Does anyone Prot Pally PvP anymore?

If so, what's the correct reforging and gemming? right now I'm all strength and crit, which would work if we still had vengeance in pvp. i'm usually the FC in any bg that requires one, but i've noticed that pure focus dps on me can be quite chaotic. I love my little paladin, but it seems FC'ing on my DK is a lot more viable. I guess what I am waiting for is for someone to tell me that paladins are still decent in BG's.

Deleted
    Full resi/stam and FC.

thanks for the advice, now for enchants; should i use dps enchants or avoidance enchants?

Avoidance doesn't help against casters or when melee are behind you... So Resi/Stam > DPS > Tank(Dodge/Parry/Mastery) I guess.

thank you both very much, you'd be surprised as to the lack of information you can't find on google. =)

Deleted
    Taugrim's guide to Prot PVP

This was last updated for 4.0.6 and Taugrim no longer plays WoW. However, there is still information within this post that is applicable.

Prot Paladins are not as viable as they once were, Blizzard have even commented that they are no longer concerned with Prot Paladin viability in PvP [-link-]. That being said, if you are a good PvP'er you can still have a lot of fun as Prot.

If you run with a healer you can do well as a FC and as a means of defence until back up arrives. You can make a huge difference in keeping Towers in Storm Peaks or flags in Arithi Basin/Battle for Gilneas.

Just don't expect to be as well equipped to kill one on one as a DK/Warrior in their Prot specs. It is doable with burst trinkets/AW but you have to work at it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    at least we're getting more mobility in pandaland

prot viability

Hi
    don't listen to the nay sayers who say prot isnt viable. I have a prot pally fc, i have gemmed mainly stam some strength and some hit as well as using landslide on my axe, prot is very viable if you think outside the square and really knuckle down to knowing the class.
    I have heard how awesome warriors and dk's are and have seen a few good ones out there, personally I think a well played pally or druid tops either. Thats the key any fc class played well, will do well. Having recently lvl'd a pvp arc mage from that perspective dk's go down easily, warriors are a pain in the ass because of stuns and their mobility and pallys are a pain because of the defensive capabilities.
    At the end of the day play the class you enjoy most, and you well get a spot with a rated team if you know what your doing with a pally fc.
    A really good pally fuck your day up is inquisition, pop a golemblood potion wings and as for a 50k+ crit, or as towelliee puts it a massive shield fuck.
    Best of luck to you.
    If you want to armory me, Killbot Caelestrasz

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 01:23 AM ----------

one other thing try arena as prot, its hilarious everyone wants to kill the pally tank so while they focus on me they die from my arena partners hammering fuck outta them, best arena partner i had was a warrior tank between the two of us we were just about unkillable.
    The idea with having hit gems and landslide means a dps boost which is a bit of a shock for people who dont expect a pally tank to kill them quickly.
    Give it a try, you will love it
    Last edited by killbot; 2012-03-23 at 05:16 PM. Reason: add more in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    at least we're getting more mobility in pandaland
    For prot, this is definitely true.

For ret however it's debatable due to the few things they are loosing.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

I am one of the minority still practicing prot pvp. I am a BG hero, yes.
    My stat priority is Strength > resi > hit 5% > crit > expertise (not capped, but a bit of expertise is nice to reduce dodges and parries. Glyphs are word of glory, shield of righteousness, crusader strike. I'm currently rolling with mending on my weapon because its cheap but will probably upgrade to landslide to increase damage output.
    Chain silences and interrupts have led to me being able to solo kill geared healers! Survivability against any melee class is very high, quite a few casters are easy to handle too and I'm only really wary of frost mages. So I think prot is definitely not dead for pvp!
    I only FC if there's no one I deem worthy of carrying the flag in my stead
    Last edited by Solus; 2012-03-27 at 09:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya View Post
    There's more bosses after Saurfang?

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    I got 99 problems, but a totem ain't one.
    Word.