10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potaco View Post
    While I don't agree with everything Injin is saying, you seem content with the idea that promotional materials don't need to match the contract they are advertising, because everyone already knows that ads are ambiguous at best, misleading at worst.
    I'm not content with the idea; I just understand how it works and act accordingly. And responsibly.

Again, "legal" doesn't always mean "right" to people.
    Absolutely true. But again, I know what to go by to avoid trouble. If I choose not to, then I assume responsibility for the outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    So you agree, that's what I heard originally and what I hear now.

Cheers.
    I agree that you're imagining things, yes.

Cheers.
    Doesn't stop you being wrong.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Cheers.
    He's also pointing out that you are wrong.
    Keep The Beats!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelfie View Post
    I ask again, where does it say that every AP-Holder get a invite in the FIRST wave?
    Mike Morhaine said "When it goes live", he didnt Specifically say "In waves after it goes live"

He lied, Blizzard wanted to keep players in the next month of SwToR launch and that is what they did to keep people subbed. Their subs dropped ONLY with 100 000 more and they were able to plaster a fake confident smile before their shareholders knowing they had lied to their Customers.

Blizzard = lies and abuse for its docile masses of cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    Which he is also taking as confirmation he is right. See the irony there?

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Nothing they said implies day one access. You realize that the Annual pass also came out in October?
    u know that is the post i was talking about ,it's a forum post answering someones question,far from a public announcement.that just shows how long they new there were to many and just let it go til day beta went live.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathis View Post
    Mike Morhaine said "When it goes live", he didnt Specifically say "In waves after it goes live"

He lied, Blizzard wanted to keep players in the next month of SwToR launch and that is what did. Their subs dropped ONLY with 100 000 more and they were able to plaster a fake confident smile before their shareholders knowing they had lied to their Customers.

He didn't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by KHShadowrunner View Post
    Required was poor word on my part. My answer is the same. No, I do not feel it would have changed the outcome of the results, because (and the rest of where of my original response comes in).
    "beta access will go with the beta launch" --> "beta access will be granted in waves once the beta launches"

I find it hard to agree that even a simple change like that would not have had any effect on this resulting drama.

Quote Originally Posted by KHShadowrunner View Post
    To your answer, fair enough. I'm not out to convert people. I'm simply out to state that I feel it's perfectly fine the way they presented their advertisement as well as how they handled the situation. With this, the topic should die in an "agree to disagree" manner.
    OK, so you understand why I feel the way I do and I understand why you don't feel that way. The problem with many of your fellow defenders is that they are refusing to acknowledge that anyone could feel differently, instead focusing on the "IT'S IN THE CONTRACT, IT'S LEGAL, NOW SHUT UP" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathis View Post

He lied, Blizzard wanted to keep players in the next month of SwToR launch and that is what did. Their subs dropped ONLY with 100 000 more and they were able to plaster a fake confident smile before their shareholders knowing they had lied to their Customers.

You don't understand what a lie is then.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicman View Post
    u know that is the post i was talking about ,it's a forum post answering someones question,far from a public announcement.that just shows how long they new there were to many and just let it go til day beta went live.
    Wrong. Blizzcon was before that question was answered.

What if you get access in the next two weeks? I'd say that was fair, and yet here you are complaining when you don't know when you'll get in. The "fair" window is still open for a while. If you get in during the last couple weeks, I'd say that was pretty unfair, but just wait before raging. You're not missing much yet anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    No. I can't be wrong you see. What you try to communicate to me isn't what I might recieve and if you want to communicate you have to make sure.

And i am far from the only person who processes the statement this way, in fact doing it the other way seems utterly ludicrous to me. Why on earth would he say that beta would be live when beta is live? makes fuck all sense.

If you do something the same way for 15+ years.

blizzard betas are all ways up once you are in not like a up for weekend down then back up.
    blizzard betas are all ways done in waves even the beta invites for past blizzcons.
    so some people knew what it was when he said it sadly the ones that did not did not read the fine print of the contract.

there is no scam there never was a scam the idea of a scam is people just think that they should be first sorry the people in it now are more important then YOU.

No. I can't be wrong you see. What you try to communicate to me isn't what I might recieve and if you want to communicate you have to make sure.

And i am far from the only person who processes the statement this way, in fact doing it the other way seems utterly ludicrous to me. Why on earth would he say that beta would be live when beta is live? makes fuck all sense.
    Your ability to process is wrong.
    Keep The Beats!

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, so you understand why I feel the way I do and I understand why you don't feel that way. The problem with many of your fellow defenders is that they are refusing to acknowledge that anyone could feel differently, instead focusing on the "IT'S IN THE CONTRACT, IT'S LEGAL, NOW SHUT UP" argument.
    Oh I understand that it can be disappointing. I mean, I wish my access was up. It's just that the guys on your side of the fence seem to shift the legal responsibility, while in reality, it rests on their shoulders.

I can understand the disappointment, but I also understand that I chose to get the AP within these terms.

No. I can't be wrong you see.
    Of course you can. If you need a reference, feel free to check almost every other post you have made in this thread for examples.

I for one have never told anyone to shut up.

I have, however, asked several times what you people (who feel wronged by Blizzard) hope to achieve by keeping this up on these forums?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Wrong. Blizzcon was before that question was answered.
    and at blizzcon they did not mention waves.the only mention of waves before the change in the ad the day beta went live was in a forum post on page 11 or 12.there was nothing publicaly announced before hand

"beta access will go with the beta launch" --> "beta access will be granted in waves once the beta launches"

I find it hard to agree that even a simple change like that would not have had any effect on this resulting drama.

Everyone secretly just wants the thread to die. I guess it ties in to the title of the topic, which is "How is everyone ok with this?" which, despite it being inaccurate to what he was describing, instigates that you're either right in thinking it's wrong, or you're simply wrong. People want to voice just how they are ok with it, and that causes rebuttle. Like you point out, i'm perfectly ok with people that are upset, but I think nothing should change. I am completely okay with this, for the reasons mentioned. Any thought of changing the process because of it, would meet with resistance.

People have the right to be upset, because as the world is pointing out, there's more and more to be upset about nowadays anyways. Nothing should change though, as far as I'm concerned, because everything that was done was done in the right, IMO.

The problem with the first line is, you cannot 100% guarantee that it would happen in waves. Someone mentioned that it will, but who is to say that they were to open up 50 servers for everyone based on the volume for a n event not matched by any other company (this is a lie, lol) then they would have to change the FAQ to reflect that it is actually NOT happening in waves! This would lead to the argument of "this is better than the current", to which i would probably look and say "if that' s the case they should go ahead and predict the worst possible outcome and just say "invites will be given on an individual basis depending on the server condition, test variance, etc..." and that would just be awful for advertising.

Eh. It's fun to debate in forums though