10+ Year Old Account

Question Spectral guise rumor true or false?

Ok this spell,

Spectral Guise: New. Your shadow blurs into the darkness, leaving your true form behind. As a shadow you are invisible, but remain in combat. Lasts 6 sec or until your true form is hit by 3 direct attacks. 30 sec cooldown, Instant cast.
    I've been hearing rumors that it also reflects attacks made on your "fake" form damaging the attacker. I'm wondering if anyone has some proof if this is true or false or if someone with the beta can test it.

Thanks for the help! and imo if this is false then this spell is almost useless besides an aggro/target drop.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it absorbs 3 abilities, that's an amazing tool - if a ret jumps on me with wings/zealotry and I Spectral Guise, and he Hands of Justice, Templar's Verdict, Crusader's Strike only to finally discover the target he's hitting isn't me? That's an incredible ability.

The only way this ability could suck is if we take damage from the attacks to our form, and if it counts all damage (white attacks, dot ticks, etc) not just abilities - then it would be horrible.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The true form taking hits, and how that damage translates still leave a lot of question for me. And the time limit. I see some use, but I can't help but think there's a better design for similar benefit. I suppose I'll just have to see.

what really makes it strong is its cooldown.. but it is kinda depressing for an lvl 87 ability compared to the ones of other classes.
    <inactive>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    what really makes it strong is its cooldown.. but it is kinda depressing for an lvl 87 ability compared to the ones of other classes.
    I agree. Not only that, but I feel like this could just as easily become a talent that changes Fade. The abilities are very similar already, especially with the Phantasm being strikingly similar. The ability sounds cool, but just seems sort of redundant and underwhelming compared to other classes lvl 87 ability, not to mention the 0 use it has in PvE.

Hopefully they will realize this and make it into a talent and replace the lvl 87 with a more useful ability.

So if I understand this right, you pop this, your "shadow" remains where you were when you used it, some Rogue/Pally/whatever is wailing on your shadow, you keep moving, after 3 attacks or 6 seconds your shadow disappears and the other guy sees you appear on the other side of the room?

If it works that way on a 30 sec cd that's pretty awesome. I wonder if you get some kind of movement speed bonus while being a shadow.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Deleted
    Quite obviously a pvp talent, only use i can see in pve is making us into kiters? with the movement buffs and cc we will be geting to this is where i see us going possibly. Not entirely chuffed with it as i never envied kiters, but suppose it's more in our toolbox to make sure people bring us along

Awesome talent if it works the way described. Cant wait to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    I agree. Not only that, but I feel like this could just as easily become a talent that changes Fade. The abilities are very similar already, especially with the Phantasm being strikingly similar.
    I'm still taking bets on Fade and Spectral Guise sharing CD, because they're just to similar.
    If it doesnt' share CD with fade, combined with all other abilities we have, it might end up too much. If it does, it's pretty much useless.

Honestly, we do not even need a spell like Spectral Guise. We have fade/phantasm to dodge ranged attacks in PvP in MoP on a 30 sec CD (without glyph), and we have dispersion on a 2 min CD to dodge the remaining burst. And even Void Tendrils can be used to force enemies to untarget you (wasting combo point, rage, runes and HP for paladins). Add in a 45 sec CD on Psychic Horror, and ...

We just have to many spells already that have similar effects to what spectral guise does. I simple so no reason why we need that spell.

Also, if the 3 direct hits are consumed by white hits and dots, the spell is pretty much useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    This. Is. True.

We are looking pretty bad. Proc base Shadow spec? Crap lvl 87 ability. Not looking good mates . . . at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    I'm still taking bets on Fade and Spectral Guise sharing CD, because they're just to similar.
    If it doesnt' share CD with fade, combined with all other abilities we have, it might end up too much. If it does, it's pretty much useless.

Honestly, we do not even need a spell like Spectral Guise. We have fade/phantasm to dodge ranged attacks in PvP in MoP on a 30 sec CD (without glyph), and we have dispersion on a 2 min CD to dodge the remaining burst. And even Void Tendrils can be used to force enemies to untarget you (wasting combo point, rage, runes and HP for paladins). Add in a 45 sec CD on Psychic Horror, and ...

We just have to many spells already that have similar effects to what spectral guise does. I simple so no reason why we need that spell.

Also, if the 3 direct hits are consumed by white hits and dots, the spell is pretty much useless.
    Yeah thats a good point if it shares a cd with fade then... ughhh but then if it dosent we can fade/guise/fearbomb we would have way more pvp talents and most likely be op in pvp with all the fears and target drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripleblack View Post
    Yeah thats a good point if it shares a cd with fade then... ughhh but then if it dosent we can fade/guise/fearbomb we would have way more pvp talents and most likely be op in pvp with all the fears and target drops.
    We may be OP in pvp, but in pve those skills will be almost useless... Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool ability but just as you said, having improved fade and dispersion makes it unworthy to be a top level ability.
    Last edited by mmoc3d05ee6dd7; 2012-03-27 at 03:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if Fade (w/ Phantasm) and Spectral Guise share cooldowns, that's still far from useless. If you fight double melee, Phantasm will blow, while Spectral Guise will be something you use every cooldown - currently double (or triple) melee is very popular in pretty much all sub-gladiator arena brackets.

I very much hope they don't share cooldowns though, as similar as they are - I agree that giving us Spectral Guise - but making it a choice between an existing ability makes it feel like a loss of an ability to gain a new (and potentially not as good one). Nobody likes that.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I love this ability -- I hope they keep it. It should open up some nice juking, like using it a few times and simply standing in place while kiting the next time it's off cooldown, and watching your opponent run to wherever he thinks you went while you just turn around and start running again!