Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    You don't need a shield if you can roll out of the way!
    yup, roll right into: another trap, off a cliff, unknown, or all of the above.
    when exploring an area(namely the darker zone of the souls games) playing safe and steady is the smart idea.
    after you know the place then its safe to be rogue McDodgey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    yup, roll right into: another trap, off a cliff, unknown, or all of the above.
    when exploring an area(namely the darker zone of the souls games) playing safe and steady is the smart idea.
    after you know the place then its safe to be rogue McDodgey.
    I picked barbarian and always used a 2 hander and never bothered blocking. I went through the game with my defensive tactic being to run around in circles, roll(which sucked because I had to much crap to carry and I killed the guy that stores it), spam the heal items and pray.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-03-25 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I picked barbarian and always used a 2 hander and never bothered blocking. I went through the game with my defensive tactic being to run around in circles, roll(which sucked because I had to much crap to carry and i killed the guy that stores it), spam the heal items and pray.
    more or less i wore heavy armor and used barrier spells for added defense, my weapons were a magic sword and well throwing fireballs(this was in demon's souls before they screwed over casters in dark souls).
    in dark souls im more or less heavy plate with high stam and poise.

Deleted
    In a single player RPG, that dead end on the map off the beaten track? Yup, there's a chest there.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Magic will be very weak or absurdly powerful

15+ Year Old Account
    Be nice to your controller and things around you when frustrated. You're going to need it those things.

Collect all the money and never spend it. There's bound to be something big you'll want to buy.

Deleted
    PVP
    There is always someone better than you

Grinding is the solution to everything. No game in particular, more like basically every game.

If it's too quiet, chances are something will come out and attack you :P
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

1) That super item you get after finishing EVERYTHING in the game? Yeah, you're never gonna have anything useful to do with it.

2) The game presents you with a mega cool item that you did nothing for? Sorry, one time deal.

3) That level was only easy because the boss will take an extra 15 minutes to kill.

4) In pokemon, you know that pokemon you never use and always throw in your bank? Yeah, there's a shiny. If you want the shiny pokemon to use, you will either be out of balls or it will FLEEE.

5) And the most important rule, in Legend of Zelda, always run amok in strangers' hopes and destroy all their pottery.

Go as fast as possible.
    -Super meat boy.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    Zelda series:
    there is always someone that actually needs that seemingly useless crap you got when you traded someone the seemingly useless crap you got before.

lots of rpgs(especially older ones):
    if there is no way to go on with what appears to be the main story line, just speak with everyone possible in the latest town visited to get the next quest.
    it is only an important quest when the hero/heroine/fairy/"other cute animal/person that is coming with you for whatever reason" makes the conversation a dialogue instead of a monologue.
    Last edited by mmocd5f6a5c456; 2012-03-25 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you open a door with a giant empty room on the other side, hit F5.

In all other situations, hit F5 every 3 seconds anyway.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fantasy RPGs: For women, the more your outfit resembles a bikini or berlesque outfit, the higher it's armor value.
    You'll always waste all of your health potions on the trash monsters in any given dungion before reaching the last boss.. Always.
    If you're fighting a giant dragon, chances are it's the last boss, the last boss's minion or a hidden boss.
    If you encounter a lone, smallish type monster in some out of the way location, chances are it will kill you.
    The obligitory spunky female companion will either be hellishly annoying, or be the most popular character in that game on rule 34
    The Obligitory spunky male companion will always be hellishly annoying, no exceptions.
    The Silent badass will always have a massive weapon or some kind of stylish face wear. Or both.
    The healer will always be a girl, furry or teenager (Unless it's the main character)
    Doing those metric-tonn of side quests to attain the ultimate weapon to make the last boss easier will often take longer than just doing the story itself.

FPS games: There will be a bitchy kid in your game lobby, and he will suck hard.
    The guy who says absolutely nothing during the whole game will likely play a sniper type class and outscore everyone by at least 20 points.
    If you join a game in progress, you'll be put on the team that's loosing by a horrifying margin.
    If a whole team is getting spawn camped, chances are they suck horribly anyway to get backed into a corner like that.

MMOs: Bosses have a higher chance of dropping loot no one in the raid can use, even if you bring a highly diverse comp.
    The guy who whines the loudest in BGs about bad teams is either in the top or bottom three.
    The guy who whines the loudest in BGs will almost always be playing the FOTM class.
    If you see only one caster near a BG objective, chances are you have about five seconds before a rogue stunlocks you to death.
    Petty drama will kill your raiding guild faster than an infinate amount of boss wipes.
    You will need to replace all your hard earned, awesome looking epic peices as soon as the next expansion starts.
    All quests in any MMO will be grindy, get over it.

Souls series:
    -NEVER pretend to be a cleric, NEVER

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I'm starting a law thread where you create gaming rules based on your personal experiences or watching others; it's a simple concept and inside jokes are welcome (but leave the name of the game where the joke is from if you do please :P).

I'll start:
    A law of survival horror games: WHEN YOU ARE BEING CHASED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CONDITIONS, LOOK BACK.

(4:24 is best part for reference ;P)
    People still believe its not fake?

Every problem can be solved by a BFG.
    All problems that can't be solved by a BFG can be solved with explosives.
    Any problem that can't be solved with explosives can be solved with bigger explosives.
    Camping is for noobs.
    Fire is bad.

You are encouraged to metagame [can I use it as a verb?]. An area that your character would normally just skip over, but has some kind of jumping or platform puzzle element to it? Clearly you are expected to know something is going to be there and to go out of your way to retrieve the treasure, even though your character wouldn't. I detest seeing this in games.

Oh, if a particular rule or fact is being constantly brought up in a game, the end boss is going to either be an exception or part of some kind of cover-up.
    Last edited by Nalnik; 2012-03-25 at 10:44 AM.

Deleted
    1, 3, 5, 7 LEFT. 2, 4, 6, 8 RIGHT.
    7 and 8 are whelp groups!