as well so it becomes a resource just like pallies have.
    The orbs get used by Apparitions that spawn one apparition per orb. Other spells will also utilize this resource.
    So lottery is gone really
    Sw: p procs an orb 100% of time regardless if you hit or miss.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Varako View Post
    Shadowy Apparition: This spell becomes our CD burst spell
    There is no CD on Apparitions. You can use them, immediately hit sw:p, and then hit apparitions again. The only limit on it is the GCD and it seems like you can't have more than 9 out at one time.

FFS! i want a range rover sport hitting like a...truck!

I mean..how epic is that? 5v5 arena SUV cleave...

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    There is no CD on Apparitions. You can use them, immediately hit sw:p, and then hit apparitions again. The only limit on it is the GCD and it seems like you can't have more than 9 out at one time.
    You do know he is talking about a theoretical change that he wants the developers to make, rather than how it is working right now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know he is talking about a theoretical change that he wants the developers to make, rather than how it is working right now, right?
    Oh blah... to many posts about the betas clouding my brain ><

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    FFS! i want a range rover sport hitting like a...truck!

I mean..how epic is that? 5v5 arena SUV cleave...
    You don't like the idea of a smiling care bear moving at you with open arms, smiling, and a giant rainbow on his chest? I can see me kiting a rogue now....

Maybe have an audio of the care bear saying over n over, " Its not your fault....its not your fault. No, its not your fault. " ( Good Will Hunting reference )
    Last edited by Varako; 2012-03-28 at 12:17 AM.

Beeing chased by a RR sport is still more epic!