Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Doesn't matter that it doesn't proc EoL - it's way stronger than Renew as is.
    LOL, you're rocking my world dude ! Next HM clean I go holy with full crit/multi gear and spam shield everywhere. I suspect topping meters like that would be extremely fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmorcel View Post
    LOL, you're rocking my world dude ! Next HM clean I go holy with full crit/multi gear and spam shield everywhere. I suspect topping meters like that would be extremely fun.
    It's just a matter of replacing Renew as a filler when it comes off cooldown. It's not a giant world of difference, but a noticeable one.

If there's a disc in raid, just tell him you want to shield yourself or something and get him to do everyone else.

P.S. Of course it needs to replace Renew in a situation where the shield is consumed as much as possible. Also glyph PW:S if intending to play Serenity.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-01-20 at 03:48 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Lots of conflicting advice. Glyphed PW:S could be fine in 5-mans, it comes down to personal choice of glyphs.

For 5 mans:
    Chakra: serenity
    Glyphs: Renew is essential, binding heal I'd recommend, the last comes down to choice: deep wells, PW:S, guardian spirit, purify (situational) could be used. There should be no need for spirit of redemption glyph if you're using binding heal well (stupidity aside).
    Surge of light works really well, but it's personal choice between that and mindbender which could help mana issues. Don't pick solace because you can't choose who it heals.

Before pulling the boss, place your lightwell and cast a PoM on the tank if you want. Use lightwell on CD.

Cast renew on the tank, and any player that takes damage. Aim to refresh renew on the tank (always) and any player whose health is not topped off.

Single target refreshes:
    1. HW: serenity is your best single target heal.
    2. Use flash heal procs if using SoL (cast heal if you already have 2xserendipity stacks).
    3. Heal is the next most mana-efficient single target heal, especially with serendipity stacks.
    4. Glyphed PW:shield is more efficient than flash heal, could be used when heal alone is not quite enough. Un-glyphed it does not refresh renew, but could be used in some of the situations mentioned by others.
    5. Emergency single target rotation: flash heal -> flash heal -> heal, but don't forget the guardian spirit option too.

Multiple target refreshes:
    1. Use (glyphed) binding heal, especially if renew needs refreshing on yourself

If the whole group needs heals:
    1. CoH and your group heal talent on CD.
    2. Then binding heal -> binding heal -> PoH only if it's a group emergency-healing-type-situation 'aargh! we're all going to die'.
    3. PoM is going to be situational for pulsing damage.

I use Power Word: Shield alot as holy. With the gylph that makes it heal, it will refresh renew in yellew chakra. It shields for about the same as Heal would heal for... But don't benefit from mastery. If someone is taking constant damage I would use other spells because Echo of Light can stack for some nice numbers, but for random refreshing renew? Power Word: Shield!

Mind you, this is at level 100. Spells sometimes scale wierdly during leveling so it might not hold true for you!

Deleted
    It's just a matter of replacing Renew as a filler when it comes off cooldown. It's not a giant world of difference, but a noticeable one.

If there's a disc in raid, just tell him you want to shield yourself or something and get him to do everyone else.

P.S. Of course it needs to replace Renew in a situation where the shield is consumed as much as possible. Also glyph PW:S if intending to play Serenity.
    Was thinking about that on my way back to work. What I considered a joke for my teamates became suddenly very serious.
    It could actually be extremely good for holy to replace renew with pw:s as a filler. Not sure if pw:s is that much better than renew (I mean after the 15% nerf), but if that's the case it may shift stats prio and be even better for holy.
    I mean, going crit/multistrike instead of haste/multistrike is better for :
    - PoM (doesn'tcurrently benefits from haste)
    - PoH (with serendipity procs)
    - DI procs (same as PoM)
    - maybe even CoH

Now our whole toolkit benefits from both stats. Moreover, our tier bonus emphasises a lot on the use of PoM that (I insist) don't benefit from haste.
    Cherry on top of the cake, I have now the same statweights as AS shadow.

I have to test it. Thx Pos for pointing that out.

Why is this still being discussed when the thread is from almost 3 years ago ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Why is this still being discussed when the thread is from almost 3 years ago ;_;
    Seems someone made an account just to necro this thread.

ಠ_ಠ

Was thinking about that on my way back to work. What I considered a joke for my teamates became suddenly very serious.
    It could actually be extremely good for holy to replace renew with pw:s as a filler. Not sure if pw:s is that much better than renew (I mean after the 15% nerf), but if that's the case it may shift stats prio and be even better for holy.
    I mean, going crit/multistrike instead of haste/multistrike is better for :
    - PoM (doesn'tcurrently benefits from haste)
    - PoH (with serendipity procs)
    - DI procs (same as PoM)
    - maybe even CoH

Now our whole toolkit benefits from both stats. Moreover, our tier bonus emphasises a lot on the use of PoM that (I insist) don't benefit from haste.
    Cherry on top of the cake, I have now the same statweights as AS shadow.

I have to test it. Thx Pos for pointing that out.
    Strictly speaking, Renew has ~50% higher HPM, but PW:S has ~25-30% more HPET.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-01-20 at 08:24 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Deleted
    Well that should be sustainable on short fights (pw:S beeing almost same mana cost as serendipitied CoP).
    Even without the use of pw:s as a filler, I'm really wondering how replacing haste with crit would turn out for holy.

Dumb napkin math :
    110 crit and 100 haste are both 1% healing. If 10% of your spell usage isn't affected by haste, crit becomes better.
    In a "normal", mana conservative rotation (filler*5, CoH, Solace), we can assume that at least 2 out of 10 spells don't benefit from haste (CoH, Solace). So in this scenario, crit would be better.

Of course, math is wrong because CoH indirectly benefits from haste in sanctuary chakkra and solace also kinda benefit from haste (there's a whole debate on the disc priest discussion). Also, I suspect PoM benefits more from crit because each bounce can crit.

Anyway, my point is that, to me, it seems that haste and crit are pretty close and choosing crit over haste could be a viable alternative.

I have in my head this idea that crit can offer for holy some kind of snipping protection. For example, a big multi/crit PoM bounce heals for more and given its current throughput, is not likely to overheal much.
    Also, if mana finally allows the use of T17 bonus using a rotation like :
    - PoM-filler1-filler1-filler1-filler2-CoH-Solace-PoM-filler1... with filler1 beeing pw:S and filler2 beeing serendipitied CoP or Heal
    then I also feel that crit could also be viable, if not better.

I had no idea that if you glyph it it actually refreshes renew o0

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't heal, but isn't it because you're using a GCD for something that might not be as useful as a normal heal?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have in my head this idea that crit can offer for holy some kind of snipping protection. For example, a big multi/crit PoM bounce heals for more and given its current throughput, is not likely to overheal much.
    Also, if mana finally allows the use of T17 bonus using a rotation like :
    - PoM-filler1-filler1-filler1-filler2-CoH-Solace-PoM-filler1... with filler1 beeing pw:S and filler2 beeing serendipitied CoP or Heal
    then I also feel that crit could also be viable, if not better.
    Don't forget that PW:S has a 6 second CD for Holy. You would still have to fill with Renew more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I don't heal, but isn't it because you're using a GCD for something that might not be as useful as a normal heal?
    If this was even remotely true, Disc Priests would be the worst healer class in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Don't forget that PW:S has a 6 second CD for Holy. You would still have to fill with Renew more often than not.
    Damn, I forgot (or didn't know) about that. One would still have to use 2 renews during the "T17 rotation" which increases a lot the value of haste...
    Edit : there's still the scenario where there's so many serendipity procs from PoM that you can cast more than 1 CoP during a rotation... Not sure it's gonna happen a lot...
    Last edited by mmocf4af30eb25; 2015-01-21 at 03:59 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I forgot (or didn't know) about that. One would still have to use 2 renews during the "T17 rotation" which increases a lot the value of haste...
    Edit : there's still the scenario where there's so many serendipity procs from PoM that you can cast more than 1 CoP during a rotation... Not sure it's gonna happen a lot...
    I'm sure it will, but I don't know that I would want to gear around it :P For me personally, I can't think of the last time I raided where I either wasn't or didn't play with Disc. It seems like a disservice overall to play as a pseudo one if your raid doesn't have one.

Deleted
    Well I wouldn't call that playing disc since just 2 out of 10 spells at most will be pw:s (It's easy to squeeze in if there's only 1 disc in the raid).
    What I'm really getting at is that I think a crit/multi gearset isn't far behind a haste/multi one for holy, especially with the T17 bonus. Which is good IMO because those stat prio are the same as AS shadow. Now I'm personnaly sticking with disc but knowing I can swap Shadow or Holy with the same gearset when needed is enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was even remotely true, Disc Priests would be the worst healer class in the game.
    Sure, but the thread is about holy.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

nice post & nice story

I realize this has been mentioned, but thought I would add my two cents: Speaking from the perspective of a disc priest, it is VERY irritating when raiding with a shielding holy priest. It's just so inefficient for holy and it's really all disc has to work with. So I beg of you, please don't shield if you are playing with a disc priest, because I guarantee you that they're keeping an eye on that weakened soul, and you are just ruining everything lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    I realize this has been mentioned, but thought I would add my two cents: Speaking from the perspective of a disc priest, it is VERY irritating when raiding with a shielding holy priest. It's just so inefficient for holy and it's really all disc has to work with. So I beg of you, please don't shield if you are playing with a disc priest, because I guarantee you that they're keeping an eye on that weakened soul, and you are just ruining everything lol
    In our heroic alt raids the healers all viciously fight to use their cool downs with the most efficiency possible. As soon as I divine hymn our MW will almost always snipe with revival to milk that 10% extra healing while laughing hysterically over mumble, similar things happen when tranq is used too.

Last night we were calling for each others cooldowns to trick them into being used when not needed so they're not available and we can't be sniped, this was realized pretty quickly though.
    After being sniped a few times I got my revenge by life gripping our druid to his interrupt tranq casts - he was a little bit salty hahaha.

Suffice to say outside of main raid when we're on farm everything is fair game. If the disc priest isn't quick enough to get every PW: S then its their own fault and they have some improving to do.