Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tales of Tyria presents "How To Guild Wars 2: The Economy"

If you still have questions about Guild Wars 2 market, you should check out this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx7o7CRoDXc

It clearly explains how currencies are exchanged.

Deleted
    10/10

This clears all the gem stuff being argued in last few days.

Wow, that was excellently explained, thank you for sharing that. I've been reading gw2guru forums and I got the sense that the system was completely broken...looks like it was slightly exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewaker View Post
    Wow, that was excellently explained, thank you for sharing that. I've been reading gw2guru forums and I got the sense that the system was completely broken...looks like it was slightly exaggerated.
    Yh.....gw2guru has that effect. That place could take mathematical principles and convince you they were broken.
    Trust me, it's the site itself and those using it that are broken.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah very nice. I also recommend their weekly podcast, been listening to that weekly for quite a while.

There is another podcast tonight (monday) that might have more information about this as well as new beta info released today.

That flowchart and video is almost dead-on. Has a couple of things that are slightly incorrect. Nvm read stickies is good.
    Last edited by Tstr88; 2012-03-26 at 09:30 AM.

That cleared up a lot of things and confusions. I love how Gold can be exchanged to Influence. This method essentially takes gold out of the economy and ensures a healthy balance to avoid inflation. Afterall, if gold becomes to inflated everyone would just pump it into the Influence to earn relative cheap bonusses (relative to the amount of gold in circulation) and thus destroying gold. Untill it balances out again.

Great video Explained a lot!
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Deleted
    Everything is linked, probably the gw2 economy will be stable.

Deleted
    Great info video and a pleasant voice Have to keep an eye on that podcast

Deleted
    Hopefully someone will show the full list of what can currently be acquired through gems in the next round of press vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannaya View Post
    Hopefully someone will show the full list of what can currently be acquired through gems in the next round of press vids.
    Already a video mainly on it by sagelikeone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwUNz8EMl7A

The chart shown in the vid needs to be seen by anyone who still has doubts about the system.
    Together with what is said in the vid, that gems can only be sold to players (not NPCs) and that anything will be acquirable through gold in game anyway...it shows why it's really not a big deal.
    Good vid.

Deleted
    Didn't realise this had already all been shown, although it isn't current. Surprised there isn't more complaining about some of the cash shop items tbh. Some of them definitely have the feel of a cheap f2p game and the Mystic Keys and perfect salvage items are awfully cynical in their current format.
    I dont like the idea of exp boosts or extra bag options as they only way to provide incentive for buying them is to limit inventory space/exp gain for non-gem buyers.
    As for 'they are all acquirable through in-game methods' this is only true by trading gold for gems - not the same thing as being able to acquire them by killing mobs/farming mats or w/e.

Didn't realise this had already all been shown, although it isn't current. Surprised there isn't more complaining about some of the cash shop items tbh. Some of them definitely have the feel of a cheap f2p game and the Mystic Keys and perfect salvage items are awfully cynical in their current format.
    I dont like the idea of exp boosts or extra bag options as they only way to provide incentive for buying them is to limit inventory space/exp gain for non-gem buyers.
    As for 'they are all acquirable through in-game methods' this is only true by trading gold for gems - not the same thing as being able to acquire them by killing mobs/farming mats or w/e.
    I doubt everything has been shown. Just the major things or items being tested.
    Also, you actually have quite a bit of bag space already from the start. The extra space is mainly for horders or people who have plenty of outfits for roleplaying and other things.

Thanks guys, if you want the direct link to the image, here it is.

Tonight is going to be a great big show. We're going to talk about the microtransactions, gem system, etc. We're also going to be covering all of the info from the press posted today. You can find it at talesoftyria.com/live/ at 8pm EDT. If you have any suggestions/comments send them in to feedback-at-talesoftyria-dot-com

Hope we can get more videos like this one out in the future, with actual gameplay, once we get access to it

Edit, it wouldn't le tme link the image, let me try again: i.imgur.com/OGWsQ.jpg
    Last edited by Bridger; 2012-03-27 at 05:16 PM.

To sum up about thirteen minutes of obvious information...

Gems cAn get you everything in the game.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    The first 10 minutes are pretty obvious information for anyone who's ever played an MMO for at least 30 days. The last few minutes summarize everything that has been said on the forums with massive justifications to game and cash shop balance (lol WvW isn't supposed to be balanced. That'll change after a wave of complainers).

I'm pretty sure ANet will address and fix anything that can be exploited in the game via the use of gems and gold. At least I hope they do.

Deleted
    Well, seems that it fit "as long as it not give UNFAIR adventage over ppl spending time". With how Anet defining unfair being key. Good there are no damage boosts etc, tbh karma boost and Mystic Keys arnt that cool for me.

At end I guess that except bags and bank slots, character slots you can compensate other perks with enough time spend in game. And more time you spend , more you will be forced to buy space for stuff you gathered - unless you wont be gathering all this cool looking gear.