Deleted

Orianna? Wtf lady?

Did Orianna get a stealth buff or something?

When I played her before she was bad, that was moooonths ago.
    I was also noobish back then, maybe that was it,

But now she is pretty decent....

People are playing her more and more.

she wasn't buffed. She's still the same as far as I know.

Someone managed to get rank1 by playing her a lot which increased her popularity a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Did Orianna get a stealth buff or something?

When I played her before she was bad, that was moooonths ago.
    I was also noobish back then, maybe that was it,

But now she is pretty decent....

People are playing her more and more.
    She's also free this week. Before this I saw few Ori's, and the last time I laned against one I destroyed her. (Malz ftw!) You just avoid the ball, but people still chase Singed so I guess you can't expect too much genius from the general LoL community.

She, along with Cassiopia, are the only champions ranked at a 100 skill rating, so while I don't believe she's gotten any better, the fact that you're a better player makes you more capable of playing her to the best of your abilities so she would feel stronger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    She, along with Cassiopia, are the only champions ranked at a 100 skill rating, so while I don't believe she's gotten any better, the fact that you're a better player makes you more capable of playing her to the best of your abilities so she would feel stronger.
    Yeah.....guess that is it then.... weird how much you can improve....

But I guess it shows with Ezreal too, I know how to play him so much better now.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-03-25 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Yeah.....guess that is it then.... weird how much you can improve....

But I guess it shows with Ezreal too, I know how to play him so much better now.
    I used to have this as well. You'll end up surprising yourself every time you get a higher understanding of the game and you play that one champion you used to suck at and have no problem playing with it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    She has been slightly buffed the last two patches in a row. While the nerfs to her hit her pretty hard, she is still a decent champ. DotA communities in general are very trendy.

Orianna has never really been bad. Even after the nerfs, she could completely destroy an entire team in teamfights

She quickly became my main when she was released and I've played her in well over 200 games.

Going for a glasscanon build, you could turn those teamfights in an instant. I know people generally don't like builds like that, but with Dissonance and Protect and some map awareness, you're good to go.
    Even the more mainstream build with a couple of defensive AP items thrown in, she deals - as Phreak would say - tons of damage.

I remember when I hadn't played her for months (this was after the nerfs), I decided to do a ranked with her... I went 18-1-23.. Was a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    As far as I know they buffed her autoattack a little bit and recently the range of her ball or something. She used to be quite OP though. Imo one of the most fun champs in-game because of her unique playstyle.

Deleted
    She used to be broken OP. Then they nerfed her and some time later buffed her a bit again. She is in a good spot atm. Not OP, not UP.

She has a new skin
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    I think when they released her Victorian skin, some people that used to play her when she was released started playin her again, and well just f ace-raping.
    Played a game middle as Ziggs and Veigar when they released that skin and had to play vs Orianna both times. Now.... i'm a really really good mid laner, I know when to push / back off / farm from afar, so usually if im getting owned at the lane phase I just farm under my tower and ill only be around 10 - 15 cs behind the enemy mid. But this Orio.... wanted to go cry in a corner.

But then 6:30m came, I went to get some wards and warded enemy blue and kept stealing it for the next 4 respwns and for some reason enemy Orio wasnt playing as good as she was ( which i dont know why )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    As far as I know they buffed her autoattack a little bit and recently the range of her ball or something. She used to be quite OP though. Imo one of the most fun champs in-game because of her unique playstyle.
    Recent changes were a UI buff. Bigger ball (visually, same hit box), a skillshot-direction-display for moving it and an aoe display for the range. Though anyone who plays her would be best to do so with smartcasting thus making these irrelevant.

I really enjoy playing her as support, the power of her shield and speed/slow is overlooked alot I think.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Also her Bladecraft skin is hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Also her Bladecraft skin is hot.
    I prefer Sewn Chaos, reminds me of the milf from Coraline .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    I laughed at the title, because that is exactly what I think of her. I've never played her, nor really understood her so she remains that 'wtf did you just do?'-champ.

It's probably you are a lot better at the game. When i started my first champ was Yi and I thought he was useless, then Nasus and I never got it ditto Veigar, finally tried Swain and liked him so stuck with him for a while after a while tried those old champs for a bit of a change... totally different experience, I mean I read guides and everything all the time, but judgement on when to go back when to stay and when to push, what to buy and when, map awareness, strategy, positioning, last hitting warding, etc all skills that you pick up.