10+ Year Old Account

It's a bit early, but what do you think about how Shadow is in Beta?

I'm interested to see people's opinions, what with the huge reduction to multidotting.

I think Blizzard is keeping to their word about damage balance between all specs (fury and Arms for instance for a Warrior is an example), but I think Shadow might be left behind. Our damage Single Target is incredibly low compared to other classes, especially when movement isn't involved. As well, a lot of that extra damage while moving came from being able to throw out SW:P and spam DP on multiple targets, as well as multiple dots running while we were moving around. Now that we're losing a huge portion of that damage, our single target damage will either have to go up, or we will fall far behind in terms of EDPS.

On the other hand, I can see our raid utility going up with all these new spells. Think about Void Shifting a friend or a tank who's dying. It's percent based. It's a bit OP right now and I'm sure it will be changed at some point, but I think we're going to end up taking a similar role as to what we did in BC.

Personally I don't mind, so long as our damage isn't so far gapped as it was back in BC. It was good, but if you played with others who played their DPS classes well, you were outclassed easily.

The big thing for me is playstyle. I like my current playstyle. I love managing dots and having several ways to maximize DPS that are a LITTLE RNG based, but mostly skill, practice, and timing based (using archangel properly with Fiend to maximize your 4pc bonus is a lot of fun, I think.). I hope it doesn't change the feel too drastically so that I feel like I'm playing a different class.

What do you think?

I think Void Shift has been restricted to non-tanks, but its still a possible major utility spell during progression. I have not gotten my beta yet, but have been watching streams and reading a lot. From what I can tell mana is our huge trouble right now. No mana back on SW and non from wings if speced into archangel. I've seen dungeon fights with shadow going oom in about two min on single target bosses. As for mobility, if proc specced you have the ability to use several spells while moving in addition to SW:P. I think they have not worked much on shadow atm, but I suspect come mid-beta we will have a few bugs worked out and our dps model will be more set.

I Foresee a similar path like WLK beta. Spriest will get the shaft till halfway the expansion.

If they fix the mana issues multidotting will be fine.

All comments and questions about the beta should be posted in this thread thanks.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r!-MoP-edition

Thanks