Poll: Would you be okay with it if they killed off Lilian Voss?!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be okay with it, but only because Blizz has not really given me a reason to like her all that much. She is a cool character (I like the Forsaken lore so I think most of their lore characters are awesome), but I don't see any reason why she should be become a "main" character like Thrall and Sylvanas. Do people really dislike Sylvanas so much that they want a minor character to replace her as the leader? (For this thread's purposes, this will be rhetorical)

If she ends up dying in the heroics I am fine with this. A little disappointed that they built up a character like her just to make her a minor boss, yes, but I don't really see the point of trying to force her down people's throats as anything but a cool character that you met in your undead starting zone area.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Meh. She was a Magic: the Gathering reference, and felt pretty flat (her entire character can be summed up as a pissed-off assassin. That's cliche even by Warcraft standards), so I don't really mind seeing her killed off, since it looks like she goes down like a badass.
    Don't forget the cliche daddy issues. A lot of good characters start cliche though, and then move on from there. It's fun to see them rise out of obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    pissed-off assassin
    That's just wrong on so many levels, I don't even know what to say. It's like saying Sylvanas is a genocidal ranger.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It shouldn't be Garrosh who dies in this expansion, it should be Sylvanas. And Voss should be taking her place.

I would personally be happy if Saurfang became Warchief and John Keeshan took Varian's place too.
    I'd like to piont out that words like "die" or "kill" have never been used in relation to Garrosh's unseating and it wouldn't be the first time a boss was only "defeated".

P.S. WTF King Keeshan??! I like the guy as much as anybody but why Keeshan?!

Deleted
    Well, she was dead in the first place anyway sooooo ...
    But anyways, I think she had a great "personality" ingame in the first place. Something cool. Chaos! But we'll see what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    In this case I see her being hated as a so-called flaw which is meant to empower her even further. Partially through this she is turned into a completely idealized character. Just about every Mary Sue nowadays has a tragic past.

At least her beard alone isn't enough to reap down the enemy armies as is almost the case with Rhonin.

Please note that I have quite loose standards for what is or isn't Mary Sue.
    Please read the edit. "Mary Sue" doesn't really have a definition in the traditonal sense ergo when it's used people tend to fight. If those fights get bad enough my thread a'splode. That would make me sad. So please another term. I'll be sad if my thread a'splode.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    P.S. WTF King Keeshan??! I like the guy as much as anybody but why Keeshan?!
    Because he has much better reasons to hate Orcs than Varian, and is less whiny about it? He's also a real veteran and warrior.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Simple answer.....yes.

Most definitely, yes,

EJL

No, kill off Sylvanas instead

I absolutely would. The "out of nowhere and I've got superpowers" aspect of the character never jived with me.

Blizzard, feel free to off the ridiculous character.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    her quotes in that fight involve saying she won't allow necromancers to spread their plague any longer. that means she's going after the undeath source before going after the scarlet monastery.

remember: in cata she went from tirisfal to weastern plaguelands (and killed scarlets there). she was probably on her way to scholomance when she saw the scarlet camp there and decided to burn them all.

but since she fails at scholomance and dies, she won't be hitting the scarlets anymore lol
    Jeez ... she did not die. Watch the video again! Sigh!

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    She needs to die because;

1, the entire character is a completely overused utterly dull concept.

2, for once Blizzard needs to kill a hero. The mentality of "Heroes must kil all vilans!!!!!!!!!!" only makes the game even more boring.
    Uther lightbringer would like a word with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope she doesn't die, she's a really great character with a lot of potential to be important to the forsaken one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    That's just wrong on so many levels, I don't even know what to say. It's like saying Sylvanas is a genocidal ranger.
    Let's take a look at Lillian's character traits:
    1) She's angry. Like, all the time, after you find her in Tirisfal and she goes on a Scarlet killing spree. Even when you find her out in the field she whispers you, informing you that she could kill you where you stand and other lovely, cliche lines.
    2) She was specifically trained as an assassin capable of taking out powerful Scourge and Forsaken. She even has a completely unique, never-before-seen superpower that allows her to carry out that mission, although she turns it on the Scarlets. Now... where have we seen powerful assassins turn on their employers, after their employers leave them for dead? Come to think of it, it's a painfully generic plot for many an anime, many a Western action flick, and many a video game.
    3) Tying into 2, she has a totally unique, never-before-seen superpower that other, established characters can only gawk and marvel at, and talk about how powerful she is and how badly they need her. Blatant Sue shilling, and another painful cliche.

So, yes, her character really can be boiled down to 'pissed-off assassin,' because that's what she is. Sylvanas has a few nuances to her beyond 'genocidal ranger,' but characters in Warcraft tend to be kind of flat anyway. Lillian gets the dubious honor of being flat even by Warcraft's standards.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I have no idea who this character is as I play Alliance (one of the MANY horrible problems with having multi-faciton storylines).

But, from what little I've read of her - it's pretty clear this character is meant to be sympathetic and it's very doubtful she will be killed.

In fact, I'm going to go so far as to say we're right now probably seeing a work-in-progress replacement for Sylvanas so they can close her story up while giving a replacement after Sylvanas goes mad.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2012-03-26 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I have no idea who this character is as I play Alliance (one of the MANY horrible problems with having multi-faciton storylines).

But, from what little I've read of her - it's pretty clear this character is meant to be sympathetic and it's very doubtful she will be killed.

In fact, I'm going to go so far as to say we're right now probably seeing a work-in-progress replacement for Sylvanas so they can close her story up while giving a replacement after Sylvanas goes mad.
    No no no no. Go play the dang starter zone. Forming opinions on hearings is dumb. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Whiny emo lady who can command powerful shadow magiks without even trying?

Kill it with fire, plz.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    I'll be okay with it, but only because Blizz has not really given me a reason to like her all that much.
    Like her? No. But to be intrigued by her... definitely! She's a very interesting character, and even though she was probably supposed to be just as much of a throwaway as Mr "maybe I'll invent forsaken with elbows!" we still wanted to know more about her. I would be very disappointed if she was made into nothing more than a boss to be slaughtered. They haven't given us any reason to be at odds with her, yet, either.

And her beginning isn't really so different than Sylvanas', so I see a bit of a reason to care about her there.

EDIT: Also, I'm REALLY disappointed after watching a few minutes into that video, because I thought they said they were leaving the lower level versions unchanged, and that is changed all over the place. Not. Happy.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2012-03-26 at 10:23 PM.

Sig by Isilrien

15+ Year Old Account
    No, but only because I want her around to help me kill Sylvanas once and for all.

Yeah, I said it undead fanboys. Come at me and such. I meant every word. That cow needs to be under something, all right, and it's not Undercity.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    No, but only because I want her around to help me kill Sylvanas once and for all.

Yeah, I said it undead fanboys. Come at me and such. I meant every word. That cow needs to be under something, all right, and it's not Undercity.
    *Cracks knuckles* You are lucky I have a headache right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post
    Because he has much better reasons to hate Orcs than Varian, and is less whiny about it? He's also a real veteran and warrior.
    The Alliance is a Monarchy a heraditary one at that. Keeshan is awesome but do we really need an homage about Rambo running the Alliance? *shudder*