Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Post The walking caster

Seems to be the ranged classes will be able to run the marathon while casting.
    But not every spell, is meteor shower and the big spells the only ones we wont be able to cast while walking? In original gw we had to stand still to cast (even the minor spells).
    Also melles can throw axes and use bow to cripple.

Who will get the advantage the casters or the melles?

Quote Originally Posted by Rytlock BigPaw View Post
    Seems to be the ranged classes will be able to run the marathon while casting.
    But not every spell, is meteor shower and the big spells the only ones we wont be able to cast while walking? In original gw we had to stand still to cast (even the minor spells).
    Also melles can throw axes and use bow to cripple.

Who will get the advantage the casters or the melles?
    Only spells that won't be able to be cast while running are channeled spells. Also, a lot of melee classes have the ability to get close to casters fairly easily and close the gap to get in close. You can also roll and dodge spells just from moving from it's path of trajectory.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

I can assure you neither melee nor ranged will have the upper hand. I'm confident Anet will do an amazing job at balancing the classes. Also, i lol'ed hard at "run the marathon".

everyone is both ranged and melee with some build, making this discussion mostly irrelevant. It will largely depend on many factors of the game as to which build is better for a specific time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    I can assure you neither melee nor ranged will have the upper hand. I'm confident Anet will do an amazing job at balancing the classes. Also, i lol'ed hard at "run the marathon".
    Considering Melee users can change to a gun/bow and do just as good at range as another class helps too. Vice versa as well as ranger can switch to melee weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Considering Melee users can change to a gun/bow and do just as good at range as another class helps too. Vice versa as well as ranger can switch to melee weapons.
    That's not really like it should be, is it? If you have to switch to a ranged weapon every time things get hard/you face a ranged focused enemy, it's not balanced.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    That's not really like it should be, is it? If you have to switch to a ranged weapon every time things get hard/you face a ranged focused enemy, it's not balanced.
    I never said they had to, it's an option to switch. Like I said earlier, most melee oriented classes have gap closers (warrior charge/whirlwind) that will get them closer.

Only spells that won't be able to be cast while running are channeled spells. Also, a lot of melee classes have the ability to get close to casters fairly easily and close the gap to get in close. You can also roll and dodge spells just from moving from it's path of trajectory.
    One of the Elementalists spamable 1 abilities is channeled and can be used while moving <- exception.

There's no such thing as "melee classes" and "ranged classes" in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Well Elementalists have no true melee, nor do Necromancers but I may be mistaken on that one.

Melee is typically 4 yards. Elementalist daggers are more like 10 yards spells. I think it would be similar to a pyrotech/vanguard in TOR if you've ever played that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Well Elementalists have no true melee, nor do Necromancers but I may be mistaken on that one.
    By "melee" I'm referring to "melee range". Whether you're using a physical weapon, or a magical ability, isn't really that important.

By "melee" I'm referring to "melee range". Whether you're using a physical weapon, or a magical ability, isn't really that important.
    Well then my point still stands. Elementalists are short ranged, not melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's mostly the targeted AOE abilities like Barrage and a few of the Warrior sword spam abilities (Hundred Blades and the Greatsword equivalent). Whirling Defense also can't be used while moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Well then my point still stands. Elementalists are short ranged, not melee.
    Well technically this is not correct. I believe the elementalist can spawn melee weapons, which are then used by the elementalist (or anyone else) as though it were a physical melee weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    Let's just say that i agree with this statement

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 12:38 PM ----------

Well technically this is not correct. I believe the elementalist can spawn melee weapons, which are then used by the elementalist (or anyone else) as though it were a physical melee weapon.
    You are walking on the right path

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightning Hammer is the best thing ever, you just wait till launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not worried about melee being fucked like in most traditional MMOs. They're giving melee a shit ton of mobility, and a lot of roots/stuns/snares are really short duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'm not worried about melee being fucked like in most traditional MMOs. They're giving melee a shit ton of mobility, and a lot of roots/stuns/snares are really short duration.
    This is why I giggled when I posted a warrior build focusing on mobility and someone said that there was 'no way' I'd be able to get near a mesmer.
    Yes, because they are totally retarded enough to make it so that the most mobile warrior spec has no chance of hitting any mesmer. Sounds like Anet.

There is range and melee combat though... so your comment isn't very useful.
    Last edited by Allanon the Mystic; 2012-03-26 at 03:54 PM.

I wasn't talking to you.
    I corrected myself before you quoted. Ohwell.