Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If I recall correctly, it was 10 gold for 100 influence, 100 gold for 1000 influence, and 1000 gold for 10000 influence. I don't think gold is going to be that easy to come by. If you actually want to have a ton of buffs all the time (we're not even sure if they can stack...) you have to pay an influence fee 4 times to insta-build something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    It's an attempt to inform those who predict the worst based upon too little evidence. If the top guilds all buy influence with cash and the 4% boost to stats (less than what an orb of power grants, btw) make a huge difference, I'm in the streets protesting with you. If Karma items or items inside the chests are so rare that the only feasible way to get them is with karma boosts mystic keys, it'll be the next Bridger Rant on the podcast. I don't foresee either of those things happening.
    Well what do you think then about this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pugsvos4y5g "Guild Wars 2 Let's Talk: Flaws of GW2? W/ SageLikeOne and Philetic " discussion about microtransations start at 29:00 exactly. Its more talk about concept and what and why can go wrong in GW2. Its not negative, more like "this are problems which can happen and I wouldnt them to happen in GW2" attitude.

For me it looks like Anet already start checking how market can react to certain stuff in cash shop.
    Leaked info here and there to see what causing controversy or what fans just take with "but it wont be problem" , "its optional" , "no1 will rly spend much money on that" arguments etc etc.
    You can see how this already evolving. First fans were saying - cash shop will have only cosmetic items and character/bag slots etc its all ok. Then we got info about several boosters in cash shop and fans changed opinion - boosters are either ok or not big enough to worry about. I wonder how far it can go before it wotn be ok anymore.
    Im kinda with Lucky_ on this topic. This what this guys are talking in video is lacking in yours imo. You put good info but imo intend was clear - to show there is no danger at all.
    Problem is that all this is based on faith in Anet. Assumption that Anet, or NCsoft wont want make moneys on cash shop and we rly dont know how big influence NCsoft have on Anet.
    One of real dangers about gems being sold for gold is that if company want, they can justify putting anything in cash shop. A lot fans just seems to ignore that.

nice video, it explained things very well. I think Anet will do a good job in managing the GW2 economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanrei View Post

Problem is that all this is based on faith in Anet.
    Correction: It is based upon trust in arenanet. Faith is a belief held without supporting evidence. Trust is earned through past experience. I trust Arenanet to not screw up my gameplay for a quick buck because they didn't do it in the past.

Assumption that Anet, or NCsoft wont want make moneys on cash shop and we rly dont know how big influence NCsoft have on Anet.
    Nobody is assuming Anet or NCSoft doesn't want to make money. That would be completely incorrect. Their existence depends upon making money, and one would argue that the whole point of their existence (as a publicly traded company) is to make money (fiduciary responsibility and all that).

However, I also understand that if they implement *any* kind of actual Pay to Win scheme their MMO will fail and they will NOT make money. They also know that, which is clear from their blog posts. In this, I also trust that Anet knows to not piss off their customers, because it would actually result in making less money, not more.

Deleted
    Correction: It is based upon trust in arenanet. Faith is a belief held without supporting evidence. Trust is earned through past experience. I trust Arenanet to not screw up my gameplay for a quick buck because they didn't do it in the past.

Nobody is assuming Anet or NCSoft doesn't want to make money. That would be completely incorrect. Their existence depends upon making money, and one would argue that the whole point of their existence (as a publicly traded company) is to make money (fiduciary responsibility and all that).

However, I also understand that if they implement *any* kind of actual Pay to Win scheme their MMO will fail and they will NOT make money. They also know that, which is clear from their blog posts. In this, I also trust that Anet knows to not piss off their customers, because it would actually result in making less money, not more.
    You are right about using faith word. So its trust. Like I said video was good info, what it missed for me personaly was what you wrote above. That you trust Anet because you think that if they go too far, they will loose not earn money. Because wihtout it your video was rly one sided patting on back "its all going be ok".

Ofc thats mine personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanrei View Post
    You are right about using faith word. So its trust. Like I said video was good info, what it missed for me personaly was what you wrote above. That you trust Anet because you think that if they go too far, they will loose not earn money. Because wihtout it your video was rly one sided patting on back "its all going be ok".

Ofc thats mine personal opinion.
    For what it's worth, if Anet doesn't go any further than they have, then I don't really have a problem with their shop at all (assuming it turns out as I expect, and buying influence with cash is basically spending a million dollars for a 2 inch lead in the 500 yard dash).

This whole debate is about people's predictions of a system we don't have access to yet. Some people have predicted that the system (as we know it) will cause them no end of grief because others will get major advantages over them. I don't predict that this will happen.

For what it's worth, if Anet doesn't go any further than they have, then I don't really have a problem with their shop at all (assuming it turns out as I expect, and buying influence with cash is basically spending a million dollars for a 2 inch lead in the 500 yard dash).

This whole debate is about people's predictions of a system we don't have access to yet. Some people have predicted that the system (as we know it) will cause them no end of grief because others will get major advantages over them. I don't predict that this will happen.
    I don't see anything at all right now with what they've told us, or what we see that gives anyone any sort of advantage over anyone at all. Hope it stays that way~
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic