Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

The Laws of Videogaming thread.

I'm starting a law thread where you create gaming rules based on your personal experiences or watching others; it's a simple concept and inside jokes are welcome (but leave the name of the game where the joke is from if you do please :P).

I'll start:
    A law of survival horror games: WHEN YOU ARE BEING CHASED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CONDITIONS, LOOK BACK.

(4:24 is best part for reference ;P)
    Last edited by Snes; 2012-03-25 at 04:38 AM.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

What it takes to win in call of Duty: 78% latency 21% hoping they aren't hacking 1% skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    In a single player RPG, do not attempt to replicate an MMO situation with automated realtime combat.
    Also, for gender ambiguous characters: Please specify male/female unless being used as a plot device to not know their gender

from no games in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Platforming 101: Your princess is in another castle.

Gaming rules, eh? Skelington is going to not think of any himself until maybe later if he's bored or has an epiphany.

Abra will teleport, always.

If you see a blue shell, you are pretty much fucked.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-03-25 at 05:41 AM.

most JRPGs- if you plan on getting the best items/character/unlockables, you had better stop every MINUTE to read ahead on the FAQ/strategy guide, or you WILL miss something- most recent culprit for me? Tales of the Abyss for 3DS. good GOD, i can't do ANYTHING without checking the FAQ any more.

Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    most JRPGs- if you plan on getting the best items/character/unlockables, you had better stop every MINUTE to read ahead on the FAQ/strategy guide, or you WILL miss something- most recent culprit for me? Tales of the Abyss for 3DS. good GOD, i can't do ANYTHING without checking the FAQ any more.
    "Don't open these 16 obvious treasure chests you are not informed about or essentially miss out on the best weapon in the game!"

Screw you, FF12.

Multiplayer FPS games: Everybody's a camper but me; all guns are overpowered but the one I'm using; blame the developer for everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    There will be a water dungeon

and it will suck.

Corollary: There is no corollary, all water dungeons suck.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Remember to check all doors, as evidently, 90% of doors are often not made to be opened. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    There will be a water dungeon

and it will suck.

Corollary: There is no corollary, all water dungeons suck.
    I dunno, Ancient Cistern was amazing in every sense.

for RPGs, the character the weaker a character starts, the stronger they are at high level(hero excluded)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

JRPGs: The cute the monster the fast you need to run the F#$@ away!!!!!!

You always get the best items closest to the last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I'm starting a law thread where you create gaming rules based on your personal experiences or watching others; it's a simple concept and inside jokes are welcome (but leave the name of the game where the joke is from if you do please :P).

I'll start:
    A law of survival horror games: WHEN YOU ARE BEING CHASED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CONDITIONS, LOOK BACK.

(4:24 is best part for reference ;P)
    i played that trial vers before.. its not to bad.. then i bought the full vers and dont even wanna touch it.. those videos.. D=

Don't run, you'll just die tired.

Live and learn, Die and retry.

go to around 2:10ish
    thats why younever look back.. NEVER LOOK BACK

10+ Year Old Account
    My two contributions are also the two greatest rules I live my life based around:

-All of the challenges you encounter in life can be conquered by experience grinding.

and

-There is no hardship that can not be over come with a zerg rush.

in action rpgs(namely the souls series), ALWAYS keep your shield up, the second you let it down something will impale your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    in action rpgs(namely the souls series), ALWAYS keep your shield up, the second you let it down something will impale your ass.
    You don't need a shield if you can roll out of the way!