Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Beta stuck on "Updating Setup Files"

so i really dont know whats causing this, i've re-downloaded it, restarted my comp etc. it wasnt doing this yesterday when i tried opening the beta to download it.

has anyone else had this problem? i know theres been problems about being stuck while downloading the beta, but this is before even the launcher opens

Mod edit: Solution here
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-04-07 at 06:08 AM.

I had this happen, I just let it go for like an hour, maybe more, it finally finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine got stuck at exactly that point. I restarted and all that, but what worked in the end was just waiting. When it got past that point it was like done immediately. Just wait it out, it's not how I'm used to installers working but beta is beta.

I went out after posting this and just now got back home and its in the same exact spot..... Meh just gonna close it and hope it works tmw

Delete the Battle.net folder with the Agent file in it. That should solve the problem. The Agent file has had issues before.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

10+ Year Old Account
    At least from the Pre-download thread for people who haven't gotten into the beta yet, close the launcher and Agent.exe from your task manager. Delete (or rename) the Battle.net folder from your C:\ProgramData then start the beta launcher again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Happened to me several times and what helped me (on a Mac though) was… I deleted "World of Warcraft.app" and "World of Warcraft Beta Launcher.app" (just moved it to the trash bin), then opened the "World of Warcraft Beta Setup.app" file (which you use to download). That then said something like "something went wrong, please install again bla bla", then it closed, I recovered the two files from the trash bin, then opened World of Warcraft Beta Launcher.app and the normal Launcher window came up and downloaded again.

:3

Greetings

Start Menu > Run

Write %programdata% and press Enter.

Find Battle.net folder and open it.

There should be three folders: Agent, Client and Setup. Now, delete all of them, completely.

Restart the launcher again.

Mine was fixed with this way.

Good luck.

Thanks Nelliel, that solved the issue for me! How do you guys come up with these solutions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Had an Agent.exe issue as well, did as Aquamonkey said and renamed the Battle.net folder in ProgramData
    Then restarted the Beta Setup.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliell View Post
    Start Menu > Run

There should be three folders: Agent, Client and Setup. Now, delete all of them, completely.

Good luck.
    God Dahm Genius.. or well at-least you helped me, thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't work for me, removed the Battle.Net folder in %appdata% and %programdata% and it's still stuck on updating setup files...unless its meant to take a half hour or longer.

Start Menu > Run

Good luck.
    This worked for me as well! You are awesome!

Start Menu > Run

Good luck.
    You're a saint.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen View Post
    Happened to me several times and what helped me (on a Mac though) was… I deleted "World of Warcraft.app" and "World of Warcraft Beta Launcher.app" (just moved it to the trash bin), then opened the "World of Warcraft Beta Setup.app" file (which you use to download). That then said something like "something went wrong, please install again bla bla", then it closed, I recovered the two files from the trash bin, then opened World of Warcraft Beta Launcher.app and the normal Launcher window came up and downloaded again.

:3

Greetings
    Had the same issue, what I did is letting it stand the whole night. After that I quitted the program and opened it, and I got through because it had downloaded it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Beta updated fine and is there a chance that people can still get in no matter what or I'm too late?
    For the Horde!

Start Menu > Run

Good luck.
    Just wanted to say that worked like a champ. Thanks.

I did this and it worked, but now it doesn't want to start installing. "Installing..... 0%" :/

All i did was close the launcher, went to task manager, opened the processes tab and ended the "agent.exe" process, started the launcher and now its working perfectly